Thread: Saving a dying game

Saving a dying game

As a lot of you probably already know iEra is losing a lot of their playerbase which is why I am making this post.
    I know that most staffs still care about the game which is why new ideas and concepts recently were asked (Laser Tag, Plasma Update, et cetera), however instead of just adding new things in order to get more players, I found an easier solution:

Add iEra to the Nintendo E-Shop, Playstation Store and of course the Xbox life Shop.

iEra is playable on a controller, just use the left joystick to move, the right one to move your mouse and the R button to shot (I tried it with my Switch Pro Controller on Pc)

For real there is no valid reason why you can download Era on the Appstore/Playstore/Play it on Facebook but you can't download it from any ps4/Nintendo/Xbox shop
    Hey I have autism so please be patient and polite

Those cost a lot of money, and I don’t think that this would be the server’s saving grace. I also don’t think that era is in the position to move to something as big as that yet.

Please think of better solutions that cost no money and rely on free labour.

Check out my signature
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

If only there was some wild trading quest idea that graal era could implement to be its last saving grace.

"The world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people" -Mother Teresa
     Spoiler
    "Apple seeds average around 0.6mg hydrogen cyanide (HCN) per gram of dry seed. Since the lethal dose of HCN is estimated to be around 50mg, you will need around 85 grams of dry seeds. This is around half a cup... it requires a lot of apples."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post
    If only there was some wild trading quest idea that graal era could implement to be its last saving grace.
    I know, right?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

don't know about Nintendo, don't forget graal was sued by Nintendo in the past for using some graphics and such, but I would love to be able to play graal on my Apple TV, or PS4
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by DTL View Post
    As a lot of you probably already know iEra is losing a lot of their playerbase which is why I am making this post.
    I know that most staffs still care about the game which is why new ideas and concepts recently were asked (Laser Tag, Plasma Update, et cetera), however instead of just adding new things in order to get more players, I found an easier solution:

Add iEra to the Nintendo E-Shop, Playstation Store and of course the Xbox life Shop.

iEra is playable on a controller, just use the left joystick to move, the right one to move your mouse and the R button to shot (I tried it with my Switch Pro Controller on Pc)

For real there is no valid reason why you can download Era on the Appstore/Playstore/Play it on Facebook but you can't download it from any ps4/Nintendo/Xbox shop
    Of course there's a valid reason. Google 'porting'. There isn't a magical button which you can press to transport a game onto another platform. E.g. Compare the web version of era to mobile. The amount of issues on web is enough of a hassle as it is, even if we had the resources to port to other consoles it wouldn't be a great idea due to the device-specific issues that'd arise as consequence, further leeching dev resources from fixing the pre-existing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Junz View Post
    Of course there's a valid reason. Google 'porting'. There isn't a magical button which you can press to transport a game onto another platform. E.g. Compare the web version of era to mobile. The amount of issues on web is enough of a hassle as it is, even if we had the resources to port to other consoles it wouldn't be a great idea due to the device-specific issues that'd arise as consequence, further leeching dev resources from fixing the pre-existing issues.
    Quite right, each platform can even push the devs to rewrite the game from the ground up so the platform can "read" it,
    though Apple recently announced in the Xcode 11 that it's making bringing your iPad apps to Mac way easier since they have the same source code and project code with a little refining, and a big example of that is the Asphalt 9 game which is a 3D racing game made for iPad and is now transferred to Mac near effortlessly. Though the drawback is finding someone who already knows swift language and that goes to unixmad to find one of his employees.
    On the plus side it would be a perfect alternative to bringing Graal to PC without the need of a facebook client or a Graal client, just the IOS version on Mac, but that would only limit it to Mac since there's no alternative to windows.
    Source: https://developer.apple.com/ipad-apps-for-mac/
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

I agree, but I don't know if GraalOnline Era is ready for this, I think it would be better to advertise on YouTube and social networks to attract more players.

(We could also give prizes to all those players who bring friends to the game)