Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We need to advertise Era... Please:(

We need to advertise Era... Please:(

Everybody knows how there has been a huge huge drop in player count since like 2012 13 ish. I find it frustrating how the staff seems to not really care or do anything about it. What I think Era (Or really just Graal as a whole) should do, is to advertise the game. Like video ads, or even like those paid promotions that YouTubers do. This would definitely work, because no joke, everybody that I have introduced graal to has been HOOKED to it ever since. And that’s the problem, the only way this game gets new players is from mouth. 1 person tells one person at a time. And advertising could do this same thing except 100 times faster and more efficiently, especially because you get to visually see the game, as it looks appealing to 8-11 year old kids. This is also around the age where you can make you childhood revolve around the game so yeah, I feel like we should really do some kind of advertising. It also feels helpless how no staff EVER listens to anything on the forums, even when it’s a good idea that should at least be considered, but it feels helpless because I don’t think any idea in the forums has actually made it into the game. If you guys also think this is a good idea, please forward this to higher staff, and higher staff please talk to Unixmad about this. This game has real potential to blow up
    Thanks,
    Dearan

Staffs do care about the game especially Imask who changed the server location in order to reduce lag+added a new fancy event called Laser Tag but ye u r right staffs gotta start advertising the game
    Hey I have autism so please be patient and polite

suppose that if the publicity of the game is successful and too many people enter to play more than 5k the server would fall apart and it would take time to fix it. The fundamental thing is to have this server in good condition before anything else

Well, if you look at Fortnite, their servers couldn’t handle the millions of new players. What did they do? They fixed their servers to be able to handle the huge surge of new players. I don’t know if any of you guys have heard about 2b2t(the oldest minecraft server), but when a famous youtuber made videos on the server, thousand of new players joined. The owners of the server put a cap on the amount of players that could log on at once and everyone would have to wait in a queue. Players could buy a pass to skip the queue and be first to join. If Era implemented this it could add to their revenue by selling queue skip passes for gralats or itunes.
    Even if Era was advertised, it unlikely that millions of players would all join at once. Right now we don’t even know the max amount of players that the server can handle. So IMO too many players wouldn’t be a long term problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CisCo View Post
    Well, if you look at Fortnite, their servers couldn’t handle the millions of new players. What did they do? They fixed their servers to be able to handle the huge surge of new players. I don’t know if any of you guys have heard about 2b2t(the oldest minecraft server), but when a famous youtuber made videos on the server, thousand of new players joined. The owners of the server put a cap on the amount of players that could log on at once and everyone would have to wait in a queue. Players could buy a pass to skip the queue and be first to join. If Era implemented this it could add to their revenue by selling queue skip passes for gralats or itunes.
    Even if Era was advertised, it unlikely that millions of players would all join at once. Right now we don’t even know the max amount of players that the server can handle. So IMO too many players wouldn’t be a long term problem.
    I'm not an expert on technological matters, but I remember the server starting to lag more than usual when about 5000 people logged on for a free Event Coin a year or two ago. So, I'd say that the current server can handle 7000 or 8000 people at once until your average user faces severe connection issues.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    I'm not an expert on technological matters, but I remember the server starting to lag more than usual when about 5000 people logged on for a free Event Coin a year or two ago. So, I'd say that the current server can handle 7000 or 8000 people at once until your average user faces severe connection issues.
    Nostalgic moments.

Imo the only way Era would ever get advertised is through players and their friends, I don't see Facebook share events contributing much

Of course staff members care, but if they have no clue how to solve the issue; then what are they to do.

Advertisements are definitely a must-have though.
    Do or do not; there is no try

Era is pretty blessed at the moment to have such a dedicated and stable staff team, especially with staff like iMask and Junz who are putting in the effort to keep the game alive. I've been out of the loop for a while now so forgive me if I'm looking at this from a completely outside perspective, but the only way we will see some sort of revival is through advertising. Every few years you'll see a cycle in the playerbase with oldies leaving and newbies taking their place but poor management, along side several other factors has meant that Era has missed that crucial pickup of new players. It's not fair to the current staff team who are doing all they can that Unixmad doesn't want to put the time or money into this game.
    Player Relations 2016 - 2017
    Senior Player Relations 2017 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2018 - 2018
    Player Relations again lol 2020

solution, short answer: advertising!!

Long answer:

An advertising admin!

getting an admin just for advertising or an admin who has an extra job "advertising".
    Let's make the perfect list of what an 'advertising admin' should be like and what he can do.

First of all, the juicy stuff, what should he be able to do?

*get new players
    -advertise via facebook
    -advertise at the other graal games
    -update the app store and android store description
    -ask the playerbase to advertise the game

*get existing players to play longer
    -give free EC more frequently
    -make new event-ideas
    -brainstorm about new features that can improve the game
    -get more daily things into the game (as example: happy hour: digging shells spawn twice as fast)
    -get more admin-players interactions (we do have a meeting lounge, an opera hall??)
    -adding more achievements

*get more payment going in the game:
    -hosting rare auctions more often
    -more exclusive stuff

Sounds juicy ay? as a normal player, your time online surely would get more fun. But who could become such an admin giving the players a joy of a time?
    So secondly: who? We need an admin that understands the playerbase through and through. As a true advertiser, he or she knows his public in every vain. Surveys and questioning the playerbase are his tools to give the players and the new players a fresh new way of playing the game. a supersocial positive loyal and truthful person. He or she is the heart of the playerbase and knows everything the playerbase wants. He or she will do everything to get the people excited via advertisment out of the game and in the game.

I guess this is the way I would solve this problem
    MicheLanGelo
    DREAM IT BIG, MAKE IT BIG

sunflower/chillipepper/spring trashpicks/spring hats/leaf car/... i hope that i can expand this list.
    http://www.mlg-gfx.weebly.com

Leveler
    What you're describing is the Communications and Development Departments in one imo
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin