Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade Ban Q&A

Trade Ban Q&A

So there’s still a lot of trade banning going on iEra. Some with good reason some without real reason. This ban was introduced with a real reason at first now its lightly getting out of hand. I’m speaking for myself and multiple people. I’m taking the time to make this thread in hopes of clarification for the community and myself. Id like some brief answers mainly from staff, but all answers, opinions and even more questions regarding this are welcomed with open arms

1. Is this ban permanent for most players?

2. If permanent could we make it a timer based like jails depending on said players offense?

3. If someone is trade banned on an account and they play on the same IP address on a new account will that account get trade banned as well?

4. Could we just make certain items untradeable/locked so trade banned players can still access tables for basic items like food, traps, ect.

5. Some players have been trade banned for scamming, is scamming still legal?

6. Could we give the option of having all tradeables removed in exchange of lifting the ban for some players?

7. Do you think trade banning will damage the Trade Table economy long term wise?

8. Should trade banned players be entitled to a refund on iTunes that has been spent towards tradeable/auction items?
    Last edited by Darkshadow; 09-19-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Looks like the Trade Wars hit iEra too.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Looks like the Trade Wars hit iEra too.
    Era’s trade market has been dying big time

or simply receive what they deserve

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    Era’s trade market has been dying big time
    Agreed. I remember seeing all kinds of items in the Trade Tables a few years ago, but the amount of active traders seems to be going down.

Agreed. I remember seeing all kinds of items in the Trade Tables a few years ago, but the amount of active traders seems to be going down.
    It’s been said that Hoyt the current manager is supposed to investigate everyone's trade bans and many are trade banned with zero evidence. Some people have been wrongfully trade banned for 6 months+ and only the manager has the power to look into all of the trade logs. It’s such an odd situation. Why ban people for this long without evidence to prove them guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    It’s been said that Hoyt the current manager is supposed to investigate everyone's trade bans and many are trade banned with zero evidence. Some people have been wrongfully trade banned for 6 months+ and only the manager has the power to look into all of the trade logs. It’s such an odd situation. Why ban people for this long without evidence to prove them guilty?
    I'm not sure, but would it be farfetched to assume that it was a malfunction within the system?

I'm not sure, but would it be farfetched to assume that it was a malfunction within the system?
    No, many Senior PRs have confirmed that Hoyt will investigate every individual separately in the future. This seems like very unusual punishment considering how many innocent people are wrongfully banned so often.

Guilty until proven innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite View Post
    Guilty until proven innocent.
    No, you’re wrong. It’s innocent until proven guilty. Wtf ?