Thread: Weapon Rebalancing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Weapon Rebalancing

With Bitzsam gone it seems like no one is taking care of the guns in game nor keeping sure that everything is kept balanced. It is undeniable that there are currently guns which need to be reinvented — there have always been.

These guns are the A91, Black Lotus Assault Rifle, the SLH-46 and the BAR. I will address these guns separately in the same order as mentioned. Keep in mind that i don’t have access to any of the scripts for these guns therefore i cant provide any exact stats, but those would prove my point even further. My “complaints” arent with the guns themselves and how they are used generally, but based on how they’ve been used in spar lately — which often doesnt even seem to be considered when making these guns in the first place.

A-91:
    For a gun which only costs 90k gralats you receive a weapon with almost seamless freeze that deals 11 damage with a 25 clip and lots of spread. The combination between the medium firerate and low freeze makes this an instant favorite for spammers who like to clog the entire arena with bullets within seconds. My issue with this gun is with it’s overpowered combination between the high clip, the firerate, the freeze and the price. This gun is a poor example of what a run-and-gun weapon should be like, referring to guns with very low freeze. A better example would be the HK-416 which, despite having a lower freeze and considerably high spread, knows how to balance that with a low firerate and a sensical clip of 15 bullets. Just for reference A91 has almost twice that clip and is way faster just for a 10,000 gralat difference.

Black Lotus Assault Rifle: this gun is another poor example of a horrible run-and-gun weapon looks like, though not being as much of an issue given how considerably harder it is to get 95 event coins as opposed to 90,000 gralats. The combination between the firerate and the freeze of this gun is just straight up stupid. That trumped by the fact it has a 20 clip makes me question the mental stability and sanity of whoever added these stats. If this gun was limited it would make much more sense why it works the way it does, but for a gun that can infinitely be purchased by players this gun has to be changed ASAP before more people get it and get upset with it’s inevitable nerf. I really dont have much more to say about it, you just have to see for yourself how this gun performs in spar to see how absolutely ridiculous it is. My suggestion would be to increase the freeze of this gun and shorten the clip.

SLH-46: I dont have much of an issue with this gun, since it is a limited edition gun and besides the one being given away in the instagram giveaway no more will ever be added to the game. Out of the current 13 people who own it only about 4-5 spar with it on a regular basis. Though the main modes arent much of an issue with problem lies on the pistol mode. The pistol mode has an incredibly fast firerate and an almost seamless reload, making this a nightmare to go against in spar given how much spam it can create.

BAR: There is not much to say about this gun that hasnt been said before. Either ban this gun from sparring or just reduce the damage by a mere 0.5 damage, thats ALL it takes to fix this gun, a mere 0.5 damage reduction will fix the gun without taking too much away from it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iMagicBae; 03-13-2020 at 10:09 PM.
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-