Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Rebalancing

Weapon Rebalancing

With Bitzsam gone it seems like no one is taking care of the guns in game nor keeping sure that everything is kept balanced. It is undeniable that there are currently guns which need to be reinvented — there have always been.

These guns are the A91, Black Lotus Assault Rifle, the SLH-46 and the BAR. I will address these guns separately in the same order as mentioned. Keep in mind that i don’t have access to any of the scripts for these guns therefore i cant provide any exact stats, but those would prove my point even further. My “complaints” arent with the guns themselves and how they are used generally, but based on how they’ve been used in spar lately — which often doesnt even seem to be considered when making these guns in the first place.

A-91:
    For a gun which only costs 90k gralats you receive a weapon with almost seamless freeze that deals 11 damage with a 25 clip and lots of spread. The combination between the medium firerate and low freeze makes this an instant favorite for spammers who like to clog the entire arena with bullets within seconds. My issue with this gun is with it’s overpowered combination between the high clip, the firerate, the freeze and the price. This gun is a poor example of what a run-and-gun weapon should be like, referring to guns with very low freeze. A better example would be the HK-416 which, despite having a lower freeze and considerably high spread, knows how to balance that with a low firerate and a sensical clip of 15 bullets. Just for reference A91 has almost twice that clip and is way faster just for a 10,000 gralat difference.

Black Lotus Assault Rifle: this gun is another poor example of a horrible run-and-gun weapon looks like, though not being as much of an issue given how considerably harder it is to get 95 event coins as opposed to 90,000 gralats. The combination between the firerate and the freeze of this gun is just straight up stupid. That trumped by the fact it has a 20 clip makes me question the mental stability and sanity of whoever added these stats. If this gun was limited it would make much more sense why it works the way it does, but for a gun that can infinitely be purchased by players this gun has to be changed ASAP before more people get it and get upset with it’s inevitable nerf. I really dont have much more to say about it, you just have to see for yourself how this gun performs in spar to see how absolutely ridiculous it is. My suggestion would be to increase the freeze of this gun and shorten the clip.

SLH-46: I dont have much of an issue with this gun, since it is a limited edition gun and besides the one being given away in the instagram giveaway no more will ever be added to the game. Out of the current 13 people who own it only about 4-5 spar with it on a regular basis. Though the main modes arent much of an issue with problem lies on the pistol mode. The pistol mode has an incredibly fast firerate and an almost seamless reload, making this a nightmare to go against in spar given how much spam it can create.

BAR: There is not much to say about this gun that hasnt been said before. Either ban this gun from sparring or just reduce the damage by a mere 0.5 damage, thats ALL it takes to fix this gun, a mere 0.5 damage reduction will fix the gun without taking too much away from it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iMagicBae; 03-13-2020 at 10:09 PM.
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Leveler
    Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    With a deadbeat gun admin it seems like no one is taking care of the guns in game nor keeping sure that everything is kept balanced. It is undeniable that there are currently guns which need to be reinvented — there have always been.

These guns are the A91, Black Lotus Assault Rifle, the SLH-46 and the BAR. I will address these guns separately in the same order as mentioned. Keep in mind that i don’t have access to any of the scripts for these guns therefore i cant provide any exact stats, but those would prove my point even further. My “complaints” arent with the guns themselves and how they are used generally, but based on how they’ve been used in spar lately — which often doesnt even seem to be considered when making these guns in the first place.

A-91:
    For a gun which only costs 90k gralats you receive a weapon with almost seamless freeze that deals 11 damage with a 25 clip and lots of spread. The combination between the medium firerate and low freeze makes this an instant favorite for spammers who like to clog the entire arena with bullets within seconds. My issue with this gun is with it’s overpowered combination between the high clip, the firerate, the freeze and the price. This gun is a poor example of what a run-and-gun weapon should be like, referring to guns with very low freeze. A better example would be the HK-416 which, despite having a lower freeze and considerably high spread, knows how to balance that with a low firerate and a sensical clip of 15 bullets. Just for reference A91 has almost twice that clip and is way faster just for a 10,000 gralat difference.

Black Lotus Assault Rifle: this gun is another poor example of a horrible run-and-gun weapon looks like, though not being as much of an issue given how considerably harder it is to get 95 event coins as opposed to 90,000 gralats. The combination between the firerate and the freeze of this gun is just straight up stupid. That trumped by the fact it has a 20 clip makes me question the mental stability and sanity of whoever added these stats. If this gun was limited it would make much more sense why it works the way it does, but for a gun that can infinitely be purchased by players this gun has to be changed ASAP before more people get it and get upset with it’s inevitable nerf. I really dont have much more to say about it, you just have to see for yourself how this gun performs in spar to see how absolutely ridiculous it is. My suggestion would be to increase the freeze of this gun and shorten the clip.

SLH-46: I dont have much of an issue with this gun, since it is a limited edition gun and besides the one being given away in the instagram giveaway no more will ever be added to the game. Out of the current 13 people who own it only about 4-5 spar with it on a regular basis. Though the main modes arent much of an issue with problem lies on the pistol mode. The pistol mode has an incredibly fast firerate and an almost seamless reload, making this a nightmare to go against in spar given how much spam it can create.

BAR: There is not much to say about this gun that hasnt been said before. Either ban this gun from sparring or just reduce the damage by a mere 0.5 damage, thats ALL it takes to fix this gun, a mere 0.5 damage reduction will fix the gun without taking too much away from it.

While I agree with what you're saying, I disagree with your personal attack against our Guns Admin. Is he the most active? Certainly not. But, that's no reason to go calling him a "deadbeat gun admin".
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

Weapon Rebalancing

Quote Originally Posted by kaz210 View Post
    While I agree with what you're saying, I disagree with your personal attack against our Guns Admin. Is he the most active? Certainly not. But, that's no reason to go calling him a "deadbeat gun admin".
    If other people shared the power he held i wouldnt have an issue, but why hold such an important position by yourself if you’re not going to be active?. Thats just my personal opinion of the guy and while i do admit he’s an amazing graphics artist, LDA and Gani artist i have never agreed with him solely handling the Gun Admin position specially with the decisions he has made over the past 3 years.

Last edited by iMagicBae; 10-19-2019 at 12:27 AM.
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    If other people shared the power he held i wouldnt have an issue, but why hold such an important position by yourself if you’re not going to be active?. Thats just my personal opinion of the guy and while i do admit he’s an amazing graphics artist, LDA and Gani artist i have never agreed with him solely handling the Gun Admin position specially with to the decisions he has made over the past 3 years.

Why are exotic weapons that BitzSam creates no longer balanced? As in they aren’t balanced equally amongst each other. When you take a look at all of the exotic weapons, only 2017’s(Renegade and Armor) are the ones that stand out. They are so incredibly OP and every other exotic is just bland like any auction weapon. Sure they may be unique and rare but they are no where near as OP as they should be for their rarity and cost in shells. Only 25 of these coins are released per year and i estimate 5 or more are given to noobs that probably quit and never even realize what they own. The coins are very hard to get and the exotic weapons aren’t as great as they should be. Another weapon that isn’t balanced comes from Plasma Corp and is so hard to get that is so underwhelming is the Photon Rifle. For 200k kills and 15,000 plasma coins, it is just a horrible weapon to use. The anti matter burner is so much better and only costs 7500 coins. The Photon Rifle is the “ultimate weapon” but doesn’t live up to its expectations or name. I have heard rumors that Junz wanted it to be buffed but bitzsam didn’t allow it. Maybe he doesn’t want another “chem” in the game but this gun is certainly no where near a chem. Its not even as good as a flamethrower. Those are just some of the weapons that i believe should be rebalanced.

I'm not active on my player account because my ipad is broken. I still check here and discord daily. The point of the large gun rebalance was so that gun stats could effectively be finalised and didn't need to be tweaked randomly- As was a common complaint by players when individual guns had to be rebalanced multiple times.

A-91 is good yea, don't see the issue with it remaining so. It's balanced accordingly with guns comparable to its price eg-UMP45 and is a good, cheaper option for those who were against the P2W aspect of the game.

Black Lotus and the SLH-44 I can't comment on since I didn't give those guns their stats or were notified about them being added.

As for the BAR, again- most expensive gun in the game, not much can be done as a result. Your suggestion of reducing its damage even by 0.5 would remove the 4 shot kill potential of the gun, making it a 5 shot kill which would put it in the same category as any previously 8-9 damage gun (M4, Ghost M4, Vector etc) and would remove all of its value.

As for my staff activity, there really isn't anything for me to do. I want to make and release new guns but at this stage doing so would be pointless due to the limited stat variables and any new gun added would effectively be a full priced skin of another gun with exception to any hotkeys its given. I have suggested many new variables (eg bullet range, random damage calculator, bullet speeds) and have been waiting since Christmas last year for a new gun related system to be added that would allow me to add new things, but no progress has been made despite my occasional nagging to the scripters.

Hey Bitzsam, can you please look into the second, dual mode of the gun PGM338 from 2018 halloween? Its only dealing 6.5 damage to players when it's supposed to deal 9.5 damage instead, please fix.

Literally Quit Gun Admin.

Imagine complaining about a Gun Admin when most of you guys would only change stats of guns you like or currently have. A lot of people are bias when it comes to guns, Bitzsam, who is basically a neutral player doesn't have to do anything. There was a little outbreak about the change, but now it's all over. Either you're new, returning, or just an old fashion complainer, the guns are fine as is.

Bro, This mans need to get fired lmao. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    I'm not active on my player account because my ipad is broken. I still check here and discord daily. The point of the large gun rebalance was so that gun stats could effectively be finalised and didn't need to be tweaked randomly- As was a common complaint by players when individual guns had to be rebalanced multiple times.

A-91 is good yea, don't see the issue with it remaining so. It's balanced accordingly with guns comparable to its price eg-UMP45 and is a good, cheaper option for those who were against the P2W aspect of the game.

Black Lotus and the SLH-44 I can't comment on since I didn't give those guns their stats or were notified about them being added.

As for the BAR, again- most expensive gun in the game, not much can be done as a result. Your suggestion of reducing its damage even by 0.5 would remove the 4 shot kill potential of the gun, making it a 5 shot kill which would put it in the same category as any previously 8-9 damage gun (M4, Ghost M4, Vector etc) and would remove all of its value.

As for my staff activity, there really isn't anything for me to do. I want to make and release new guns but at this stage doing so would be pointless due to the limited stat variables and any new gun added would effectively be a full priced skin of another gun with exception to any hotkeys its given. I have suggested many new variables (eg bullet range, random damage calculator, bullet speeds) and have been waiting since Christmas last year for a new gun related system to be added that would allow me to add new things, but no progress has been made despite my occasional nagging to the scripters.

Hmm well Laser Tag was added. The bullets on the laser guns seem to be “the speed of light”. The game mode is weird and could probably use your help to balance it more. The events shop was also added and a bunch of the new expensive guns there are so so bad. I’m talking 90 ec+ guns that are worse than an M4. So many people have complained about them. Borius won the first 95 ec Engineer’s Rifle after the release in a 200 man spar tourney and that thing is so bad. The SLH-46 is a great gun, its basically an Mtar X, MP7 and Usp .45 all in one. I think a bunch of the exotic weapons need major buffs as they are only rare at this point and still lose to a BAR most of the time which is not balanced considering the exotic weapons cost 200k+ a super rare coin.