Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Are we allowed to harass other players ?

  1. #1

    Are we allowed to harass other players ?

    It's been 3 years since I can no longer play in peace.

    At the beginning of 2017, a player nicknamed Dexter started talking to me, and only a few days after that, I couldn't log on without getting PMs like "Dexter said he loved you and wanted to meet you", "he's always talking about you", "he wants to FaceTime you in a suit to introduce you to his parents"...
    Even if it was obvious that I didn't show him any affection signs and that I wasn't interested, he kept on telling people about me and how much he loved me.
    At some point, I had to tell him clearly that nothing would ever happen between us. He told me he'd commit suicide.
    I ended up blocking him. That's when he started following me, following my friends and putting status about me to threaten me to spread personal information such as my adress or my phone number. Even if it could've been avoided, I didn't give him all that information intentionally. But as far as I know, i'ts a serious form of harassment and shouldn't be tolerated. Yet, in almost 3 years, he only got jailed for a week (and came back on a new account to do the same thing for the meantime of course). Not to mention all the hours it took to get him jailed when his status AND name were "Unblock me or I'm spreading your adress and phone number".

    Now I can't base or put any gang tag on without having him following me.
    I can't even go a day without logging into my account and reading PMs like "Dexter said he'd buy a drone to expose you to your parents" or else 'Dexter said he'd go to France to get his revenge".
    I can't marry someone without Dexter pming my friend to threaten them "I'm booking a ticked to Canada right now, I have a 9mm". He also made up a lot of lies about me, and even my family; he once told someone that my father had died in a car accident.

    I have dozens of screenshots; him telling my adress to people, threatening my friends, his several status "unblock me or I'm spreading your adress", "I'm going to follow you 24/7", "block me and I'll make a lot of accs", "pms for friends only? I should leak info now" but also videos of him following me, and me scrolling through the blocked players list showing the 30 accounts he made when I blocked him.
    And it wouldn't be hard at all to find people that could confirm all of that.

    Some of them are pretty old (2 years) and others are more recent. It just shows that nothing has changed and no one has done anything about it.

    So now what ? It's either he spreads personal information about me or I have to keep talking to him and give him hope so he can be satisfied ? What would you pick ?

  2. #2
    at first i was like “dang, someone likes you. what a shame” then i read the entire post. on a more serious note, if this is still happening then it definitely needs dealt with. you could always turn pms to friends only, but he probably needs permanently banned. i think threatening to kill people, leak addresses, phone numbers, and constantly harassing you and your friends definitely deserves a permanent ban to his account. along with an ip ban, and if possible, a hardware ban too. it shocks me to see that someone can’t get over a girl that simply didn’t like him in the dating way. i’m not sure if they’d allow it, but here’s what i would REALLY suggest. find (but don’t upload yet) new custom uploads, and find a new name. then have someone such as Hoyt transfer your account to a new graal ID. that way, the guy no longer has your account added or blocked. so with a new name, new customs, and new graal ID he would have a very very hard time finding your new account. i think this would be an excellent workaround to permanently banning him since he can always use a vpn/android emu to bypass those bans.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Leveler
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,327
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSven View Post
    at first i was like “dang, someone likes you. what a shame” then i read the entire post. on a more serious note, if this is still happening then it definitely needs dealt with. you could always turn pms to friends only, but he probably needs permanently banned. i think threatening to kill people, leak addresses, phone numbers, and constantly harassing you and your friends definitely deserves a permanent ban to his account. along with an ip ban, and if possible, a hardware ban too. it shocks me to see that someone can’t get over a girl that simply didn’t like him in the dating way. i’m not sure if they’d allow it, but here’s what i would REALLY suggest. find (but don’t upload yet) new custom uploads, and find a new name. then have someone such as Hoyt transfer your account to a new graal ID. that way, the guy no longer has your account added or blocked. so with a new name, new customs, and new graal ID he would have a very very hard time finding your new account. i think this would be an excellent workaround to permanently banning him since he can always use a vpn/android emu to bypass those bans.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This^
    Feel free to ask any question!

    iZone Levels Admin

  4. #4
    I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I’m going through a similar situation and it ruins the game so much. I would contact toonslab if you haven’t already and explain to story. Hopefully there is something they can do or give some ways on how to deal with it. It really sucks that someone can so easily, ruin the game for somebody else.
    I wish there was something I could do <3

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSven View Post
    at first i was like “dang, someone likes you. what a shame” then i read the entire post. on a more serious note, if this is still happening then it definitely needs dealt with. you could always turn pms to friends only, but he probably needs permanently banned. i think threatening to kill people, leak addresses, phone numbers, and constantly harassing you and your friends definitely deserves a permanent ban to his account. along with an ip ban, and if possible, a hardware ban too. it shocks me to see that someone can’t get over a girl that simply didn’t like him in the dating way. i’m not sure if they’d allow it, but here’s what i would REALLY suggest. find (but don’t upload yet) new custom uploads, and find a new name. then have someone such as Hoyt transfer your account to a new graal ID. that way, the guy no longer has your account added or blocked. so with a new name, new customs, and new graal ID he would have a very very hard time finding your new account. i think this would be an excellent workaround to permanently banning him since he can always use a vpn/android emu to bypass those bans.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes ^^^

  6. #6
    Artist Tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Tiger's Den
    Posts
    5,046
    Smells like an incel to me. On a happy note, guns are illegal in Canada, he can't get far.

    This sounds SO familiar. I've been through something like this before with all the threats and "exposing," and as much as I thought of "fleeing" I simply refused. My thought process goes along the lines of "I shouldn't have to give up a game I enjoy just because of some toxic player".

    Honestly, you just have to block him all over, keep blocking him until he gives up. It's a long process, but it mostly works. He's not worth your time and not worth being upset over and I lowkey bet he's bluffing, if not, then what can I say? Even if your personal information leaks, what will happen really? Would he really be willing to show up at your door? Let alone some randoms? Dial 911. Part of the problem solved. I'm not saying it's not something to be afraid of, heck I'd start panicking if my address was ever supposedly leaked, but I feel like all he could really do is mail random stuff to you lol.

    As others have said, perhaps higher staff can take a look into this, since this type of behaviour is hella-not-okay.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper
     Spoiler

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Smells like an incel to me. On a happy note, guns are illegal in Canada, he can't get far.

    This sounds SO familiar. I've been through something like this before with all the threats and "exposing," and as much as I thought of "fleeing" I simply refused. My thought process goes along the lines of "I shouldn't have to give up a game I enjoy just because of some toxic player".

    Honestly, you just have to block him all over, keep blocking him until he gives up. It's a long process, but it mostly works. He's not worth your time and not worth being upset over and I lowkey bet he's bluffing, if not, then what can I say? Even if your personal information leaks, what will happen really? Would he really be willing to show up at your door? Let alone some randoms? Dial 911. Part of the problem solved. I'm not saying it's not something to be afraid of, heck I'd start panicking if my address was ever supposedly leaked, but I feel like all he could really do is mail random stuff to you lol.

    As others have said, perhaps higher staff can take a look into this, since this type of behaviour is hella-not-okay.
    He probably won't show up at my door, as he doesn't even live in the same continent as me. But some people who live near me can, and it nearly happened a few months ago. I don't want people to know my adress anyways.
    I don't think it's easy to sue someone that lives abroad. And we all know the police wouldn't do anything.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSven View Post
    at first i was like “dang, someone likes you. what a shame” then i read the entire post. on a more serious note, if this is still happening then it definitely needs dealt with. you could always turn pms to friends only, but he probably needs permanently banned. i think threatening to kill people, leak addresses, phone numbers, and constantly harassing you and your friends definitely deserves a permanent ban to his account. along with an ip ban, and if possible, a hardware ban too. it shocks me to see that someone can’t get over a girl that simply didn’t like him in the dating way. i’m not sure if they’d allow it, but here’s what i would REALLY suggest. find (but don’t upload yet) new custom uploads, and find a new name. then have someone such as Hoyt transfer your account to a new graal ID. that way, the guy no longer has your account added or blocked. so with a new name, new customs, and new graal ID he would have a very very hard time finding your new account. i think this would be an excellent workaround to permanently banning him since he can always use a vpn/android emu to bypass those bans.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This wouldn't be a bad idea, but he's always stalking me. He'd realize I disappeared and suspect something. And as I can't change friends or statistics, he'd end up finding me, it'd just be a matter of time.

  8. #8
    Player Relations Manager
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaely View Post
    It's been 3 years since I can no longer play in peace.

    At the beginning of 2017, a player nicknamed Dexter started talking to me, and only a few days after that, I couldn't log on without getting PMs like "Dexter said he loved you and wanted to meet you", "he's always talking about you", "he wants to FaceTime you in a suit to introduce you to his parents"...
    Even if it was obvious that I didn't show him any affection signs and that I wasn't interested, he kept on telling people about me and how much he loved me.
    At some point, I had to tell him clearly that nothing would ever happen between us. He told me he'd commit suicide.
    I ended up blocking him. That's when he started following me, following my friends and putting status about me to threaten me to spread personal information such as my adress or my phone number. Even if it could've been avoided, I didn't give him all that information intentionally. But as far as I know, i'ts a serious form of harassment and shouldn't be tolerated. Yet, in almost 3 years, he only got jailed for a week (and came back on a new account to do the same thing for the meantime of course). Not to mention all the hours it took to get him jailed when his status AND name were "Unblock me or I'm spreading your adress and phone number".

    Now I can't base or put any gang tag on without having him following me.
    I can't even go a day without logging into my account and reading PMs like "Dexter said he'd buy a drone to expose you to your parents" or else 'Dexter said he'd go to France to get his revenge".
    I can't marry someone without Dexter pming my friend to threaten them "I'm booking a ticked to Canada right now, I have a 9mm". He also made up a lot of lies about me, and even my family; he once told someone that my father had died in a car accident.

    I have dozens of screenshots; him telling my adress to people, threatening my friends, his several status "unblock me or I'm spreading your adress", "I'm going to follow you 24/7", "block me and I'll make a lot of accs", "pms for friends only? I should leak info now" but also videos of him following me, and me scrolling through the blocked players list showing the 30 accounts he made when I blocked him.
    And it wouldn't be hard at all to find people that could confirm all of that.

    Some of them are pretty old (2 years) and others are more recent. It just shows that nothing has changed and no one has done anything about it.

    So now what ? It's either he spreads personal information about me or I have to keep talking to him and give him hope so he can be satisfied ? What would you pick ?
    Hello.
    That sort of behaviour definitely isn't acceptable.
    For severe issues such as these, please contact me directly. Send me a PM in-game and I'll be sure to look into it, we take things like this very seriously.
    Severe harassment / cyber-bullying / doxxing can result in a permanent ban.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •