Thread: the longest wait ever

the longest wait ever

Arte, oh big ol' Arte. Lately it got a new breath of life when 2 admins started working on it again. But as my point of view, creator of Roman Royale, That breath has not brought a lot of life.

Don't get me wrong! those admins are doing the best they can, and I really admire their work next to the other work they have. They are really the buzziest bees in the hive.

But still, Arte is missing the life and flourishment it once had.

So what's wrong?
    Maybe the concept is wrong? Let's review the pros and cons:

PROS

1) creators get happy and proud that their work can get in a game (they will most likely get a boost to draw more and develop a life-long career in drawing and design)

2) graal era gets new content from alot of people, that they can promote and maybe even win some real dollars on.

3) the community feels heard, listened to, encouraged to do the same and get more bonded togheter as they watch their fellow era-bud getting the shop they deserve.

4) more updates that keep the game exciting.

CONS:

1) more work for the level admins (graphic admins can just chill out)

2) graalians are not professionals and get things wrong like item-sizes, color combinations, transparency...

3) ...

We can derive that the pros are way better for the game than the cons deprive the game. The concept is great... But still i have waited on my shop for more than 3 years (I am not kidding, you can search my older posts if you want) I think there should be more admins working on Arte, since Arte has the most pros in the game's perspective.

Do you want Arte to get a boost? Then please share this with your fellow era-buds and admins!!

Greetings MLG
    MicheLanGelo
    DREAM IT BIG, MAKE IT BIG

sunflower/chillipepper/spring trashpicks/spring hats/leaf car/... i hope that i can expand this list.
    http://www.mlg-gfx.weebly.com

what’s new about arte?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Arte, oh big ol' Arte. Lately it got a new breath of life when 2 admins started working on it again. But as my point of view, creator of Roman Royale, That breath has not brought a lot of life.

Don't get me wrong! those admins are doing the best they can, and I really admire their work next to the other work they have. They are really the buzziest bees in the hive.

But still, Arte is missing the life and flourishment it once had.

So what's wrong?
    Maybe the concept is wrong? Let's review the pros and cons:

PROS

1) creators get happy and proud that their work can get in a game (they will most likely get a boost to draw more and develop a life-long career in drawing and design)

2) graal era gets new content from alot of people, that they can promote and maybe even win some real dollars on.

3) the community feels heard, listened to, encouraged to do the same and get more bonded togheter as they watch their fellow era-bud getting the shop they deserve.

4) more updates that keep the game exciting.

CONS:

1) more work for the level admins (graphic admins can just chill out)

2) graalians are not professionals and get things wrong like item-sizes, color combinations, transparency...

3) ...

We can derive that the pros are way better for the game than the cons deprive the game. The concept is great... But still i have waited on my shop for more than 3 years (I am not kidding, you can search my older posts if you want) I think there should be more admins working on Arte, since Arte has the most pros in the game's perspective.

Do you want Arte to get a boost? Then please share this with your fellow era-buds and admins!!

Greetings MLG

The thing is that, this is not a project that is viewed as priority. This is more of a side-work kind of thing, hence why it is not put as something that needs to be worked on constantly or something that has a proper due date. The project has only been taken by very few people, usually 1-2 persons work on these projects and try to work it out but it usually goes inactive because of the workload. The main issue is not leveling, its adding scripts to the furniture and only a few people know how to do it (probably around 4 people in the whole team). I been trying to learn, but it is an issue because of time. I work 2 full time jobs, and also manage graal's graphics, and the people who know how to script it either have school or work, so it becomes very hard to get a time to be able to be thought.

I love this project, and I hold it dear to my heart. But as of now I only have the knowledge of how to add shops that only contain hats. With that said, most of the submissions I get are not really great. Most are submissions that contain edited stuff from the internet (not even from graal itself) so it is very hard to find a good submission that contains somewhat good graphics and is original. I can count like, 5 shops out of 50 submissions that are under review to check for edits.

As of right now, another admin has been helping, and one more decided to help out. I may be inactive for a little more on it, I am currently moving and life has just been an extreme mess right now. Thankfully, October may be the month I have time to focus on projects I have in store for era, and focus on arte as well. I may even work on a thread on how to guide people onto making different graphics (Your second point on cons).

Honestly, right now its about time, specially because we have been trying to work more on getting out stuff, but the development team is usually the busiest haha. It honestly makes me feel bad to put it off for so long, but I am hoping that once I move I can focus a little more on it.

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    The thing is that, this is not a project that is viewed as priority. This is more of a side-work kind of thing, hence why it is not put as something that needs to be worked on constantly or something that has a proper due date. The project has only been taken by very few people, usually 1-2 persons work on these projects and try to work it out but it usually goes inactive because of the workload. The main issue is not leveling, its adding scripts to the furniture and only a few people know how to do it (probably around 4 people in the whole team). I been trying to learn, but it is an issue because of time. I work 2 full time jobs, and also manage graal's graphics, and the people who know how to script it either have school or work, so it becomes very hard to get a time to be able to be thought.

I love this project, and I hold it dear to my heart. But as of now I only have the knowledge of how to add shops that only contain hats. With that said, most of the submissions I get are not really great. Most are submissions that contain edited stuff from the internet (not even from graal itself) so it is very hard to find a good submission that contains somewhat good graphics and is original. I can count like, 5 shops out of 50 submissions that are under review to check for edits.

As of right now, another admin has been helping, and one more decided to help out. I may be inactive for a little more on it, I am currently moving and life has just been an extreme mess right now. Thankfully, October may be the month I have time to focus on projects I have in store for era, and focus on arte as well. I may even work on a thread on how to guide people onto making different graphics (Your second point on cons).

Honestly, right now its about time, specially because we have been trying to work more on getting out stuff, but the development team is usually the busiest haha. It honestly makes me feel bad to put it off for so long, but I am hoping that once I move I can focus a little more on it.
    I wish you all the best!!! really!!! Your 2 jobs! damn, and you can still get graal in between. That's some dedication right there! really good work!

It's just, from a players point of view, It may feel very slow moving. I wish you had a bigger team to work with
    MicheLanGelo
    DREAM IT BIG, MAKE IT BIG

sunflower/chillipepper/spring trashpicks/spring hats/leaf car/... i hope that i can expand this list.
    http://www.mlg-gfx.weebly.com