Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Server-sided spar ring

Server-sided spar ring

Why isnt this a thing already? I saw it be done during GST, so it is possible to make a ring using the same logic where bullets deal server-sided damage like melees do. We are in dire need of something like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Banned
    If that was possible they would've done it way before it became a rising issue.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    It's possible but it'd require an entire rework of the gun system to accommodate server-side collisions since bullets are made with built-in clientside projectile functions. Don't really see that happening unfortunately.

I saw. I conquered. I came.

It would destroy the player experience for players with a higher ping such as 200+ because whenever you close-dodge a bullet on your screen, you would still end up getting hit. I experienced that issue during
    GST when Jeff randomly changed the type of damage to melee damage
    Hey I have autism so please be patient and polite

Server-sided spar ring

Quote Originally Posted by Star* View Post
    If that was possible they would've done it way before it became a rising issue.
    It is possible and it has been done before. Thats the way melees work, thats the way explosions work and thats the way fire works too. The only reason its not on effect its because people with a ping under 100ms are a vast minority as opposed to the rest of the other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Grief Hero View Post
    It's possible but it'd require an entire rework of the gun system to accommodate server-side collisions since bullets are made with built-in clientside projectile functions. Don't really see that happening unfortunately.
    Im not asking its something added to the overall game, just to an arena specifically. A level where all damage is server-sided sort of like they did on the gmap of GST when Jeff made made the bullets deal melee damage to avoid issues with laggers.

I dont believe it to be too difficult to implement. Jeff did it on the spot during GST.

Quote Originally Posted by DTL View Post
    It would destroy the player experience for players with a higher ping such as 200+ because whenever you close-dodge a bullet on your screen, you would still end up getting hit. I experienced that issue during
    GST when Jeff randomly changed the type of damage to melee damage
    Its currently destroying is the experience with people with good connections as well. This is the only game i’ve played where having a good connection is a bad thing for you. There are no efficient methods to deal with laggers. Meeleing them in spar is only viable when they completely lag out of the game, otherwise they move way too much for meleeing to be effective.

ATT-

You don't necessary have to melee them in order to deal damage, explosive guns should be fine too. Furthermore there are many ways to avoid "laggers" in both Complex and Multiplex such as the ping limit rooms.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you can simply report them, in most cases staff will relog them which of course does not solve the issue of people abusing their wifi, but nonetheless it will be a temporary fix since most people (including me too) actually leave the spar arena after being relogged

Quote Originally Posted by DTL View Post
    You don't necessary have to melee them in order to deal damage, explosive guns should be fine too. Furthermore there are many ways to avoid "laggers" in both Complex and Multiplex such as the ping limit rooms.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you can simply report them, in most cases staff will relog them which of course does not solve the issue of people abusing their wifi, but nonetheless it will be a temporary fix since most people (including me too) actually leave the spar arena after being relogged
    Explosive weapons do work in the slim chance your enemy just happens to be some new player who roams around with a rusty starter pistol. In most cases, however, you’ll find yourself laggers with 11 damage guns or in the worst cases, BAR. Explosive weapons are overall just too slow to fend against the other weapons the majority of players have.

The ping room at Complex doesnt currently work it doesnt kick players when their ping exceeds the limit. It was my idea to add ping-limiting spar to the game so trust me that im well aware they exist.

ATT-

Lmao the MPX Ping-Room isn't working either, I guess it was never meant to kick laggers but more to scare them and prevent them even entering the room

Professional Crypt noob
    Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    Explosive weapons do work in the slim chance your enemy just happens to be some new player who roams around with a rusty starter pistol. In most cases, however, you’ll find yourself laggers with 11 damage guns or in the worst cases, BAR. Explosive weapons are overall just too slow to fend against the other weapons the majority of players have.

The ping room at Complex doesnt currently work it doesnt kick players when their ping exceeds the limit. It was my idea to add ping-limiting spar to the game so trust me that im well aware they exist.

Also, a majority of players don't possess explosive guns. we shouldn't have to spend 20 something event coins for an artillery cannon just to combat laggers. if the ping spar just doesn't work anymore it could easily be replaced by a melee damage bullet spar, or however, you want to call it. every time I have tried to get back into sparring It gets really repetitive in the types of players, introducing a new mode that requires more strategy would be refreshing to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc Velo View Post
    Also, a majority of players don't possess explosive guns. we shouldn't have to spend 20 something event coins for an artillery cannon just to combat laggers. if the ping spar just doesn't work anymore it could easily be replaced by a melee damage bullet spar, or however, you want to call it. every time I have tried to get back into sparring It gets really repetitive in the types of players, introducing a new mode that requires more strategy would be refreshing to say the least.
    Nitro Blaster: Am I a joke to you?