Thread: Little tweak that can save a lot of people from getting scammed

Little tweak that can save a lot of people from getting scammed

In trades as we know when you add a certain item to the table, the window pops up and it says that item is being added, and you also need to click "OK". There is a scam in trades where guy distracts you from the table make you look away or something. While you are distracted he decreases the amount of trochus and covers it with another item so it's not noticeable, and that's how people get scammed but, if admins add the pop-up window when somebody decreases the number of shells on the table, a lot of people would not be scammed. I think that the pop-up window would really benefit to trading.

Sometimes people stay at first floor of trade tables building and show off their items to sell them, pop up notification close your pm window (when you are typing message) and also cover your screen... Personally I am ok with trade tables as they are now, also you should check twice before approving deal, there is a window popping up before trade asking if you are sure.

IGN: SashaGryg/Skype: sashagrygprovych
    Ask for help and you will receive

Quote Originally Posted by SashaGryg View Post
    Sometimes people stay at first floor of trade tables building and show off their items to sell them, pop up notification close your pm window (when you are typing message) and also cover your screen... Personally I am ok with trade tables as they are now, also you should check twice before approving deal, there is a window popping up before trade asking if you are sure.
    If you were right why than hundreds of people are getting scammed and quitting? Pop up notification closes your pm window only when somebody adds an item, when somebody decreases the amount of trochus or removes the item the window pop up does not appear so you should check twice . Yes there is window popping up before trade asking if you are sure, but if they were tricked already, not even a 100 pop up windows would help before you accept the trade. Why not update it if it can be more secure, Era in the past few years have lost many players and I'm sure some of those players have been quitted due to they being scammed.

Being scammed by such way as covering items isn't something that is neccessary to be fixed... People always will be scammed in some way. Some people don't know trade tables prices and call bad deals as "scam". I guess that is why they added the scam report button. When you try to report someone for scamming, it says that scamming is illegal, just as in real life.

Being scammed by such way as covering items isn't something that is neccessary to be fixed... People always will be scammed in some way. Some people don't know trade tables prices and call bad deals as "scam". I guess that is why they added the scam report button. When you try to report someone for scamming, it says that scamming is illegal, just as in real life.
    Covering items isn't the reason why people are getting scammed in that kind of scam in example, scammers distract players' attention in many ways in the example: he asks can you add some food? While the player adds food, scammer decreases amount of shells on the table without the player noticing, if there were a pop up windows on upon shell amount being decreased a play would see that and he would just leave the table without getting lost the items that they grinded hours for. And why not add a pop-up window if it can help people from getting their items lost? Its not a complicated problem that developers have to work hours on, its very simple.

Even the simpliest updates may take lots of work, you never know. I will say it again, all you have to do to avoid getting scammed, is checking the whole table before accepting trade. If another person doesnt even cover the items, then it wouldnt be hard to spend 1 more second before accepting. Also you have 15 extra seconds before items swap.

Even the simpliest updates may take lots of work, you never know. I will say it again, all you have to do to avoid getting scammed, is checking the whole table before accepting trade. If another person doesnt even cover the items, then it wouldnt be hard to spend 1 more second before accepting. Also you have 15 extra seconds before items swap.
    Ask any staff that's in the development team I bet he would say that its 10-15minutes of work, Why not add a simple feature that will prevent people from losing their shells. The system is good I have never been scammed myself to that type of scam but, I have seen many other people that did. Yes, you have another 15 seconds and you have to accept trade and other stuff... But still players are getting scammed why not improve that lets call it "anti scam system" if it can be improved with little work.