Thread: Possible changes to Gang Coin System

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    noob

Possible changes to Gang Coin System

As a active baser/baser pker id like to suggest changing the 2 gang coins per kill while holding the base to 1 gain coin per kill, and change the 1 kill while attacking the base to 2 coins per kill. Attacking bases is 100% harder than defending.

I dont feel like/have time to explain more rn bc im in school but most basers can elaborate on this

Edit: This will also make basing more challenging instead of joining the holding gang and afking for coins

that change will motivate to attack the bases even more and not be like a lazy **** afk in the bases

noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargan View Post
    that change will motivate to attack the bases even more and not be like a lazy **** afk in the bases
    Yeah since fortress isn’t gonna he added this would be a good way to make basing more competitive

Completely agree

Soldier
    I definitely agree that it's much easier to defend a base than it is to attack it. I'd even suggest a higher reward for managing to kill people with streaks inside the base.
    Feel free to pm me with any questions or concerns.

noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Shq View Post
    I definitely agree that it's much easier to defend a base than it is to attack it. I'd even suggest a higher reward for managing to kill people with streaks inside the base.
    Yeah it’s way more easier yet they’re being rewarded more even though they don’t have to put in much effort. Also being rewarded for killing people with streaks in bases would be good too since most people streak off of pkers while basing.

I don't think this would improve basing. Since attacking gives you more gang coins players would just PK lobby for gang coins and not take flag since it'll give you less while holding the flag.
    Last edited by Minho; 11-28-2019 at 08:57 PM.
    Discord Me:
    jaala#0029

Resharing my old thoughts on the new thread. Idk how much changed over the GC period. Has the basing meta changed with the introduction of GCs?

Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    After the first day or so, I feel like this base system doesn't incentivize healthy basing as much as it could. Prior to the GC system, the basing climate has gotten rather stale with alliances, shifts, and a lack of players. After the implementation of GCs, the lack of players situation has definitely fixed itself, but bases have primarily turned into 24/7 forts with the main strategy being door spamming on defense. Take a look at the coin payout on both sides:

Defense: 130 coins for 65 minutes of defense, 2 coins per kill
    Attack: 20 coins flat for first capture, 1 coin per kill
    *Note: Kill coins capped at 300 overall

Bases are inherently defender favored, thus you are paying out better rates to the easier task. Along with that, a lot of gangs have gone into taking shifts on bases making the 20 coins for capture free for those on the "schedule." All of this just encourages the current basing climate to continue as-is without really promoting proper gang interactions.

Some ideas:
    --Extend the first capture rule to 10 coins for each the first capture on every unique base. This would encourage gangs to not only attack other bases, but also rotate between them.
    --Flip the kill payouts to 2 on attack, 1 on defense. Attacking is the harder task as defenders have the ability to rotate members and heal without losing progress like attackers do. Also, defenders already get a passive bonus for defending the base.
    --Split the kill payout limit for attacking and defending. For example, 200 coin limit on kills as attacker, 100 coin limit on kills as defender. This would discourage turtling up and walling the door of a base as they would actually have to rotate for more coins.

The ideas above generally promote attacking multiple bases. If you want to be in the running for gang hour rewards the whole gang would have to be skilled at basing in multiple areas. Otherwise, you would be a working mercenary just basing for coins.
    From this thread: https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post504043
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    Resharing my old thoughts on the new thread. Idk how much changed over the GC period. Has the basing meta changed with the introduction of GCs?

From this thread: https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post504043
    This was a actual thought of mine while basing lmao