Thread: boosting your creativity

Lightbulb boosting your creativity

Era is well known for its custom skins. Every player can make its own skin and that's amazing.

To tell my own story, Graal Era was the reason that I started doing pixelart. Making gang pictures made me start photoshop. Graal era was my seed for creativity. Without Era, I guess I wouldn't even have started virtual drawing in the first place. Robg and Kuroneko were my idols. A lot of people saw them as the best.

The numbers of people that are into GFX in Era these days are severly dropping. Robg doesn't log in anymore and rest in peace Kuroneko...

I think, one of the only things I've learnt being on Era is to be creative. To design, to try. to be the best.

Look back in the day when Robg was a semi-admin!! He got his own shop because he was good at it. Also Kuroneko got a big recognition stamp on her head.
    Now, there is no player-GFXer that isn't cheered on as much as people did.

I think, to help people to grow creatively, Era could play a big big big role in their lifes by promoting creativity. Promoting creativity as in:

*making upload rules clear, templates better and easier to use.

*get rid of stupid upload rules that curb the creativity. (large weapons/melees, cars and players itself also covers other players, so don't rip on shields that they 'cover')
    (all head animations are okay, unless they cause a flashy effect, people wanting to make an small animation on their hair is not allowed even tho it hurts no one?)

*lower the price of uploading a shield

*get a better understanding of who is a gfxer (make people able to add a 'player gfx' tag next to their name)

*make a competition house (where all the competitions are getting shown!) (it could be in the game, but i have never seen it)

*show off gfx artists in public: feel blessed that these creators put their soul into your game, and give them a place where they can shine. Making artists feel proud is the best boost you
    could give them

greetz, MLG
    MicheLanGelo
    DREAM IT BIG, MAKE IT BIG

sunflower/chillipepper/spring trashpicks/spring hats/leaf car/... i hope that i can expand this list.
    http://www.mlg-gfx.weebly.com

- Uploads have clear rules, and you even get feedback when something is not accepted. I am not sure what you mean with templates also.
    - This will disturb a lot of gameplay, hence why it isnt possible. Most rules are there to help gameplay, not to destroy creativity. Imagine like 20 people having extremely large items covering other people. Some people also use this to their advantage to scam people in trade tables.
    - We do have a competition house :0 (We literally just ended a hat competition).
    - I can see why you would want this, but personally, people who wanna be recognized on gfx don't need a tag (I didn't need a tag when I was a player yet people would still come to me for customs all the time). It can also confuse people and make them think they are admins, and could lead to stolen accounts. Also it isn't like you can't change your name and add yourself a tag, I have seen this done numerous times with Graphics gangs.
    - Once again, we do show them. We have Graphics Headquarters which has actually been there since 2014 I believe, we have contests there throughout the year, we also have Christmas contests. We always put the player statues of the people that work there and I am pretty sure that they get recognized for their work by other people (specially in Christmas, since they get to release melees). We are still working on getting Arte out (we are on the busiest months) but that one was also used to showcase player's skills.

Also I am not sure why exactly you say that nobody idolizes anybody in the Graphic's team anymore. I cannot tell you how many people have Olirus as their role model, he is an amazing artist who has done a lot of work for Graal and I personally look up to have a skill like his. Or current GFX Admin Vera, who had made a lot of extremely rare items that people love mainly because of their graphic style. I am also thankful for the people who send me messages telling me that they like my work or someone else in the team's work. For players there is BBB, Internet Explorer, and most of the people working on Plasma (who btw players are given the opportunity to work on that). I personally don't think that it is iEra's fault that the amount of people making graphic's is slow, but simply because pixel art can take a lot of time to create and learn. I have put a lot of time into teaching people who have started from the bottom, they sometimes learn but eventually just leave it aside. It is also not that low, this past HQ contest gave the most entrees I have ever seen since I started hosting those with Vera.

Also I personally don't think that the shield price has anything to do with creativity, it never stopped me when I was a player, and I don't think it will stop other people if they really wish to be creative.

This is what i mean! The new upload rules just make you feel extremely restricted

I also agree that the upload rules feel extremely restricted compared to past rules. I still don't see why we even have some of the rules up. There has been debate that "It doesn't fit era's theme" or something but like, does that even matter at this point in a game with like doll costumes being sold at shops or like futuristic stuff.
    They really need to bring back the old upload rules, that way players can show off their creativity more. One thing that makes era fun is the customization, so having it all so restricted just takes away the fun and creativity from players.

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    The numbers of people that are into GFX in Era these days are severely dropping.
    That's because iera isn't letting anyone even express their creativity. Uploads, arte shops, gfx applications are very restrictive which makes graphic artists in iera very low. In addition to having few and inactive graphics team members to consult and get tips from.
    {هُنَالِكَ الْوَلَايَةُ لِلَّهِ الْحَقِّ ۚ هُوَ خَيْرٌ ثَوَابًا وَخَيْرٌ عُقْبًا}

{إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا}