Thread: Auctions Bidding Issue

Auctions Bidding Issue

Hi I realised a major issue with the auctions bidding system.

Whenever a player makes a bid, there would be a pop up message that tells players that they have made a successful bid.

For low ping players in canada where they are closer to the server, the issue doesnt apply to them (as confirmed through multiple videos).

However, for higher ping players due to their geographical locations, this msg tend to pop up late and when it does, it blocks the bidding menu, making it impossible to bid during the period, which causes them to have to pause in between bids and slowing them down.

I would like to suggest that the successful bid message pop up to be pinned behind the bidding menu permanently so that it doesnt give players in australia and asia, where ping is usually higher, a huge disadvantage in auctions, because perfect ping players can bid up to twice as fast compared to the disadvantaged players. I hope the issue gets addressed as it is being posted and brought up everywhere, let the player base compete on equal grounds

1 less click for any auction macros, nice
    Hey I have autism so please be patient and polite

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWater View Post
    Hi I realised a major issue with the auctions bidding system.

Whenever a player makes a bid, there would be a pop up message that tells players that they have made a successful bid.

For low ping players in canada where they are closer to the server, the issue doesnt apply to them (as confirmed through multiple videos).

However, for higher ping players due to their geographical locations, this msg tend to pop up late and when it does, it blocks the bidding menu, making it impossible to bid during the period, which causes them to have to pause in between bids and slowing them down.

I would like to suggest that the successful bid message pop up to be pinned behind the bidding menu permanently so that it doesnt give players in australia and asia, where ping is usually higher, a huge disadvantage in auctions, because perfect ping players can bid up to twice as fast compared to the disadvantaged players. I hope the issue gets addressed as it is being posted and brought up everywhere, let the player base compete on equal grounds
    You make it seem as if the closest region to the main company has a better gameplay experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DTL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DTL View Post
    Actually my point would be that perfect ping players dun rly have to wait 1-2 sec before placing another bid, whereas higher ping players got to wait till msg to pop up to place another bid. Since the problem cant be fixed with better ping for the whole player base, at least make the bidding process the equal so that we dont see the unfair disadvantage.

Perfect ping players dont even have to make that click because they dun get affected by the pop up delay

Quote Originally Posted by Star* View Post
    You make it seem as if the closest region to the main company has a better gameplay experience.
    Yeap its true. My suggestion doesnt permanently fix the lag issue, but it creates an opportunity to overcome disadvantage. If theres a fix to lower ping permanently for players further away from server, please let me know cuz i would love to know

Better yet, make it so that you can only bid every 5 or so seconds. Keeps it fair for everyone whilst not making stuff easier for macros

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    Better yet, make it so that you can only bid every 5 or so seconds. Keeps it fair for everyone whilst not making stuff easier for macros

Yea thats another way round the lag issue, seems fair enough too to keep macro auction players in check. Hopefully something could be done by admins before the next auction. Cheers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWater View Post
    Yea thats another way round the lag issue, seems fair enough too to keep macro auction players in check. Hopefully something could be done by admins before the next auction. Cheers
    Honestly it could've been done but they don't want to. So cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post

delay: 5000ms lol
    Hey I have autism so please be patient and polite