Thread: Skyrim Dawnguard Issue

Skyrim Dawnguard Issue

Hello, Forums!

I'm currently playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on the Xbox One S and have reached the very early point in the Dawnguard DLC where I have to take Serena to Castle Volkihar to meet her parents, and... nothing's happening.

I've reached the castle gates and the watchman is simply telling me to leave. Also, Serena was supposed to tell me to be quiet while she speaks to the guard, but I never received that bit of dialogue.

Help?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Yes sure
    Throw your Xbox away and get a PS4 or pc

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Yes sure
    I've searched, but it appears that the bug is also on the PlayStation and PC.

It appears that Bethesda simply ignored this issue and its existence entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Yes sure
    facts
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Development Team
    Skyrim is a very buggy game.

Psst her name is, Serana.

I've been playing A LOT of skyrim lately, but haven't really done many dawnguard quests as of yet. You'll find on steam forums or elder scroll forums that a lot of other people are having similar issues. Heck I can't even finish a siege on Whiterun 'cause my dude Ralof is bugged, but on forums I found that I have to complete the main quest for him to be unbugged - since he's required in a main quest mission. Sad face. You may have that issue too, who knows. I'd do some research up on it and see if you can find solution.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Skyrim is a very buggy game.

Psst her name is, Serana.

I've been playing A LOT of skyrim lately, but haven't really done many dawnguard quests as of yet. You'll find on steam forums or elder scroll forums that a lot of other people are having similar issues. Heck I can't even finish a siege on Whiterun 'cause my dude Ralof is bugged, but on forums I found that I have to complete the main quest for him to be unbugged - since he's required in a main quest mission. Sad face. You may have that issue too, who knows. I'd do some research up on it and see if you can find solution.
    I decided to restart the game from the beginning. But I was able to finish it completely, nonetheless.

Also, I highly recommend you do the Dawnguard quests. You get the Soul Tear Shout which does wonders in a fight once fully unlocked.