Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Game Death Rant

  1. #1
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    BruhLand
    Posts
    16

    Game Death Rant

    Italy was a huge update, obviously developers put amazing effort into it, but almost no one ever goes there. What happened to the country side project? I was hearing about that for ages and when I come back to the game and forum, no one speaks of it. Era is dying a horrible slow death, developers are great but I think its more of game management issues, there is no advertising for the game and they just expect people to join. It works but not as effective and Era is losing players more than its gaining, at one point 3 or 4k players would be online in IEra. Also I'm really confused about PC Era, was that a whole different game? Because I see clips of trading guns and that's what "Era's Black Book" (If you know, you know) was based on. Did they scrap that game for IEra? I want to hear thoughts on what I said from anyone and hopefully developers can shed light on the game management and staff culture. Are developers being paid?

    Era is a great game in my opinion and there is plenty to do, that's why players who join stick to it for a while. However existing players tend to grow out of the game, what could be done to keep existing players active? I think management doesn't really care about the game and just owns it and gets an inconsistent stagnant influx of money. Anyone wanna prove me wrong or give their thoughts?


    And while on the topic of pc era (sorry for so many topics), can someone explain player worlds and if that's a thing anymore?

  2. #2
    (Irrelevant) iMagicBae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    New York, Bronx
    Posts
    1,689
    Hey! glad to hear you're becoming more active again. Long story short: Bitzsam was the person in charge of the Country Side project; he no longer (or at least very rarely) does work as a staff. So that whole project is pretty much scrapped unless some other high staff picks it up, which i doubt because Junz is busy at Plasma Corp, iMask is busy at Lasertag and Jeff is literally the senior developer of 2 GraalOnline games (iEra and Ol' West).

    To go to your second point, Graal is always passively being advertised through word of mouth, Youtube videos, Instagram competitions and competitions in general like the house competition and the Shirt giveaway thing they had not long ago. It would be devastating to massively advertise any of the graal games given they can only hold so many people at once. The era server starts tearing a part around the 3k players mark so imagine what putting an ad on youtube would do. You'd have at the very least a few thousand people coming in and they would probably have to shut down the server until they find a way to fit everyone in, imagine you're new to the game from one of the ads and come to see that you cant even play the game.

    To go to your third point, Era PC was the original version Of the graal era game. In 2010 (if i am not mistaken) a new version was launched (The one you play on your phone nowadays commonly known as iEra) which would allow for people to play on mobile but couldn't possibly be connected with the old one because of the way it was scripted i guess. Era pc has been around since about the year 2000 I hear.
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-


  3. #3
    -I think that the game is dying because everything is too expansive.
    -It’s also dying because all of the new updates like plasma and laser tag take too much time to grind and mostly everyone dislikes that.
    -Mostly all of the OGs from 2013 don’t anymore because they’re busy in real life.
    -The game is also dying because people keep pking the new players by tachi hospital. The new players are always gettin spawn killed with green gas and they don’t even have gas masks. The new players just uninstall.

  4. #4
    Veteran Fargan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Canadá
    Posts
    151
    This problem has no solution, it is better to continue playing once in a while, missing the old days.

  5. #5
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    BruhLand
    Posts
    16
    I disagree with you, the addition of LT and Plasma have given existing players something to do. I don't think new players getting pked by tachi is enough to make them quit. Items are very expensive and do require lots of grinding for those not willing to spend money but they definitely can't drop prices significantly, this makes everything unbalanced and players who bought the weapon before the price drop won't be too happy. Jobs are very tedious and often mundane so new unique jobs could make things more fun. Things have always been expensive and while they may chase off some players, it isn't a reason it's dying. The game is in a weird limbo right now where it's both alive and slowly dying.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Quote Originally Posted by Lacolas420 View Post
    -I think that the game is dying because everything is too expansive.
    -It’s also dying because all of the new updates like plasma and laser tag take too much time to grind and mostly everyone dislikes that.
    -Mostly all of the OGs from 2013 don’t anymore because they’re busy in real life.
    -The game is also dying because people keep pking the new players by tachi hospital. The new players are always gettin spawn killed with green gas and they don’t even have gas masks. The new players just uninstall.
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    Hey! glad to hear you're becoming more active again. Long story short: Bitzsam was the person in charge of the Country Side project; he no longer (or at least very rarely) does work as a staff. So that whole project is pretty much scrapped unless some other high staff picks it up, which i doubt because Junz is busy at Plasma Corp, iMask is busy at Lasertag and Jeff is literally the senior developer of 2 GraalOnline games (iEra and Ol' West).

    To go to your second point, Graal is always passively being advertised through word of mouth, Youtube videos, Instagram competitions and competitions in general like the house competition and the Shirt giveaway thing they had not long ago. It would be devastating to massively advertise any of the graal games given they can only hold so many people at once. The era server starts tearing a part around the 3k players mark so imagine what putting an ad on youtube would do. You'd have at the very least a few thousand people coming in and they would probably have to shut down the server until they find a way to fit everyone in, imagine you're new to the game from one of the ads and come to see that you cant even play the game.

    To go to your third point, Era PC was the original version Of the graal era game. In 2010 (if i am not mistaken) a new version was launched (The one you play on your phone nowadays commonly known as iEra) which would allow for people to play on mobile but couldn't possibly be connected with the old one because of the way it was scripted i guess. Era pc has been around since about the year 2000 I hear.


    So no one can pick up where the country side project left off? What if advertising was done for other things like funds for paying staff and a bigger server? PC Era is most likely dead I assume, can i still download it? Also while you're here.... Will the SLH-46 ever be auctioned again?

  6. #6
    To be honest most of the players hate LT and Plasma. We want GOOD buyable guns with graalats and not the ones from auctions. Buff fishing and other jobs.

  7. #7
    Soldier XavierXav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    39
    I agree with XoticGamer about the jobs. The jobs in this game are boring, repetitive, and unrewarding. One of biggest reasons why Graal Era isn't keeping its new players. Disregarding server stability and just looking at just jobs alone, this game probably could've had more than 4K players years ago if this wasn't an issue. People having to put hours to days to weeks even to get the gun they aiming to get and there are a ton of them in the game. There's even furniture, hats, everything that can spent on with galats. All of that yet the jobs pays pocket change. I see this excused as "it's just grinding like any other grindy game". It's not. Atleast with other games, it's fun or stays fun after awhile. And rewarding. With Graal Era, you sit there making pizzas. Not like there's anything more to that like a task or something. That's literally it. Wish the jobs were abit more like Ol west or even better.

  8. #8
    It takes like 2 hours to get 5,000 graalats

  9. #9
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    BruhLand
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierXav View Post
    I agree with XoticGamer about the jobs. The jobs in this game are boring, repetitive, and unrewarding. One of biggest reasons why Graal Era isn't keeping its new players. Disregarding server stability and just looking at just jobs alone, this game probably could've had more than 4K players years ago if this wasn't an issue. People having to put hours to days to weeks even to get the gun they aiming to get and there are a ton of them in the game. There's even furniture, hats, everything that can spent on with galats. All of that yet the jobs pays pocket change. I see this excused as "it's just grinding like any other grindy game". It's not. Atleast with other games, it's fun or stays fun after awhile. And rewarding. With Graal Era, you sit there making pizzas. Not like there's anything more to that like a task or something. That's literally it. Wish the jobs were abit more like Ol west or even better.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, what kind of jobs do you think we should add. You can take existing jobs from ol west or zone and modify them in concept to fit Era's style.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lacolas420 View Post
    To be honest most of the players hate LT and Plasma. We want GOOD buyable guns with graalats and not the ones from auctions. Buff fishing and other jobs.
    Laser tag isn't too bad, plasma is much more hardcore and time consuming though. Sadly it just doesn't make sense to lower prices or buff job stats.

  10. #10
    Soldier XavierXav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by XoticGamer View Post
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, what kind of jobs do you think we should add. You can take existing jobs from ol west or zone and modify them in concept to fit Era's style.

    - - - Updated - - -
    Some time in the future, I plan on maybe making a whole post on what they could add and change up with the current jobs in the game.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •