Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WebGL update is terrible

PC player

WebGL update is terrible

Flash player for years has been amazing. The only downfall of flash player was that the quality is what I would consider around 720p resolution, and mobile clients had full 1080p clarity. But other than that, this webgl global update for graal is miserably awful. In fullscreen I cannot even shoot to the left of my screen simply because it doesn't register. I didn't have this issue with flash player. It's as if the programmer didn't even include feedback above a certain threshold of area in the screen. So clicking on the left-most part of the screen doesn't register shots. Also, half the images in the game don't load. Ever. I recorded a video of me basing and the doors wouldn't load in, so I was just running through empty doors without needing to break them down. Huge advantage, but keep in mind, the rest of the game doesn't load either. So on my screen, people are running around with invisible heads and bodies. I'm on an HP Omen Obelisk that cost me around $1200 and I have a mini satellite as a wifi adapter, its not my internet connection, and again, I never had these issues with flash player. The controls feel numb and my input feels much slower and sometimes my shots don't even register. Previously I used to get bored because I was severly overpowered, going into bases and killing everyone in the room. Now, I struggle to kill a lagger with an M4 just because the client is so miserably terrible. I can't even type correctly, and if I press enter, it types "Enter" instead of registering that as an input. Same with the tab key. I remember I quit for a while (out of boredom for killing everyone in the game) and when I came back on I said "wow graal finally updated their title screen". First time I ever tried this game I was so surprised about how awful it is. Now, to even play the game I have to play in incognito mode because the cache is so full on regular Chrome that the game loads like straight garbage. Even in incognito mode when I walk through a door it takes 2x as long as mobile players just to load everything in, and it used to be 2x faster than mobile players with flash. I don't know who was in charge of this WebGL Unity update but it's seriously awful. If any of you have any care for traditional OG PC players, fix the client. This update is insane.

Edit: If you can, allow users to play with the original flash player in the mean time, while tests and bugs are being sorted out. The reason for this is updates are taking way too long. WebGL has been like this for over a month or two, and no major changes have taken place. Allow users to use the original flash player, while the crappy Unity client is modified. And when you provide an update, the update should be at least as good or better than the previous version. But objectively I am sure everyone can agree this update is depressing.

Edit2: I welcome any other PC players opinion in this discussion, for further input and other options we may have for Era. I will be recording a video of my gameplay on WebGL PC to demonstrate the flaws I have found hopefully today or tomorrow.

Edit3: Here's the link to the video where I talk more in depth about this issue.

https://youtu.be/0_6US1Ljqd8
    Last edited by Native; 01-25-2020 at 09:38 PM. Reason: added an additional option

I been having issues with WebGL too. Every once in awhile in my game session (like every 30 mins to an hour), I experience a big lag spike that would freeze my game for 3-4 secs. Having people in the game thinking I'm having connection lag when I actually can't do anything. There would be even be times that I can't even click where I wanna shoot. Like my character can't change direction. Only by keyboard. Resulting me to relog. There's also a "Out of memory" error I been getting too that would just crash my game.

Newcomer
    agreed

Who plays on PC???

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    The release hasn't been great, however it's definitely improved though it's still no comparison to what we had for flash.

http://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41657

^ If you want to check it out, it's a discussion thread about WebGL and the bug fixes that were implemented. You can also list out the bugs you're having so the devs can hopefully try and fix it.

I saw. I conquered. I came.

PC player
    I can't reply there. My username is Vivid. They took my 7 year old account and suddenly removed permissions not allowing my to post. My account isn't deleted, and it's not banned, just they removed my access to post for no apparent reason. I used to post frequently on that account years ago and then when I finally need to talk on there, they removed the option for me to do so. I think Talon, the original moderator I remember, is no longer in charge/active and so some new moderators I don't even know of took over.
    Also offtopic but I remember sparring you named Grief* when I was 12 years old in underground spar, I remember you used the steam punk pistol with a gray head, I remember everything.

I totally agree with you, when I talk with friends, I find it difficult to write and the game does not load me completely, when I want to load the game I need 7 minutes to load, and if they look at the task manager while loading the game they will see that it consumes a lot of ram memory, more than what I used in flash.

We'll see what happens later

PC player
    I've started to give up on asking developers/admins for any new information on the topic, it's been months now with this WebGL trash and no attempt has even been made, or any news for that matter, on fixing the extremely obvious flaws with the client.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Also offtopic but I remember sparring you named Grief* when I was 12 years old in underground spar, I remember you used the steam punk pistol with a gray head, I remember everything.
    ayy that name rings a bell

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    I've started to give up on asking developers/admins for any new information on the topic, it's been months now with this WebGL trash and no attempt has even been made, or any news for that matter, on fixing the extremely obvious flaws with the client.
    However, unfortunately staff don't know any more than players do about WebGL. The issues are completely out of our scope, and has to do with the Toonslab developers and not with any specific Graal server staff. We don't even know who those specific WebGL developers are :V

I saw. I conquered. I came.

PC player
    That's literally awful, so nobody has any contact with the people creating this poo-poo update and nobody can even contact them. I'm saying it right now I give up.