This is one funny thread. OP's topic got washed across the Atlantic lmao. I agree with OP but in my opinion, there are two major factors why: crappy job system and exclusivity issues.

The job system in the game is quite hellish. It's a pay-to-win game, and jobs are mere excuses to fend off issues on the overpriced decent items in the game. Earn by doing jobs, if you feel like it's slow then spend real money lmao. Newbies will get turned off with these type of games. I would say that the chances of new players staying is only around only 3/20 , maybe 2/5 if lucky.

Games like Graal require one to be part of a community in order for experienced players to extend his or her "life" in the game. Otherwise, people will quit once they either reach their goal, or realize that the opportunity costs of pursuing such is high. For the newbies, iEra is one heck of an anti-noob game. The game is toxic because of the community, especially in sparring. There are only a few of the players that are respectful and helpful, and we need those in order to further make new players stay and expand the game. As someone who played in 2012 and started playing again just this year, I wouldn't call it as fully "matured but my perspective in life changed a lot HAHA! And this I would say, the game reeks of an "elitist environment". Players impose their authority and are ignorant of the "nobodies" of the game. Learn to be more friendly and appreciative! The mindsets you develop in the game could carry over to your real life, be careful!

Just my two-cents, my apologies in advance if the tone is rather toxic which I did not intend my message to be. Peace!