Thread: Missions in Graal Era

Related to Players

Missions in Graal Era

As I make my grand return to Era-Go, I wanna bring up something that I've been thinking about for a few days now.

It's no surprise that the jobs you do in Era are boring, repetitive and unrewarding. No matter which one pays the best, there's no real reason or reward to constantly grinding Ubers or making pizzas 24/7. With Era being a community based MMO, there's a lot of aspects that are locked behind massive grind walls (basing, sparring, etc.) and even then, those activities have little to no reward other than, once again, grinding.

It's ashamed too because of the way Era's economy and very apparent community split is setup. You have the players that attempt to make gralats and event coins but are halted because they have no idea what they're doing and then the veteran and/or tryhards who have done pretty much everything the game has to offer and have nothing to really play for other than the numbers on your player-card. A combination of these two types of players results in mass quitting and complaining, and I propose a solution that would cover as many areas of this problem as possible.

Why don't we introduce missions into Graal Era? No, I'm not talking about quests where you get a morph or something that allows you to get a 7-damage melee; I mean full fledged missions that have payouts in either gralats, EC or both.

They would be playable with friends, but in order to increase playability they would have to be somewhat long. They would have to prioritize teamwork (so people don't just join and sit for the cash) and strategy. The payouts could be larger than any job in the game and would give old players a new activity to do with friends whilst also giving new players a chance to explore the more complicated mechanics of the game.

It would also open up new job opportunities for the iEra staff, as the missions would have stories that would need to be written by people. That's neither here or there, but something worth mentioning.

Finally, if you would really want to go this far; they could be open world or at least on the iEra map, giving players the chance to explore the map and the world and get familiar where locations are (in regards to new players)

The best part is? Since the missions won't necessarily be short missions you would grind, they don't have to be released often, giving the staff more time to focus on other problems while also giving them a justification for it. Time creates art, y'know.

All in all, let me know what you think of my idea. It's a bit of a stretch and a bit lengthy, but I think with the right execution it could be a really welcomed addition to the game and promote more players to play more often with their friends.

Also, if you have any other ideas or features that could go hand-in-hand with this, leave them in the thread. No idea is a bad idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

This idea was put on the table by many who want something new but do not implement it for absurd reasons (you can look for the answers in a few threads)

Even if by a miracle they implemented it, do not expect a good reward for the missions, it is so.

It's like asking the devil a wish I could fulfill it but it comes with some trap

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargan View Post
    This idea was put on the table by many who want something new but do not implement it for absurd reasons (you can look for the answers in a few threads)

Even if by a miracle they implemented it, do not expect a good reward for the missions, it is so.

It's like asking the devil a wish I could fulfill it but it comes with some trap
    the reward would play a big factor into why this could be implemented, but definitely not the biggest reason at all. it gives players more activities to do and builds a sense of "playing a game with your friends" rather than the status quo of "grind player sparring with your one friend."

Back then around in the golden ages of era (2012-15) staffs wouldn't be needed to remind of these. There were way more interactive events and activities organized by PRs themselves.

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjum9694 View Post
    Back then around in the golden ages of era (2012-15) staffs wouldn't be needed to remind of these. There were way more interactive events and activities organized by PRs themselves.
    well this would be different. what makes games fun is that there isn't always an admin hovering over you and in a system like this; your fun is based on communication and teamwork (playing with friends, basically.)

it'd also incentivize new players to play more and old players to play longer.