Thread: Copyright Rules :(

Copyright Rules :(

Hello Era Community,

I hope everyone is doing well <3, For the past few days I felt terrible for my friend she is a GFX-er and she likes editing and has inspired me in so many ways with creations, she decided to make hats for era she checked the rules and everything before she started, Fast forward she made up to 40-50 hats if I'm not wrong and I have seen them for myself they are so amazing and so detailed I was appalled, she submitted her hats waiting for the approval, weeks later she got the approval from a staff and they started making the shop and reviewing all her hats, I cant imagine the happiness of my friend since she dedicated her work and time to make those hats, they weren't just cheap small hats each one as so Amazing and unique in its own way. Days before the shop is supposed to be released my friend got a PM from the same staff that approved the hats saying its all copyright she saw "similar" hats the my friend has on the internet and, that she was closing the shop and removing the hats. My friend was so upset and i really feel bad and tried to help her any way that's why i am seeking help from the staffs who are checking the forums, My friend said she checked each hat to see if there is a possibility if its there on the internet neither of them were there and the majority of the hats don't even exist irl its from her imagination. The staff could've disapproved the hats as soon as the hats were sent not keeping my friend's hopes up, and let me tell you if her hats are copyrights then 90% of the hats in era are copyrights, there were no brand names in her hats or same style in famous hats irl. I'm not bashing the admin at all just seeking help for my friend, if any staff is seeking to help my friend please contact me Sadan (Sadan) I'll lead you to her.

Thank you for your time!

Development Team
    I don't disagree with you here, as you mentioned a LOT of stuff in game is copyright, but that doesn't seem to stop people from adding them to the game. At this point, I just don't see why they don't just go with the flow and upload copyright stuff if they're just gonna keep bending the rules like that. It's a tiny game, I doubt high-end gaming company's are gonna make a huge complaint about a tiny pixelated weapon and the sorts, let alone, find out.

Aside from that, your friend may have taken inspiration from animes, games, movies and the sorts, which may have the art appeal to too many similarities. I couldn't tell you, since I haven't seen her art for myself, but I figure that's what that could probably be.

Anyway, good luck.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

I am happy you understand what I'm saying, I do think she did see movies and games and animes that inspired her, but i don't think she took the whole idea she just mixed it with her's because her hats are so unique that you and me wont even know what they are supposed to be XD, but Thank you!

Hello there.

I think I know who you’re talking about.

I am not sure what your friend told you, but her hats didn’t fall under copy right- they were straight stolen from content from maple story+ other images online. I still have all the files and with comparison you will see that they are copied almost pixel by pixel. Some were only with minimal edits or to fit the graal size.

We only worked on the shop because I didn’t know until I happened to come across the original ones.

If it was one hat, I would of let it slide, but there were multiple ones where I found the original. Once again, they weren’t inspired, they were copied pixel by pixel. Although some were originally made by her, I wanted to be fair with other people whom I had disapproved before and decided not to release her shop.

Believe me, if I knew from the beginning, I wouldn’t of approved it on the first place. So no, I wasn’t trying to “hold her hopes up.”

I would rather not post the originals compared to the ones she turned in. But if you want to see it I could show you.

But once again, it wasn’t declined because of copyright, it was for stolen content.
    Last edited by Rima Wasabi; 02-10-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Development Team
    Now that's an entirely different problem that I can stand beside. Stealing is not cool.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Oh I'm so sorry i think i misunderstood the whole situation if you could send me the site that you found those hats in tht would be great.

and again i'm sorry this isn't hate towards anyone, its just a misunderstanding.

Thank you for your information <3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadan View Post
    Oh I'm so sorry i think i misunderstood the whole situation if you could send me the site that you found those hats in tht would be great.

and again i'm sorry this isn't hate towards anyone, its just a misunderstanding.

Thank you for your information <3.
    I could send you images through discord, that way I don’t post them here. My discord is Rima Wasabi#3290
    Last edited by Rima Wasabi; 02-12-2020 at 08:18 AM.

This issue was dealt with privately and the OP asked me to close the thread