Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Restrictions on Volunteer Positions ???

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    I have been playing this game since 2015, and gaining a total of 6 warnings within a year alone sounds quite excessive to me.
    Anything past 3 to be completely honest lol , you shouldn't have to be warned upwards to 30 times EVER with anything in life. But we are getting off-topic on what this thread is actually about. Could take sometime to get an actual answer while Rima did make a good point its still not hitting on what's the exact reasoning behind needing 1k hours to volunteer to help out when it correlates in no real way to the actual position/work you could say you would be doing. To limit spam applications I get that completely but that's easily bypassed by using a spreadsheet of the applications data if its via google forums.

Disclaimer this isn't a plea to be able to apply or anything of the matter. Just genuinely curious
    I come from a background of Community Management/GM environments similar to the one here so it just was a surprise to see a set playtime restriction on applicants out of all things.
    p c h

Quote Originally Posted by pch View Post
    Anything past 3 to be completely honest lol , you shouldn't have to be warned upwards to 30 times EVER with anything in life. But we are getting off-topic on what this thread is actually about. Could take sometime to get an actual answer while Rima did make a good point its still not hitting on what's the exact reasoning behind needing 1k hours to volunteer to help out when it correlates in no real way to the actual position/work you could say you would be doing. To limit spam applications I get that completely but that's easily bypassed by using a spreadsheet of the applications data if its via google forums.

Disclaimer this isn't a plea to be able to apply or anything of the matter. Just genuinely curious
    I come from a background of Community Management/GM environments similar to the one here so it just was a surprise to see a set playtime restriction on applicants out of all things.
    As Rima said, it's mainly a personal preference by staff at the moment. As back in the 2010s, I remember seeing a player or two becoming a staff member, despite not having played the game for the requested amount of time.

However, I do feel that the current time requirement came about due to a spike of new players —including myself— trying to gain powerful positions within Era whilst knowing very, very little about the game's contents, weapons, shops, and alike. It is possible that the sheer volume of applications bothered the staff team to the point of adding stricter requirements.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

I have been playing this game since 2015, and gaining a total of 6 warnings within a year alone sounds quite excessive to me.
    prolly cuz ur boring

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    prolly cuz ur boring
    You are exceptionally kind.

As Rima said, it's mainly a personal preference by staff at the moment. As back in the 2010s, I remember seeing a player or two becoming a staff member, despite not having played the game for the requested amount of time.

However, I do feel that the current time requirement came about due to a spike of new players —including myself— trying to gain powerful positions within Era whilst knowing very, very little about the game's contents, weapons, shops, and alike. It is possible that the sheer volume of applications bothered the staff team to the point of adding stricter requirements.
    Pretty well stated. I can see a spike of new players /applicants being quite nerve racking. Though there are senior staff 4-5 maybe even more ive noticed who should be more than knowledgeable enough to train the selected few of the bunch who get through on the contents of the game etc you truly learn everything through trial and error regardless.

But no I completely get it. It'd just suck to miss out on good potentials due to a restriction for the lack of nerve that be the case. Not sure how high the traffic on this game gets as far as new players weekly etc.

But Great Answer
    p c h

Quote Originally Posted by pch View Post
    Pretty well stated. I can see a spike of new players /applicants being quite nerve racking. Though there are senior staff 4-5 maybe even more ive noticed who should be more than knowledgeable enough to train the selected few of the bunch who get through on the contents of the game etc you truly learn everything through trial and error regardless.

But no I completely get it. It'd just suck to miss out on good potentials due to a restriction for the lack of nerve that be the case. Not sure how high the traffic on this game gets as far as new players weekly etc.

But Great Answer
    Pleased to be of assistance.

You are exceptionally kind.
    shut up

Imo 1000 is actually enough for player to become a staff, and 6 warns is more than enough 3 is the max for me, i have been playing since 2013 and haven't received a single warn, if you get above 6 warnings what makes you think that you can be a staff if you cant stop your wrongdoings, yes we all make mistakes but 1 or 2 or 3 is fine but when you constantly keep making them your just being ignorant. I agree with all of the requirements to becoming a staff and there is no need to make it less easier to get in then it already is, because if they make it easier for people to get in people who aren't mature would break the rules and cause trouble, and no one wants that.

hope everyone is having a nice day
    Last edited by Distorted; 11-29-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Having a hard time understanding a few lines in your post @Sadan, could be a potential language barrier but it had nothing to do with making anything "easier" as you stated . It was more so just a lingering question on what holding an 1000hr requirement over a applicants due to a presumption that during that span of time a certain/comfortable amount of information should be known when that could highly not be the case. Regardless 1000hrs is alot of time spent on any game I could careless about a discussion on that part lol, being an active busy human that's ALOT of time but im not knocking it nor do I not get it (Ive racked up my fair share of time on games myself).

I do feel my question was spoke about and answered enough for me to get a proper grasp of why the requirement is there though so thank you to all who responded
    p c h