Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Restrictions on Volunteer Positions ???

AK-47 Restrictions on Volunteer Positions ???

Hey just a quick question. What is the significance on having 1000 hrs of playtime to apply for a Volunteer staff position? Of course being well knowledgeable in the game is a must but it just seems like a very excessive amount of time played to have in my opinion for something voluntary not that I dont get the knack of wanting very experienced and knowledgeable individuals is a key thing with these positions, it's just what is (1k hrs played) truly pinpointing/helping?

Moderation/Support is typically a job best fit for candidates who are well ridden with the skill set and patience to handle a wide stretch of things from silly reports, trolls,actual big issues etc to maintaining a safe/fun environment reducing community disorder while respectfully being able to assist and help players grasp why certain things may be prohibited due to TOS or policies set/help grow to understand the game and or have a good time. Its like an extended friendship where's Support Staff are the go to in the field guys/gals folks can go to for reassurance. Whereas playing the game for a total of 1000 hrs doesn't really seem to hit strike a match of reasoning for me. Though there may be a great reason behind that in which im oblivious to.
    p c h

1000 hours is nothing though

1000 hours really isn't enough plus it would be hard to gauge someones maturity and responsibility since players could easily go 1k hours without getting warned in game

I dont know 1000 hours in any game is quite alot of time spent playing. I do get the difficulty in gauging ones maturity though in comparison to warnings and or jails in-game but I mean id assume a thorough screening is done beforehand and you typically can pick up a good amount about a person just from conversation in general like Hirings IRL having that 1 on 1 conversation with the hiring manager ya know. Though yes mainly kids/teens who play so ehh
    p c h

I am sorry I don’t know if I understand enough.

1000 is just an average amount of hours that I feel like the most people who are knowledgeable enough to be a Player Relations admin. Keep in mind that this type of department is there to help other people on the questions they may have on the game. Sure, it may be that someone who has 500 hours may be more helpful, but someone who has 1000 is expected to have more knowledge on the game.

The hours are just a small requirement though. While I am not in that department I know that maturity and the ability to help may be more important- you shouldn't focus on the hours, because just like you mention, maturity and the ability to deal players and their reports.

Also just because it is considered volunteer work doesn’t mean that we should just hire anybody.

I 100% agree with your statement "Also just because it is considered volunteer work doesn’t mean that we should just hire anybody." But just blinding expecting someone with 1000 hrs to have a certain amount of knowledge backing them is pretty much one and the same as hiring just anybody because you're going off of a perceived perspective that (so and so) will know or should know x amount of information when that could easily not be the case.

You have Senior staff and Current staff in position to Train a newcomers for a reason. That's where knowledge building is done and developed as well as through trial and error. Hypothetically I could sit AFK at Start all day and gain 1k hours then apply but not know anything ya get me.

And yes im sure thats like a very minimum requirement in comparison to whats actually looked for etc when screening guys for a position. Im more so just trying to understand what exactly is the significance on 1000 hours. Not sure if its always been like that im fairly new around here just thought id ask
    p c h

imagine not having 6 warnings though

i think the limit should be like 30 or something

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    imagine not having 6 warnings though

i think the limit should be like 30 or something
    6? is the minimum?? that's extremely generous already. You shouldn't need to be warned over 3 times for anything in my opinion. Id say minor profanity but there is a filter for that so 30 is beyond pushing it lol you must be kidding.
    p c h

Quote Originally Posted by pch View Post
    6? is the minimum?? that's extremely generous already. You shouldn't need to be warned over 3 times for anything in my opinion. Id say minor profanity but there is a filter for that so 30 is beyond pushing it lol you must be kidding.
    when you've been playing for longer than a year buddy six warnings are nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    when you've been playing for longer than a year buddy six warnings are nothing
    I have been playing this game since 2015, and gaining a total of 6 warnings within a year alone sounds quite excessive to me.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".