Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Restrictions on Volunteer Positions ???

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    I have been playing this game since 2015, and gaining a total of 6 warnings within a year alone sounds quite excessive to me.
    Anything past 3 to be completely honest lol , you shouldn't have to be warned upwards to 30 times EVER with anything in life. But we are getting off-topic on what this thread is actually about. Could take sometime to get an actual answer while Rima did make a good point its still not hitting on what's the exact reasoning behind needing 1k hours to volunteer to help out when it correlates in no real way to the actual position/work you could say you would be doing. To limit spam applications I get that completely but that's easily bypassed by using a spreadsheet of the applications data if its via google forums.

    Disclaimer this isn't a plea to be able to apply or anything of the matter. Just genuinely curious
    I come from a background of Community Management/GM environments similar to the one here so it just was a surprise to see a set playtime restriction on applicants out of all things.
    p c h

  2. #12
    Player Abdullah1441's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,895
    Quote Originally Posted by pch View Post
    Anything past 3 to be completely honest lol , you shouldn't have to be warned upwards to 30 times EVER with anything in life. But we are getting off-topic on what this thread is actually about. Could take sometime to get an actual answer while Rima did make a good point its still not hitting on what's the exact reasoning behind needing 1k hours to volunteer to help out when it correlates in no real way to the actual position/work you could say you would be doing. To limit spam applications I get that completely but that's easily bypassed by using a spreadsheet of the applications data if its via google forums.

    Disclaimer this isn't a plea to be able to apply or anything of the matter. Just genuinely curious
    I come from a background of Community Management/GM environments similar to the one here so it just was a surprise to see a set playtime restriction on applicants out of all things.
    As Rima said, it's mainly a personal preference by staff at the moment. As back in the 2010s, I remember seeing a player or two becoming a staff member, despite not having played the game for the requested amount of time.

    However, I do feel that the current time requirement came about due to a spike of new players —including myself— trying to gain powerful positions within Era whilst knowing very, very little about the game's contents, weapons, shops, and alike. It is possible that the sheer volume of applications bothered the staff team to the point of adding stricter requirements.
    Formerly know as "AliGamer911".

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    I have been playing this game since 2015, and gaining a total of 6 warnings within a year alone sounds quite excessive to me.
    prolly cuz ur boring

  4. #14
    Player Abdullah1441's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    prolly cuz ur boring
    You are exceptionally kind.
    Formerly know as "AliGamer911".

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    As Rima said, it's mainly a personal preference by staff at the moment. As back in the 2010s, I remember seeing a player or two becoming a staff member, despite not having played the game for the requested amount of time.

    However, I do feel that the current time requirement came about due to a spike of new players —including myself— trying to gain powerful positions within Era whilst knowing very, very little about the game's contents, weapons, shops, and alike. It is possible that the sheer volume of applications bothered the staff team to the point of adding stricter requirements.
    Pretty well stated. I can see a spike of new players /applicants being quite nerve racking. Though there are senior staff 4-5 maybe even more ive noticed who should be more than knowledgeable enough to train the selected few of the bunch who get through on the contents of the game etc you truly learn everything through trial and error regardless.

    But no I completely get it. It'd just suck to miss out on good potentials due to a restriction for the lack of nerve that be the case. Not sure how high the traffic on this game gets as far as new players weekly etc.

    But Great Answer
    p c h

  6. #16
    Player Abdullah1441's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,895
    Quote Originally Posted by pch View Post
    Pretty well stated. I can see a spike of new players /applicants being quite nerve racking. Though there are senior staff 4-5 maybe even more ive noticed who should be more than knowledgeable enough to train the selected few of the bunch who get through on the contents of the game etc you truly learn everything through trial and error regardless.

    But no I completely get it. It'd just suck to miss out on good potentials due to a restriction for the lack of nerve that be the case. Not sure how high the traffic on this game gets as far as new players weekly etc.

    But Great Answer
    Pleased to be of assistance.
    Formerly know as "AliGamer911".

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    You are exceptionally kind.
    shut up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •