Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Improving iEra Performance on Android: Overclockers Edition

Post Improving iEra Performance on Android: Overclockers Edition

Hi, This thread is for advanced players only. If you're not familiar with the words root and kernel then this is not for you.

I have an android with custom kernel and Elemental-X (allows to customize settings such as processor speed, I/O cache etc). Since this is a 2D game, I assume there will be a lot of read/writes from the RAM. Every image and sound file gets loaded on the RAM individually.

What we call screen lag happens when there's a cache buffer underrun - the cache simply doesn't get replaced with new data fast enough. iOS has an excellent software support for RAM management. Since we have access to all of these functions I would like to discuss the most optimum settings for running iEra.

Ok just get an iPhone.
    Androids maybe do suck if you want to play a non-optimized crap game like Graal, but if you play games like PUBG, they are pretty good. No lag at all. Because Tencent uses the money they get from IAPs to upgrade their servers and optimize the game, unlike graal. Portha uses the money for himself.

Android needs to be a gaming android phone to run Era properly.

Dunno how Iphone runs perfectly while passing 1000 people in an area.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCoolGamer View Post

Lol. My device is a Huawei P30 Pro. Its better than most gaming phones out there. And i still experience lag spikes.

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiZer View Post
    Ok just get an iPhone.
    Androids maybe do suck if you want to play a non-optimized crap game like Graal, but if you play games like PUBG, they are pretty good. No lag at all. Because Tencent uses the money they get from IAPs to upgrade their servers and optimize the game, unlike graal. Portha uses the money for himself.
    Agreed, Portha pockets almost every dime from his GraalOnline sales and will rarely put that money towards actually fixing the game on Android devices. Then again, there might be a reason for that. Graal as a software hasn't recieved a proper package update from the App Store in over 3 years, so that says a lot about the changes that are going on inside of the game. The most optimized version for an Android ARMv8 architecture is the Graal Playerworlds app, which can no longer even be accessed because it was taken off it's beta release.

The reason why iOS runs Graal so flawlessly is yes, because it has a much better time reading and writing cached data from the game to the system's memory—but you also have to consider that all of the "i" servers (iEra, iClassic, iZone, etc.) were all developed and released on Apple devices before they were ever even remade for Android. The way they run is always going to be in favor of iOS, and unless global developers rehaul the entire application and.. to be honest. rework the entire game—then you'll always have trouble running these games on practically ANY Android device that wasn't specifically made for testing these games when they were released on the Google Play store.
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCoolGamer View Post

No, that's false. But I won't bother explaining why because of course, you blocked me. If anyone is interested in hearing why this is wrong, I'll be more than happy to explain.

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiZer View Post
    Lol. My device is a Huawei P30 Pro. Its better than most gaming phones out there. And i still experience lag spikes.
    Well, we all experience lag spikes. I play on iOS and even I will experience the occasional "disappearing players" or "game literally freezes and reloads me into a starting area during an event" from time to time. The issue here is that Android runs poorly, even in conditions where it shouldn't. More screen freezing during casual combat, a much more convincing reason to crash during places like gang raids and of course—the consistent lag you get when you just walk around Start or enter a new loading zone (yes.. loading zones.. not even just new areas or buildings.) It's nuts.

Look I'm not here to discuss what Mr. Unixmad does with his hard earned money.

So far I've tried increasing the RAM buffer to 4kilobytes, increasing the occasional lag spike from every 20 seconds to 3 minutes. That's still not enough.

I'll be trying different configurations for RAM I/O and CPU scheduling and check back here.

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjum9694 View Post
    Look I'm not here to discuss what Mr. Unixmad does with his hard earned money.

So far I've tried increasing the RAM buffer to 4kilobytes, increasing the occasional lag spike from every 20 seconds to 3 minutes. That's still not enough.

I'll be trying different configurations for RAM I/O and CPU scheduling and check back here.
    Good luck, brother. Also yeah, what Portha does with his money isn't my business but you gotta at least admit not enough of that money is going towards improving the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AZN View Post
    Good luck, brother. Also yeah, what Portha does with his money isn't my business but you gotta at least admit not enough of that money is going towards improving the game.
    Nope he makes thousands of money