Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can my account get stolen?

Can my account get stolen?

So i want to give my acc to a friend so he can test some of my guns out but i dont know if it can get stolen.I have all my tradable items on my alt but im still scared that he can change somehow my email.
    Is it possible for it to get stolen?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    We really don't recommend players let other people onto their accounts.
    There's always a chance he could change your email information so you can't access your email again and regain access to your account.
    If you let someone onto your account, and you somehow end up losing it then there's nothing we can do about it.

I saw. I conquered. I came.

Development Team
    Yes it's possible and I highly recommend against it.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Related to Players
    It's up to your discretion, though I don't think you should. If your items are safe, that's one thing, but I don't think you should be loaning your account if you're worried about the email getting messed up.
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

If somehow he manages to enter you e-mail, yes he can do it. He can change the e-mail the account is linked to and you'll lose it forever. Many people trusted me with their accs but I never trusted anyone with mine. People are people, I wouldn't do it.

I really need to work, work, work, work. And earn those real life money.

This post just scared me. Why can't the server just send an email confirmation to change the email address or something to prevent this?

Related to Players
    E-mail changes can only be done by the global admins on special occasions. So no, it's unlikely he can "change the email the account is linked to" because it rarely, if at all, will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AZN View Post
    E-mail changes can only be done by the global admins on special occasions. So no, it's unlikely he can "change the email the account is linked to" because it rarely, if at all, will happen.
    Lol, I mentioned that because it was so easy and fast to change my account's e-mail back in 2016, I don't know how things are going nowdays. I just rememeber sending both an e-mail and a ticket to toonslab and they changed it in the same day.

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmY1809 View Post
    Lol, I mentioned that because it was so easy and fast to change my account's e-mail back in 2016, I don't know how things are going nowdays. I just rememeber sending both an e-mail and a ticket to toonslab and they changed it in the same day.
    Things obviously changed then, because when you message an admin or send a ticket in, they're most likely going to decline the email request. Plus, ToonsLab support is so unreliably slow—half of the time they never even get to your requests or flat out ignore it.

still want my 10 bucks back

I read 'share account with friend'; bad idea.
    'Do or do not; there is no try'