Thread: Game modification to avoid lag and improve game quality - This helps many players

Talking Game modification to avoid lag and improve game quality - This helps many players

I suggest that in Game Options they put:

Change quality (very low, low and normal):

If you choose low or very low, the game will lose quality and will be more blurred, but it will decrease the lag and increase the speed of the game. If you choose normal, it will look like normally.

Decrease the drawing distance:
    It is used to decrease the amount of the map that was loaded, thanks to this we will not have lag

Eliminate lights:
    This will eliminate all the lights of the game, it will serve to eliminate the lag and have a darker environment

These options will allow GraalOnline Era to be enjoyed on PC with few resources and "PC gamer" players will also have great speed and comfort.

Last edited by Francis_Gonzales; 04-13-2020 at 07:19 PM.

About the draw distance, I'm pretty sure the game renders only/almost only what you can see - So you could just change your resolution or zoom settings in your browser to get the desired result.

But I like the other settings especially eliminating lights because that would have a noticeable effect on performance especially in a base. Generally having lower quality would boost performance too. They could possibly do this by lowering the texture/tileset resolution. Iera especially on PC is poorly optimised and it doesn't fully utilise the system whatsoever because its running in a browser. It would be good if Toonslab could implement settings like these (and make a client for the game). This would boost player numbers as more people would be able to run Era and it would keep existing players who are struggling to run the game as is.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    Graal isn't a game that has polygons with texturing, so decreasing the quality of the graphics would do nothing. In fact, it'd probably increase the file size of images since more blurriness = more colors to store = higher file size.

The drawing distance on devices is determined on the zoom you've set. Try playing on PC with the highest window setting compared to having it on the smallest. The smaller size will be way faster so that's already in place.

Lights on Era are just images, except not as opaque, so it renders the same as anything else and doesn't make a difference compared to loading another image.

The entities that make the biggest difference are the players, particles, bullets and their collisions, and the gang system, and none of those can really be changed, except for maybe the gang system which would require a complete overhaul.

I saw. I conquered. I came.