Thread: GC Shop Season 3

GC Shop Season 3

Hi I wanted to talk about the newest gang coin items and overall this time around I'm pretty disappointed.
    I think that this has to be the weakest shop yet due to a few reasons. Firstly the items don't have any utility and what I mean by that is they are very generic and can't do anything useful apart from damage. In the past we have had a healing staff, a grenade launcher (WIW), multiple shields and diverse gun modes (50 AE). Now apart from the C Carbon there isn't really anything like that since having a dual pistol mode is becoming common and everything else is basic as ****.

Secondly, apart from the C Carbon everything is pretty bad. I don't have the items so what I'm saying is speculation and if you disagree please say so and why - However judging on the descriptions and what I've seen in-game nothing else is particulary good therefore not worth buying. The JDF is outclassed by a lot of other shotguns due its mediocre stats but at only 13k coins fair enough. The Terminator doesn't make sense - Its a mini but instead of a clip of 50 it has a clip of 15. I like the spread on it and the reload isn't slow but because of that clip I don't understand how the gun would be anything but garbage. The Vamp.80 is the biggest disappointment to me - The smg mode of the gun reminds me of an M4 but with worse freeze and the dual pistol mode has poor damage and mediocre other stats which fail to make up for that damage. At 23k coins you expect something good but this gun is just a downgrade of pre-existing weapons.

The Melees are better. The Chain Slayer and Night Shadow Blades are pretty basic but at 6500 they're actually at a sensible price (unlike the guns). If you already have a decent melee though these items are probably useless for you. The C. Carbon looks actually good due to it being a 9 damage, fast melee however the gun mode is useful for finishing people off due to how difficult it can be to dodge the projectiles. Also I may be wrong but I think the special attack gives the enemy the confusion gas effect; If so that means that a special attack is actually useful for once and the melee isn't not overpriced either.

Overall I think the shop is underwhelming especially compared to previous seasons. I'd rather continue season 2 for another 4 months.

tl:dr - Save your GC unless you want to buy the C. Carbon

Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on the new GC shop
    Last edited by Lilith; 04-18-2020 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Meh

I'm too poor to afford these weapons, but the Chain Slayer looks scary, man.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

They're probably running out of creativity. It looked like the weapons were made in 2-3 hours.

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmY1809 View Post
    They're probably running out of creativity. It looked like the weapons were made in 2-3 hours.
    I couldn't tell you anything about the stats since I'm not much of a pker or baser these days.

But, I honestly do not agree with this statement, all the graphics look so clean and nice, personally to me, and I don't think you realize how long it takes to make an excellent looking piece of gfx, so it saddens me that you think 2-3 hours is also like "nothing" within the art world. Generally speaking someone without knowledge of pixel art, they would think "How could such a little thing take 3 hours?" As a person who knows what it's like to work within the creative community as well as receive harsh criticism of "not being good enough" I wish for you to see the hard work that the creators put in.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I couldn't tell you anything about the stats since I'm not much of a pker or baser these days.

But, I honestly do not agree with this statement, all the graphics look so clean and nice, personally to me, and I don't think you realize how long it takes to make an excellent looking piece of gfx, so it saddens me that you think 2-3 hours is also like "nothing" within the art world. Generally speaking someone without knowledge of pixel art, they would think "How could such a little thing take 3 hours?" As a person who knows what it's like to work within the creative community as well as receive harsh criticism of "not being good enough" I wish for you to see the hard work that the creators put in.
    Yes they look clean, but some of the weapons (especially the guns) look ugly in my opinion. I meant with ''2-3 hours" that they were done the fastest way possible, I mean, being ugly or not, it's what they could have done because they left it "for later" and decided to create them only when the previous gc shop with GC2s and Ghost Rifle ended. And I think they had all the time they needed to do cooler gfxs, since the seasons stay there for around 4 months.
    I mean, it's not like they add a new gang coin shop every single week, they add it every 4 months...
    Yes Idk much about gfx and I'm sure it takes long to do good looking weapons (as you yourself mentioned), but they definitely had this ''long'' enough to do it. There are many beautiful looking weapons in real life they could have done a ripoff (even like iMagic done with KL 40 that is the HK433 irl) and I think there is definitely no problem doing this, especially since we have a lot of real life weapons in iEra, like the BAR and the AK47...