Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me who've noticed? Or is eras trading system stupid.

Shotgun Is it just me who've noticed? Or is eras trading system stupid.

I've been playing on and off for 7 years now since 2013, the trade tables haven't changed every single time I trade my stuff. People scamming, lowballers ruining trades and very VERY unfair prices of items and ratios of sellables. Now I understand that this is a player ran community, prices are decided by players, ratios are rated by players and sell them accordingly to what they think is the best, but I don't even think that's whats happening this time, people just base the prices on their own terms, and since some people are dumb, they just follow it even though it is CLEAR that the price is stupid.

For example.. a 50,000 gralat item being sold for 2000 Trochus.. do you think that's fine? People selling eggs 2 trochus for 1 egg, yet people sell a 700 egg melee for 700 trochus as well because they have no choice, lowballers will keep on finding a way to destroy a persons hard work to make it favorable for them. This has been going on for years ever since the trade started not because people are literally just idiots, it applies a bit, but not all.

Personally I think it is because Era allowed people to decide what the currency of the game or trades will be even though it is SPECIFICALLY gralats. These items wouldn't be in trades if they weren't bought with gralats or plasma coins or eggs or because of whatever hard work people put in it. I think it's about time that people stop butchering the hard work of people and start playing fairly.

My solution? Remove all sellables from trades, ALL of them and replace them with tickets. Now.. hear me out, a ticket that costs 10 gralats and is redeemable would make trades better for everyone for various reasons, no more sellables means that people will abide with the currency given, gralats. Now I know what you're thinking.. " But people who worked hard to get their trochus to sell in trades will be mad, and people will just think it is a micro transaction game." Okay.. first of all, people can sell their trochus still, they can sell all their sellables and use the gralats to buy these tickets.

Prices of items will be the same although this time, people who buy stuff with gralats in new events will have fair stuff and I think the old items bought with gralats, earned through events will rise because now people will literally think about what they are buying. AND not to forget if the tickets are redeemable back to 10 gralats, then it will seem as if nothing happened if they don't like their weapon, sell it to another player, for example a 50k gralat item can be sold now for 5000 tickets. Now for micro transaction or " Pay to win " statement.. the game doesn't have an end, it's an mmorpg and no matter how much money you buy, all you will be doing is collecting items, removing sellables doesn't change a thing in buying gralats, people will buy more then it is their choice but you can still work for it doing normal jobs. It's much more better than people ruining trades to buy 5000 shovels only to sell it for 2500 trochus to get fast trochus which is STUPID. Of course.. if this happens, the game needs to make the jobs better to give player a fair amount of income per job that they do. (A little problem only because most of the jobs in era pay fairly.)

And admit it or not as well.. the game needs funds, we always complain about admins making era better, but they need funds, if you're a kid, you go and work for the item you want. It's life, we cannot change it, people who use real life money aren't pay to win in these types of games, they just don't have the time to grind as much as kids so it is STILL fair like most rpgs. I don't know if any admin will see this, or any staff members will read my entire thread but.. come on, it's about time we do some change in era. Little kids before who played era are grown ups now and wants logic in the game, I'm sure that i'm not the only one that noticed this because I have been seeing a lot of people complain and I love this childhood game so much that I want it to stay online for a longer time as a place to remember the good times that I had with my friends. Please,think each of my words with patience and know that I made this thread to see a better era in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Also to be honest, the game doesn't have pay to win, in terms of pvp, you need skills, better guns only give little boost to the skill that you already have. The game is more like, pay to get items faster.
    Last edited by Bmo; 04-23-2020 at 09:51 PM.

Related to Players
    Next time (and I mean it with the upmost respect) please separate your post into sections or paragraphs. I had a really hard time reading this wall of text dude.

I think the trading system is fine as it is. You said it yourself, this is a player-ran community. Not all of the conversions and rates are going to be consistent, that's what happens in any free market. There's plenty of other factors that go into pricing an item the way it is (it's usefulness, rarity, circulation, etc.) it's not just about how many gralats it's worth.

Removing sellables won't solve the issue. It'll make trading linear and boring—which as much as that may make it much easier, (in my opinion) removes the reward and fun of it all. Half of the reward from trading is getting that item for a low price or conning some sucker into buying your trash for an expensive rate. Remove that and all you have is a repetitive grind that amounts to nothing but negotiating.

Sellables also provide a way for those who don't enjoy digging a seamless way to get shells. There are other jobs that are much more engaging than digging for hours and players should be able to exchange their work for shells.

Trochus have always been the main currency of trade, that's why they're valued so high. It's not about a 50,000 gralat weapon or item being sold for 2,000 tro (by the way, please give me an example of what item is like this because this seems way to good to be true), it's about what you can use those 2,000 tro for in the case of profit or other items.

Also, scamming and getting ripped off is a community aspect. The iEra staff is too small and too focused on other things to worry about your Ice Wizard Staff getting stolen and will only help you out if absolutely needed. There's a reason why it's not illegal. At the end of the day, you are responsible for your items and how you choose to trade them and the current trade system is a reflection of that principle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

The reward of negotiating by selling your item will not go unpaid as the weapons can still be profitable when people sell you their stuff cheaper and you sell the thing you bought higher, that won't change, that's half of the point of trades so that people can profit. My point is changing the main currency of trades to gralats, most particularly tickets that cost 10 gralats each like I said.

And people only want to get shells/fishes/mushrooms/trash because of the unfair prices. In what mmorpg do people use a currency to buy another currency for a lower price???? Specially the way things are now, 1 trochus for 1 sand/scallop?? It defeats the purpose of the other shells and sellables. If they do this change, maybe not exactly the way I said, but somewhat close to it, then it will not only be beneficial for players, but also for the game in general. Also take Monkey Skate Tp for example, it was sold for more or less 50k in its time and was sold for 10k - 15k trochus in the first weeks, but people just kept low-balling and low-balling until it ended up being 1.4k trochus now. And yes, the rarity, usefulness of the item counts but now people just low-ball for the sake of making money which I think is a very corrupt thing to do.

That is why now I don't ever buy anything from the event shop since.. why would I? I can just buy them cheap after a few weeks in trades. All I'm saying is that these players who buy for pure gralats should have that chance again to resell for the same or close to the same price when they choose to let go of that item. This will make trades fair for everyone. And that is the reason why I said also, that this will only work IF they improve jobs, making them pay much more better for people to look at the jobs in this game as a fun grinding instead of an annoying job that you need to do repetitively to just get that specific in-game item.

Trade permits

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Go to school and learn economy, no offence intended.
    learn a few class and you will understand why a 50k gralats item will worth only 2k trochus on trade.

Demands and Supply my friend, demands and supply.
    It's better to spend year perfecting yourself than spending weeks trying to be someone else.

IGN: Derpy Lune
    I like writing story on the spot when i am bored.
    Era-Go give me the chances to do so.

Ok how about we add an additional transaction fee to trade tables

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    Ok how about we add an additional transaction fee to trade tables

no pls

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    I need friends

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo View Post
    I've been playing on and off for 7 years now since 2013, the trade tables haven't changed every single time I trade my stuff. People scamming, lowballers ruining trades and very VERY unfair prices of items and ratios of sellables. Now I understand that this is a player ran community, prices are decided by players, ratios are rated by players and sell them accordingly to what they think is the best, but I don't even think that's whats happening this time, people just base the prices on their own terms, and since some people are dumb, they just follow it even though it is CLEAR that the price is stupid.

For example.. a 50,000 gralat item being sold for 2000 Trochus.. do you think that's fine? People selling eggs 2 trochus for 1 egg, yet people sell a 700 egg melee for 700 trochus as well because they have no choice, lowballers will keep on finding a way to destroy a persons hard work to make it favorable for them. This has been going on for years ever since the trade started not because people are literally just idiots, it applies a bit, but not all.

Personally I think it is because Era allowed people to decide what the currency of the game or trades will be even though it is SPECIFICALLY gralats. These items wouldn't be in trades if they weren't bought with gralats or plasma coins or eggs or because of whatever hard work people put in it. I think it's about time that people stop butchering the hard work of people and start playing fairly.

My solution? Remove all sellables from trades, ALL of them and replace them with tickets. Now.. hear me out, a ticket that costs 10 gralats and is redeemable would make trades better for everyone for various reasons, no more sellables means that people will abide with the currency given, gralats. Now I know what you're thinking.. " But people who worked hard to get their trochus to sell in trades will be mad, and people will just think it is a micro transaction game." Okay.. first of all, people can sell their trochus still, they can sell all their sellables and use the gralats to buy these tickets.

Prices of items will be the same although this time, people who buy stuff with gralats in new events will have fair stuff and I think the old items bought with gralats, earned through events will rise because now people will literally think about what they are buying. AND not to forget if the tickets are redeemable back to 10 gralats, then it will seem as if nothing happened if they don't like their weapon, sell it to another player, for example a 50k gralat item can be sold now for 5000 tickets. Now for micro transaction or " Pay to win " statement.. the game doesn't have an end, it's an mmorpg and no matter how much money you buy, all you will be doing is collecting items, removing sellables doesn't change a thing in buying gralats, people will buy more then it is their choice but you can still work for it doing normal jobs. It's much more better than people ruining trades to buy 5000 shovels only to sell it for 2500 trochus to get fast trochus which is STUPID. Of course.. if this happens, the game needs to make the jobs better to give player a fair amount of income per job that they do. (A little problem only because most of the jobs in era pay fairly.)

And admit it or not as well.. the game needs funds, we always complain about admins making era better, but they need funds, if you're a kid, you go and work for the item you want. It's life, we cannot change it, people who use real life money aren't pay to win in these types of games, they just don't have the time to grind as much as kids so it is STILL fair like most rpgs. I don't know if any admin will see this, or any staff members will read my entire thread but.. come on, it's about time we do some change in era. Little kids before who played era are grown ups now and wants logic in the game, I'm sure that i'm not the only one that noticed this because I have been seeing a lot of people complain and I love this childhood game so much that I want it to stay online for a longer time as a place to remember the good times that I had with my friends. Please,think each of my words with patience and know that I made this thread to see a better era in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Also to be honest, the game doesn't have pay to win, in terms of pvp, you need skills, better guns only give little boost to the skill that you already have. The game is more like, pay to get items faster.
    No you see, when transactions are made in trade tables using sellables, we are not just talking about gralats vs sellables on the table.

I know a say, 30k gralat melee being traded for a couple thousand shells sounds like its lowball or scam or unworthy etc, but actually, it is a fair trade.

If I've someone's trying to offer the shells they are also putting onto the table their time. And their time spent digging up those shells are actually being traded together with the shells for the melee. If say, the its 3000 trochus (9000 gralat value), the person's time being traded off is worth the remaining 21000 gralats, so it isn't as "lowball" as you suppose.

It isn't really scamming because prices of the items fall as time passes and that time that passes has a value equivalent to the time being traded by the buyer. Mind blown right? But yeah, you ain't making a case here.

There's nothing wrong with the trading system except that they refuse to implement trade permits and increase trade fees.

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmo View Post
    The reward of negotiating by selling your item will not go unpaid as the weapons can still be profitable when people sell you their stuff cheaper and you sell the thing you bought higher, that won't change, that's half of the point of trades so that people can profit. My point is changing the main currency of trades to gralats, most particularly tickets that cost 10 gralats each like I said.

And people only want to get shells/fishes/mushrooms/trash because of the unfair prices. In what mmorpg do people use a currency to buy another currency for a lower price???? Specially the way things are now, 1 trochus for 1 sand/scallop?? It defeats the purpose of the other shells and sellables. If they do this change, maybe not exactly the way I said, but somewhat close to it, then it will not only be beneficial for players, but also for the game in general. Also take Monkey Skate Tp for example, it was sold for more or less 50k in its time and was sold for 10k - 15k trochus in the first weeks, but people just kept low-balling and low-balling until it ended up being 1.4k trochus now. And yes, the rarity, usefulness of the item counts but now people just low-ball for the sake of making money which I think is a very corrupt thing to do.

That is why now I don't ever buy anything from the event shop since.. why would I? I can just buy them cheap after a few weeks in trades. All I'm saying is that these players who buy for pure gralats should have that chance again to resell for the same or close to the same price when they choose to let go of that item. This will make trades fair for everyone. And that is the reason why I said also, that this will only work IF they improve jobs, making them pay much more better for people to look at the jobs in this game as a fun grinding instead of an annoying job that you need to do repetitively to just get that specific in-game item.
    Your point about the Monkey Skateboard is amazing me. If the trash pick was being sold for $50,000 gralats and at the time was sold for 15,000 tro (a conversion that, if you do 1, quite nicely adds up to the $50,000 gralat price tag) and over time gets lower as the item becomes more frequent, then of course the price would get lower. You can't compare a price of an item released in 2013 to the trade value of it in current year, that's stupid. I guarantee you if that item had came back this moment, based on it's prior trade value, it would either A. be priced accordingly or B. rise in value as the gralat price is now there.
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

No. Real life is like this as well.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".