Thread: Storm surge from Fortnite should be implemented into Graal Era

Storm surge from Fortnite should be implemented into Graal Era

Hello everyone. I've recently had an idea that may help prevent teaming in events such as Last Man Standing and sumo events bots. So if you've never played fortnite before basically, when there are a certain amount of players alive but not many are dying. You would get damaged by 25hp I believe every 5-10 seconds if you weren't doing enough damage to opposing players so until you have reached the certain damage threshold you will not get hit by storm surge. I feel like this could be implemented in these events bots as it can encourage for faster combat and hopefully less teaming as players would have to damage others. Otherwise if they haven't been doing enough damage they will be hit by storm surge, let's say you take 1dmg off every 10 seconds. So the aim is to be above the damage threshold to no longer be hit by storm surge which will result in no damage taken.

Aswell as this. I feel like this feature could be implemented in Team Spar at the events house. As most of us know we hate all those people that afk in the corner and don't help the team in any sort of form, so if we implement storm surge players will have to be above damage threshold which forces them to move and try put damage on the opposing team (1hp taken off per 10 seconds) until player has reached above damage threshold. Let's say the damage threshold is 90 and you are at 70 dmg dealt, you would need to get above 90 to not get hit by storm surge. so 2 hits with a bar will take you above the threshold.

Just an idea and I think it would be great to implement into this game as it would make events much more fun and easier for us. Thanks.

I’d love to see something implemented to prevent teaming however I think it’s hard to do so without an actual admin watching

Your idea would be unfair for players who are actually playing but didn’t get lucky enough to damage someone. Now imagine when 3 players left and 2 of them have low HP, the 3rd dude could just run around until they die by the system ...

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    I’d love to see something implemented to prevent teaming however I think it’s hard to do so without an actual admin watching

Your idea would be unfair for players who are actually playing but didn’t get lucky enough to damage someone. Now imagine when 3 players left and 2 of them have low HP, the 3rd dude could just run around until they die by the system ...
    So regarding the last part of your reply. In fortnite they would keep storm surge active when a certain amount die to where its suitable. So we could do the same here. So it wouldnt be active past let's say 10 players remainingbmaybe then it's a free for all it would also mean people would fight more instead of hiding. Overall I think it would work in Team Spar well for sure.