Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Airsoft Minigame

Airsoft Minigame

Gameplay
    -Player dies if gets hit
    -Players can crawl (decreased movement speed)
    -Players can hide in bushes and buildings
    -Use indicators for allied players
    -Players have limited vision depending on where theyre facing (When inside a building, only sees room)
    -Players move slightly slower than default movement speed (Increased movement speed when using a melee)
    -Bullet speed is increased
    -Players have 30 sec to prepare and choose their main weapon (Categorized as AR/Sniper/SMG) Secondary weapon is a melee
    -Players have limited ammo (Depends on their weapon)
    -Ammo boxes spawn in random places (Refreshes a player's mag to full)
    -Players can buy items (Bullets, Extended Mag/ Ghille Suit/Grenades) using points
    -Reload speed is 1.0
    -For CTF gamemode, a random player in each team gets a chance to choose where to put their flag (Theres a limited zone where you can put it) (If the flag wasnt placed before the waiting time runs out, flag will be automatically placed in the center of the zone)

Gamemodes
    -TDM (Players respawn time is 5s)
    -CTF (Players cant respawn/Other team wins if enemies are wiped out)

Rewards
    -Players get tokens as a reward (Can be used in shop)
    -Participants get 3 tokens if they lose, 10 if they win (Amount depends on the admins)
    -Players earn points when getting kills and winning rounds (1 point per kill, 10 per win) (Points can be used to buy items that can only be used for 1 game)
    -Players can buy skins for their default guns (Can only be used in the minigame)

Animation (WIP)
    -Crawl Animation
    Crawl.gif
    -Shot Animation
    Shot.gif

GFX Needed(I need help here)
    -TilesetTileset.png
    -More Tileset (Buildings and other stuff that can be used as cover)
    -Ghillie suit (Body and Hat)
    -Ghillie skins for default guns(Lapua,M4,MP7)
    -Bullets (Might make it smaller) Airsoft_Bullet-Red.pngAirsoft_Bullet-Blue.pngAirsoft_Bullet.png
    Last edited by Nani; 04-27-2020 at 01:45 AM.

The idea is great and I agree, but having a limited vision ?, you will see that doing that on the PC creates a circle where there is light where you can see and the rest is dark, that is too laggy (LAG) for some players. I don't think some players enjoy it for this reason.

Also, the token system (like Gang Coin, Plasma Coin, Event Coin, Laser Coin) is already widely used, it would be better to pay with items like garbage, mushroom, body parts, which we can sell or even money directly.

But everything else if I like it, I hope you put it soon.

Yea, The limited vision isnt a circle, like a blindspot in the back (For stealth attacks). Idk how they wont make it laggy but it would be best if they did.

For the tokens, you can use it to buy items that can only be used in the minigame (Ghillie Skins for Guns for more cover, or to change guns, Default guns are retextured Lapus for Sniper, M4 for AR, MP7/Ump45 for SMG). Yes, only for the minigame, to avoid these players who only grind tokens to flex their skins and stop playing the minigame ,this wont make the game enjoyable and repetitive, which makes games boring like plasma (Run, evade, shoot, repeat) and laser-tag (Spam your gun, Drop turrets, spam again. In a shootout if you run out of ammo, its the end, you cant even sneak to your enemy because theyre spamming).

What makes Era boring is the repetitive things (pizza, digging, minigames) like you wont gain anything new, learn anything new when doing these things. I want this urge when you play games and you learn something and use it for later.

Melee ninja time!
    It's better to spend year perfecting yourself than spending weeks trying to be someone else.

IGN: Derpy Lune
    I like writing story on the spot when i am bored.
    Era-Go give me the chances to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyLune View Post
    Melee ninja time!
    Yesss

I disagree with the SMG choice. In Era, there is no range/rate of fire/magazine/hipfire realism, so putting 8 dmg smgs would prevent people from using M4 because your options all better than M4. What I suggest is putting a smg which has lower dmg than the M4. Like Skorpian EVO, Spectre, Tec 9, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmY1809 View Post
    I disagree with the SMG choice. In Era, there is no range/rate of fire/magazine/hipfire realism, so putting 8 dmg smgs would prevent people from using M4 because your options all better than M4. What I suggest is putting a smg which has lower dmg than the M4. Like Skorpian EVO, Spectre, Tec 9, or something like that.
    Damage dont matter, as long as you get hit, you die.

Each main weapon has different stats (but they all have spread to act as wind)

Spread (Ranked from High to Low)
    -SMG
    -AR
    -Sniper

Reload Speed (Fastest to Slowest)
    -SMG
    -AR
    -Sniper

RoF
    -SMG
    -AR
    -Sniper

Freeze
    -Sniper
    -AR
    -SMG

Bullet Range (If its possible to change it)
    -Sniper
    -AR
    -SMG

Movement Speed (Fastest to slowest)
    -SMG
    -AR
    -Sniper

For the bullet range, SMGs can only reach in close- range (For balance) Snipers also have the ability to see further (like when you drag your screen). Yea, AR's balanced type in all three. All in all, SMGs are for rushers, ARs for balanced, Snipers for campers/sharpshooters.

If youre talking about the guns about to be used, MP7, Lapua, and M4 are just the default skins (You cant use "real guns", so you dont need to buy the guns mentioned). In the shop, you can change that default gun (for example, you can change Lapua to any sniper rifle available in the shop i.e M107).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nani; 04-26-2020 at 06:08 PM.

^^^^

The little rankings you posted disprove your claims. Damage DOES matter, why do you think people get mad when there are BAR users in spar? Almost every category you posted, the SMG class is always in front of the AR, except for Freeze and Range. Let's discuss about these two.

Range; yes smgs have less effective range than ARs, but it's impossible to change the range in Era, this is not real life so it makes absolutely no difference.
    Freeze: why in the bloody hell would the less weight/less recoil guns have more freeze than the more weight/more recoil guns? Absolutely non-sense, I disagree.

So to make this more balanced, the SMGs should have less damage than the ARs, to make it more balanced. Therefore, UMP 45 and MP7 (also MP7 is 47327186754674x times better than M4 lol) are invalid options.

Edit: sorry. I didn't notice the 1-hit need for people to die. So there should be another way to make this more balanced, and RANGE is definitely not one of them.

Im pretty sure they can make special scripts/codes for this one. You can change the bullet's range like changing any other stats, and range will make it balanced since you have increased movement speed just evade those enemies, take cover, you can use that spread and fire rate as an advantage.
    Last edited by Nani; 04-26-2020 at 04:59 PM.

I don't know. Era is over 10 years old considering the Playerworlds server. They never used the range thing to balance weapons. The SMG magazine capacity should be considerably lower than the AR's, so I think the FMG9 would fit well since it only has 12 bullets. The AR should be the FAL OSW, which is a M4 with 20 bullets instead of 16.