Thread: A question about trading trochus

Question A question about trading trochus

I've been digging up shells for a BAR. I've recently noticed that people at the trade tables seem to like trochus very much, so I thought that it would be a great idea to trade mine in exchange for scallops or sand dollars to squeeze out extra gralats (1.1:1 ratio, as most people have asked for). Usually after the trade, people message me that I'm doing it wrong, or I just got ripped off, yadda yadda...

I haven't played this game in a while so bear with me. Am I missing out something? I see it as a great way to maximize my earnings.

Possibly the ratio is off, find out the proper ratios for other sellables as well (trash, mushrooms, etc.)
    'Do or do not; there is no try'

Related to Players

A question about trading trochus

Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    I've been digging up shells for a BAR. I've recently noticed that people at the trade tables seem to like trochus very much, so I thought that it would be a great idea to trade mine in exchange for scallops or sand dollars to squeeze out extra gralats (1.1:1 ratio, as most people have asked for). Usually after the trade, people message me that I'm doing it wrong, or I just got ripped off, yadda yadda...

I haven't played this game in a while so bear with me. Am I missing out something? I see it as a great way to maximize my earnings.
    You're definitely not being ripped off, it's just people who are misinformed or haven't been in trading long enough. I say this because people tend to be very stingy when it comes to trading trochus. Even the slightest ratio change from 1.1 to 1.2 will scare off everyone. If you're trying to maximize your earnings in a timely manner and it's working, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

I haven't played in a long while too so I'm not really up to date with the prices but I do have tips to maximize your time:

Know the current ratios. Have a second account AFK looking for exchanges of trochus to sand/scalls. That way, you hopefully fish better ratios (or observe trade tables prices) while on your main you're being productive by digging.

Also, do consider that there are other sellables that are also worth greater than or equal to sand/scalls. People looking for trochus tend to want to get their hands on trochus asap so you might get better deals by haggling.

Additionally, try doing pizzas! I don't know when, but I noticed that shell spawn rate was nerfed so digging gets kinda boring. In pizzas, you get this progression that increases the gralats you get per hour the more you craft!

I appreciate all of the replies guys. I'll take note of all your advice. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Reck View Post
    Additionally, try doing pizzas! I don't know when, but I noticed that shell spawn rate was nerfed so digging gets kinda boring. In pizzas, you get this progression that increases the gralats you get per hour the more you craft!
    I actually do both! I dig if I'm on pc since it doesn't need my full attention (I just hold the keys to dig), and I get to watch my preferred Twitch live streams simultaneously. Then I do pizzas on my phone if i'm done or get bored of digging.