Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: College Courses

College Courses

Hello everyone. Quarantine is about to end in most country and that means Classes are coming back to break our brain cells once again kidding aside.

I know most of you here are college students and this year I'm going to enter the another chapter of my life which is being a College Student . So I've decided to go back to the Philippines to study there but my problem was that I had not decided which course I should choose
    I'm still choosing between getting a Philosophy Degree at UST Seminary or Taking Conservatory Music in UP Deliman..

So, all the College Students out there, can you recommend me some great courses to take? Except for "Education Degree"

Thanks
    Do not Open
     Spoiler

Disc: NCX#4821

I'm in place to give advice but for me id do UP > UST. I have friends who study in UST and it's a heavy workload type of school. As for UP I have zero intel since a majority of my friends are from Lasalle schools same with me :-)
    Discord Me:
    jaala#0029

Why hello there! I'm from DLSU Manila taking up double degree in Applied Economics maj in Industrial Economics and Accountancy. In my opinion, it would be difficult to fish a course right out of the bat. Maybe while quarantine is still in effect, identify your interests and what you want to be when you grow up. I can get a little biased and incomplete with my opinion, since I'm from the green island near the bay haha! UP and UST offer a combined plethora of programs from their respective centers of excellence. Try doing some research about course feedbacks and all too!

From the sciences that they offer, try looking into UST's medicine and accounting programs - one of the best in the country. Same goes for UP but their expertise, as I've heard, extends up to the field of engineering - which is a great discipline to too! As for arts, I do think they offer great programs as well.

Why not consider the Lasalle? Just kidding, nice to meet some college players that are also in the PH too. We can have a conversation in game if you want! All the best!

Philosophy degree and Music are both useless.
    Go for something better like for example IT

Quote Originally Posted by kaiZer View Post
    Not really it's just a stereotype of people to look down on these works. It's kinda rude to talk like that about people's life choices :-/
    Discord Me:
    jaala#0029

Quote Originally Posted by kaiZer View Post
    People choosing their own college courses and life choices is great and shouldn't be loose down upon.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Newcomer
    I'm still in high school any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Zane T. View Post
    I'm still in high school any advice?
    Start planning what college to go to, what major you'll do, and just continue to study. This varies by students and high schools, but you'd want to be very prepared for the workload university has and try to do well in Time Management.
    You can always go to community college, complete your General Ed and Major-Prep courses then transfer. (You'll hear it'll take 2 years if full-time, which can be true, but varies. If you consider this option and don't transfer within 2 years, don't be bummed out. Just aim for experience in your field, connections, and take it your pace.)
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by Minho View Post
    I'm in place to give advice but for me id do UP > UST. I have friends who study in UST and it's a heavy workload type of school. As for UP I have zero intel since a majority of my friends are from Lasalle schools same with me :-)
    Advising him to take the easy road? very inspiring
    Do or do not; there is no try

Wouldn't this actually be entirely dependent on your personal preference and where your interest-career goals seem to be leaning towards? I mean there's no point in others telling you how great a particular program/major would be for you, if at the end of the day you don't actually have an interest or any existing knowledge on it (even worse if you choose to follow blindly based on what other people say). Just go with what you actually have an interest/passion in and always do some research prior to enrolling to at least make sure you know what you're getting yourself into. The last thing you'd want is to drop out halfway because the modules were unexpectedly boring or ended up taking you completely by surprise and too difficult.