Thread: An Amateur Attempt At Artistry

An Amateur Attempt At Artistry

I hope you like that alliteration I used for the thread title. Anywho, I was talking to a dear friend about starting on making graphics. She gave me a few app suggestions on the IOS and so far Pixel Studio has seem to not be so bad. (If only I myself wasn’t bad lol) And so I gave it a try.
    My first attempt was making a walkie talkie.
    Please, I beg of you designers, to please leave tips, criticisms, video suggestions to watch, apps, whatever to help! I can say I don’t think I have a clue on what I’m doing. These attempts by me take so much time. It’s also a frustrating process.

- - - Updated - - -

And here’s the other thing I made. I wanted to start making weapons out of My Hero Academia, and I know Izuku’s glove is not necessarily a weapon, but I thought if it was implemented, it would be cool to have it as some laser or beam shooting glove. I created the glove with PixelArt Studio cuz that’s all I know how to do right now. Then after making the glove, I used a template of graal bodies and tried to make it on his hand. And I’ll tell you what, that took 3 hours! I said so many times that I wanted to quit. But I know with some help and practice, I can be good at this. So, here y’all go:

Sprites are too big, use png and gif as file extension. Head's max size 32x32, and the body's usually 32x22. Thats a nice walkie talkie btw.

I'll drop some templates because i think you downloaded the wrong one.

hattemplatepng.png
    bodytemplate.png
    headtemplate.png

I was using a 200x200 canvas. Is every little dot counted for one pixel?
    If so that helps my understanding on how big things should be, but it also complicates how much room I have to create something.
    (Do weapons have a certain size limit too?)

Yes, every pixel/dot counts. And yes, 200x200 is too big. Weapons dont have size limit as long as its not too big or too small for the character. Try to watch tutorials on yt, you can learn techniques that will make your art better.

I forgot to drop a shield template:
    474718_orig.png
    You can also use this to try your sprites if its too small or big.

Edit:
    Here, I just made this so you can test your sprites.
    test.png
    Last edited by Nani; 05-24-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nani View Post
    Yes, every pixel/dot counts. And yes, 200x200 is too big. Weapons dont have size limit as long as its not too big or too small for the character. Try to watch tutorials on yt, you can learn techniques that will make your art better.

I forgot to drop a shield template:
    474718_orig.png
    You can also use this to try your sprites if its too small or big.

Edit:
    Here, I just made this so you can test your sprites.
    test.png
    That’s gonna be tough making everything so tiny lol. But I’ll give it a shot. Thank you!