The moon was glowing brightly and the night was drizzling at wee hour. The graveyard was eerie and quiet. I had been here for hours now, standing in front of the rusty gate. I was waiting nearby the graveyard but for no one. A young man came out of his car and saw me sitting in the hut. He smiled at me and came nearer. “Hello, are you waiting for someone?” he asked politely. I looked up at him solemnly, shook my head. Then, the young man walked away, in confusion, and went back into the car. I was wondering why the young man came here. I reminded myself that no one ever came to this graveyard because it was long abandoned; maybe he was just passing by.

I began to walk back. On the way there, a very similar car was crashed by a tree. Then, a young man was struggling to get out. It was the same man from earlier. I helped him out of the crashed car. He thanked me and I invited him to my manor for a night. The man looked around the front yard and asked, “You live here alone?” The atmosphere began to feel colloq and the man quivered tremendously. I just kept quiet and opened the door. I switched on the light and tried to recall something that seemed missing. The young man came in and locked the door. I haven’t been in the front hall for too long, everything seemed different. I was walking into the living room and the young man followed me with curiosity showing on his face.

“How long did you not clean your house?” the young man asked with much astonishment. “I don’t know. Don’t remember…,” I shuddered after failing to recall the last time the house was clean and dropped on the couch. There was a family portrait above the staircase and one of the five members was me. The young man sadly analyzed the portrait and I wondered why. He sat next to me, while grabbing something that was dangling from his chest, and I was disappearing. He was shocked and moved away from me. Suddenly, a bone-shrilling scream was heard from the upper floor and the young man jerked up from his position. He was going to run but I grabbed his hand: shook my head. “No. You will be killed,” I finally spoke up and he was pale.

“Alright,” he replied with his body shivering from the coldness that I spread to his hand. “What is your name?” I asked after he calmed down and the scream was fading. “Louvre,” he answered when he slowly sit down on the couch. Then, the room was lit up brightly, and again, he got shocked but I was soothing him gently.

The moment the fire lit up, my entire outfit changed into a white gleaming dress with a bow on my head. The young man wanted to scream but he didn’t. “It is alright,” I said while smiling at him. The whole room was transformed into a nice and clean room. A man with rich clothing was walking in. He was taking a bunch of documents in his hand and he just walked away. “Who is that person?” Louvre asked while observing the surrounding. I sighed sadly with tears welling up and replied, “My father. Our family is the richest in the town and all my parents cared about is being rich.” Then, a butler appeared in the hall; with him was a tray of food and beside the fire was my elder brother and twin brother- reading books and telling the younger me stories. Tears were falling down onto the ground silently. Louvre tried to comfort me but never know how since I was in the form of ghost.

“I was always lonely and only my brothers are my comfort until one day. The day when my elder brother went missing, kidnapped, my parents went mad. They never once again spoke of him. Day went by, they became stranger and weirder,” I explained to Louvre, as I explained as the scene slowly changed into different scenery; this time, the mansion was giving scary feeling. “What happened? Your twin brother and you?” Louvre asked with sympathy; usually, I would snapped at the guest but this time, I felt that he was sincere. “Things get worse when father’s company went bankrupt. He began to hallucinate until the doctor had to come every day. Mother locked herself in her room, singing lullaby alone,” I replied him in whisper.

The mansion living hall turned bright and there was a banner with writing on it: Happy Birthday to Eren and Elena. The candle was burning bright but giving the hall an eerie feeling and the candle light kept on flicking. The younger me was sitting at the table with a huge cake in front of me, dressing like a little doll, and, then, a woman in a beautiful dress brought in a huge present and lay it in front me. She said with a cheerful tone, “Here is your present, sweetheart. Eren will open his later because he is eating cake with your father.” She walked to the side of my chair, smiling weirdly, and I stood up to open the present. The next moment that I blinked my eyes, I was in a crate filled with poison snakes biting every single part of my body and my mother was smiling eerily to me, opened her mouth and said, “Happy birthday, Elena! Your father and I decided that if your eldest brother is no longer with us, neither should you and Eren.” She skipped happily away, ignoring my screams of help.

“Oh My God! What about your twin brother, Eren?” Louvre asked shockingly after the living hall went dark and cold. I looked at him in the eyes and shook my head. “Why? What’s wrong?” Louvre asked again and I pointed towards the door of the living room. He turned around and, there he was my twin brother, Eren was walking towards us with much elegance as a gentleman. “Elena, you wandered again. I don’t really cared for the living but still, you should not bring someone you don’t want to harm into manor,” Eren nagged at me and he stared at Louvre to get a better look.

“Well, since he is guest, let’s lighten up,” Eren spoke after a long pause and clicked his finger; the entire mansion lighted up brightly. “I, on the other hand, was forced to eat poison cake by my father. He did that to make me suffer and he achieved happiness from my suffering. I realized about the poison and kept on refusing but after several times, he just tied me up with chains and pushed the cake down my throat,” Eren answered Louvre’s question without any feeling while reading a book that appeared out of nowhere; as though it didn’t happened to him.

Louvre was stunned until the bone-shrilling scream was heard again. The mansion scenery went crazy, from brightly lit house to a grim-looking house, and the wind was blowing like a whirlwind. Then, everything went calm again as Eren stood up and the book vanished. “They are causing trouble again. I will never let go of their soul, even if Hell freezes over, and they will stay until we say so. Elena, send our guest back,” Eren said evilly.

As he left the room, he turned around and muttered one word before smiling sadly. I pulled Louvre’s hand and walked out of the room into the garden. The surrounding area was lightened up and there were ghostly buildings and restless souls. Louvre’s eye kept on blinking at such scenery and he was completely dazed. A couple of ghosts bowed and smiled at me and, I dragged Louvre to the road where his car crashed. He was filled with emotion that he didn’t know how to begin our conversation now. “What did Eren say before he left the room?” Louvre asked without looking into my eyes but he was clutching his necklace tightly.

I hesitated because he might not be the person that Eren and I hoped to be. “You know, I was kidnapped when I was ten and saved by a military officer but he couldn’t bring me back to my family. He named me a different name, so, that reporters would not disturb me about the kidnpping. I had asked for so long and finally, last week, he told me about my family and the village that I lived in. He said that I was found together with this necklace that has a picture. He gave the necklace to me and explained to me that there are only three persons in this picture,” Louvre held the necklace even tighter when he explained his past to me; at that time, I was so sure that Eren was hearing as well.

“I never open it. The officer also said that the whole village was murdered by a pair of couple who lost their eldest child and committed suicide. The village was never touched after that incident nor did the authorities do anything about it. I assumed that the village I saw just now was this village,” Louvre declared his suspicions to me and I listened carefully. He continued his sentence after a short silence of exchanging looks between the necklace and me, “That incident happened fifteen years ago. I thought I might get a clue about my family if I wandered around here. The officer told me that the couple might be my parents. At first, I don’t want to believe it because if I believed it, then, I might have to lose all hopes to see anyone from my family. But now, I have to believe that they are gone forever.”

“Well, all I can say is that no matter what happen, you are alive. Therefore, live on and be what we can’t be as a human, but never say that you are alone because you will have those precious memories,” I replied his declaration with confidence in my voice that he was the one Eren and I searched for years.

I slowly disappeared into the morning fog and he was still looking at the necklace solemnly. “The word that Eren muttered just now was brother. Now, at least, we know that you are alive. Live well, brother,” I told him the answer that he asked for earlier and, when the morning sun was glowing brightly, the last sentence was said by Eren and me. Louvre looked up and the necklace was opened; tears were falling from his cheeks and the picture was taken on our last Halloween party; Eren in vampire suit, Louvre in knight outfit and I as fairy princess smiling happily.

As I walked back, the sun was shining brightly but it did not affect the other world. “Miss Elena, that fine young man just now was Young Master Ezleon, wasn’t it?” some of the villager ghosts asked me and I just smiled sweetly at them. Eren was at the doorstep, greeting me home, and he was smiling at me. The bone-shrilling scream continued when I stepped back into the mansion. It was the punishment for them after killing everyone in the village thinking that they will escape the punishment if they committed suicide. Little did they know, they were brought back by the villagers’ vengeance for their sin, and the village was brought back from the Underworld by vengeance and anger. The torture will literally engrave to their soul and it will continue until both of us are satisfied.

“Thus, the nightmare continues,” Eren and I said in unison with wicked smile on our face, dressed gothic royalty clothes, sitting on the living hall couch.