Thread: Un-used Hotel

Un-used Hotel

There is a hotel to the east of Northridge that currently serves no purpose except to just be a placeholder building for something else to come. All the rooms that are inside the hotel are locked as well.

This building could be used by players for renting rooms that give you access to a hotel room which gives you powers such as Tile Editor and NPC Editing as well. There should be limitations as well such as limited amount of NPC's allowed in a level to avoid lag and blocked off codes for the NPC's such as particles/gani's. It'd be interesting to see players delve inside level editing to create something of their own.

Its a pretty crazy idea so it probably won't get implemented so as an alternative, every staff of the Levels Team should be given a room to edit in that hotel so each room is designed for them only with their own tiles and etc so each room is different with each one representing different themes and ideas.

I can not even begin to tell you all of the ways players would abuse access to the NPC editor but just to name a few, players could:

- Use it to add themselves items.

- Boost their own stats.

- Change their attributes, such as their speed and looks.

- Harass others. (changing others chats, names, coordinates, the levels they are at etc etc.

As far as the tile editing goes; They wouldn't be able to furnish the level without the NPC editor, and I've already voiced why giving them access to it is not a good idea.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    I can not even begin to tell you all of the ways players would abuse access to the NPC editor but just to name a few, players could:

- Boost their own stats.

- Harass others. (changing others chats, names, coordinates, the levels they are at etc etc.

As far as the tile editing goes; They wouldn't be able to furnish the level without the NPC editor, and I've already voiced why giving them access to it is not a good idea.

Pretty much this^ Players have a home anyways too. I can see something like Level admins making their levels but other than that we definitely can’t risk giving NPC rights to people we don’t know.

If anything we could definitely update the tiles as well.

The hotel is also usually busy with spanish speaking people so it is used :0

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't YouTubers also use that building to film scenes for their videos?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post

- Boost their own stats.

"There should be limitations as well such as limited amount of NPC's allowed in a level to avoid lag and blocked off codes for the NPC's such as particles/gani's."
    I understand what you mean but I'm talking about creating a new NPC Editor for this specific hotel only, but I guess the level editing thing is a bit of a stretch since it would remove purpose of owning houses.

BTW the Hotel that I'm talking about is this one 0.jpg1 (2).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by x7xixi View Post
    "There should be limitations as well such as limited amount of NPC's allowed in a level to avoid lag and blocked off codes for the NPC's such as particles/gani's."
    I understand what you mean but I'm talking about creating a new NPC Editor for this specific hotel only, but I guess the level editing thing is a bit of a stretch since it would remove purpose of owning houses.

BTW the Hotel that I'm talking about is this one 0.jpg1 (2).jpg
    You see, limitations will just limit the players' creativity, and pretty sure even if they block off some codes, pro scripters will still find a way to abuse it.

A solution to prevent abuse is to create a different language, but I guess developers wont even bother to create a different language for some building theyre not insterested in.

Definitely an interesting and creative idea! I agree with the flaws pointed out before but I can appreciate the idea nonetheless.

The hotel is generally used although the rooms are not used very much. I think levels such as the hotel aren't really there to serve much of a purpose. The hotel was great fun when it was released, and now it is home to several different communities. I understand why you wish things could be freshened up though, as the rooms really aren't used.

I suppose some differences in the levels to shake things up could be interesting, but like many random and relatively old levels in Era, they are kind of there just to be there. You know? I think the hotel is cute as is fun to explore if you are bored, and I'm sure really cool to new players.
    :]

Quote Originally Posted by August. View Post
    Definitely an interesting and creative idea! I agree with the flaws pointed out before but I can appreciate the idea nonetheless.

The hotel is generally used although the rooms are not used very much. I think levels such as the hotel aren't really there to serve much of a purpose. The hotel was great fun when it was released, and now it is home to several different communities. I understand why you wish things could be freshened up though, as the rooms really aren't used.

I suppose some differences in the levels to shake things up could be interesting, but like many random and relatively old levels in Era, they are kind of there just to be there. You know? I think the hotel is cute as is fun to explore if you are bored, and I'm sure really cool to new players.
    Maybe they can add levels to the rooms, maybe this will help it become more lively/popular.

Popular spots:

Start (Full of Random chill people)
    -near respawn point/s
    -huge space

West Hotel (Filled with roleplayers)
    -You can enter the rooms
    -You can roleplay as a worker/guest

Church (Filled with online daters, and Filipinos)
    -near respawn point
    -marriage

Southridge Hospital (Full of Spanish people I think)
    -near respawn point
    -idk

That house near the Theatre (Filled with Spanish people too I think)
    -near respawn point
    -idk either

Outside Potluck Pig (Attackers of Guerre Zone? Mushroom/Trashpickers?? idk)
    -job
    -base
    Other popular spots are mostly because of jobs (digging, pizza)

I think these spots became popular because players can socialize, interact with things, and yeah, near respawn points.

If you can make that building more interactible, it will probably become one of the most popular spots.