Thread: Reasons To Delay GST By A Week

Reasons To Delay GST By A Week

Hey, I would like to propose some valid arguments towards why GST should be delayed by a week. First of all, I don’t intend to offend anyone behind the scenes who worked hard for GST, incase it seems as though I’m undermining their endeavours. I truly appreciate the effort put in by the admins, but I am offering constructive criticism to improve the annual event.

Well, to start, I believe the amount of time taken to create and practice in house arenas that replicate the map (the main source of practice for GST) is underestimated. It takes at least 14 days to make good plans and practice those plans to find the perfect execution of it. Gangs have been preparing for GST all year, but we have just over a week to prepare for the map ? This is ludicrous.

In addition, practise sessions are very hard to arrange due to different timezones. As a result of this, the amount of full practise sessions teams can undergo will be very small. Therefore, the entire skill level of this year’s GST participates will be inadequate compared to other years- teams will be significantly underprepared. Inevitably, this will consequently result in a much less competitive GST, undermining the reputable skill of players assigned to the tournament.

Another reason for the delay is so that there is plenty of time to work on creating speed hack scripts. I suggest after each player’s Graal ID is given to the host, each individual participant has a script on them, so that they do not abuse anything even at the minimal speed hack speed, leading to a fairer GST, which we are hoping for. Multiplex is starting to be flooded with speed hackers and I’m certain you admins are aware of it, the number of speed hackers will unfortunately continue to increase as whoever is responsible hasn’t enforced much action to prevent it from happening. This delay may give you time to make these scripts or be able to think of an alternate method to prevent speed hack abusers.

Furthermore, due to the constricted time period, a Staff GST will be very unlikely. There are two benefits of a Staff GST: being able to identify errors in the map (such as the invisible player bug which occurred in GST 2018) as well as being general entertainment for people. Therefore, a potential calamity is prevented, as errors would have been identified and resolved. Additionally, a sense of excitement will grasp the community due to the taster of what GST will be like, resulting in an increased amount of viewers tuning in to watch the livestream. Whereas at the moment, the general hype for the event is quite low.

Once again, I am not aiming to belittle the admins responsible but instead, I would like to see improvements to the GST. The only way to achieve this improvement, is by delaying it for another week.

Bruh just practice more with us youll get better idk why your lashing out like this

Lmfaoaoaooaoa