Thread: Laptop Hardware Help Please?

Exclamation Laptop Hardware Help Please?

Hi, I bought an Asus Vivobook laptop a few weeks ago with 4 GB DDR4 2400MHz SDRAM Onboard Memory, I bought another ram card yesterday from an online shop with the same amount of 4gb memory but I noticed it has a different speed (aprx. 2666MHz) do I need to worry about installing it since it has different speeds? What are the cons and pros of mixing rams with different speeds?

it's best to use the same stick speeds throughout your PC, mixing those speeds will under clock the faster one, theoretically it should work normally but with the speed of the slower RAM, also I recommend getting 2 sticks of 8GB of RAM in case you have a higher budget, since 2 sticks of 4GB RAM these days are the bare minimum for daily tasks. if you're only going to browse the web and play low end games then it's enough.
    Also check which CPU the laptop has, sometimes it doesn't accept those types of mixes.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    it's best to use the same stick speeds throughout your PC, mixing those speeds will under clock the faster one, theoretically it should work normally but with the speed of the slower RAM, also I recommend getting 2 sticks of 8GB of RAM in case you have a higher budget, since 2 sticks of 4GB RAM these days are the bare minimum for daily tasks. if you're only going to browse the web and play low end games then it's enough.
    Also check which CPU the laptop has, sometimes it doesn't accept those types of mixes.
    Mmmm Okay, I'll follow those. Thank you Joeyaudi1.