Thread: Fish Macros

Cool Fish Macros

So fish macros seem to be getting really popular again lol. I want you to just take the time to wander the Italy GMAP and take a look at the big amount of obvious alt accounts with private stats just casting away at fishes non stop. Not many people have the marbles to fish under their real in game names WONDER WHY. Italy is the most “profitable” area for fishing due to the better fish. The more sneaky ones will be on the main GMAP since there’s water all over the map. Reports don’t really do much since we don’t always have a PR online. This fish macro thing is as easy as create a new acc and buy some rods, set the macro up in your choice of spot. After you’re done abandon the account entirely and keep the fish is what I’ve seen done. A good example is today’s top fisher on scoreboard #9 someone abandoned that account’s player name under “bless” 200+ days ago. I’m assuming they tried to frame me but none of my accounts have ever touched any fish in trade logs. My main question honestly is why is a non PK zone map like Italy the most rewarding spot for fish lol?

Here’s a list of ideas I have for fishing to make it a lil more rewarding or to kill off macros a little more:

-script Italy GMAP to send you to that water fountain AFK zone with Reno Dorvay NPC in it once you stand in the same spot over 5 mins.

-remove rarer fish from Italy and add it to PK zones on main iEra GMAP

-fishing event with baddies like we’ve had in the past or just add baddies to Italy fishing alone so it doesn’t take a big chunk at server CPU

-make Italy GMAP a PK zone

-remove level 75 cap maybe extend it a little more and then rewards

-introduce deep sea fishing since we are able to dive and use underwater levels, would be a neat thing to do with new fishes, perhaps a new way to fish.

Please share ya thoughts with me

I think if Italys’ GMAP was a pk zone then it’d be extremely hard to fish in that area, I haven’t done much fishing in the main map since Italy is profitable and a non-pk zone, I wonder what’ll happen if it actually turned into a pk zone, how would the players react? Most ppl would be pretty negative of this idea, Italy would be overrun by mafia gangs and pkers which actually would be pretty cool and fun, and it’ll be such a challenge to fish in that kind of area whilst also having a reward by catching the most profitable fish.

I would’ve thought the fish jumping onto the ground and hitting the player was enough to stop ppl from macroing, I used to be fishing a lot but nowadays I haven’t been.
    Your idea of “-script Italy GMAP to send you to that water fountain AFK zone with Reno Dorvay NPC in it once you stand in the same spot over 5 mins” is really good I feel like, because it’ll eliminate a lot of Marco users, I see no problem of implementing to the game and seeing how it works, because most Marco-users SHOULD be moving around quite a bit just in case admins suspect them of macroing, so I see no problem for ppl who aren’t macroing, they just should be slightly more aware and move around.

I’m mostly interested in what’ll happen IF Italy was a full on pk zone, my guess is that it’ll make it impossible to fish because players can just harass fishers for kills and boost off them. So maybe this idea isn’t such a great idea in terms for players who’re fishing.

But adding new levels to fishing does sound pretty good, it’ll be like a next level to GraalClassic’s job of diving for loot.

I think adding more rewards for fishers who intend to fish in pk zones in the main gmap does sound great, it’ll make more players risk it for the biscuit if they want to be more profitable.

I feel like fishing rods last longer and once it breaks you have to go buy a new one similar to the mining idea. WAY TOO MANY macroers in italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zysoss View Post
    I think if Italys’ GMAP was a pk zone then it’d be extremely hard to fish in that area, I haven’t done much fishing in the main map since Italy is profitable and a non-pk zone, I wonder what’ll happen if it actually turned into a pk zone, how would the players react? Most ppl would be pretty negative of this idea, Italy would be overrun by mafia gangs and pkers which actually would be pretty cool and fun, and it’ll be such a challenge to fish in that kind of area whilst also having a reward by catching the most profitable fish.

I would’ve thought the fish jumping onto the ground and hitting the player was enough to stop ppl from macroing, I used to be fishing a lot but nowadays I haven’t been.
    Your idea of “-script Italy GMAP to send you to that water fountain AFK zone with Reno Dorvay NPC in it once you stand in the same spot over 5 mins” is really good I feel like, because it’ll eliminate a lot of Marco users, I see no problem of implementing to the game and seeing how it works, because most Marco-users SHOULD be moving around quite a bit just in case admins suspect them of macroing, so I see no problem for ppl who aren’t macroing, they just should be slightly more aware and move around.

I’m mostly interested in what’ll happen IF Italy was a full on pk zone, my guess is that it’ll make it impossible to fish because players can just harass fishers for kills and boost off them. So maybe this idea isn’t such a great idea in terms for players who’re fishing.

But adding new levels to fishing does sound pretty good, it’ll be like a next level to GraalClassic’s job of diving for loot.

I think adding more rewards for fishers who intend to fish in pk zones in the main gmap does sound great, it’ll make more players risk it for the biscuit if they want to be more profitable.
    Thanks for feedback here Maybe having Italy a full PK zone would be a bad idea due to PKrs perhaps 80% of it PK and 20% non PK to have some areas really concentrated with fishers who want to fish in peace. PK zones def should get some more loot it is indeed more of a risk. One thing I never understood too well are the signs on the main iEra GMAP vaguely explaining what fish are there or sumn when everyone knows by now Italy is the go to place. The signs are useless are pretty much what I’m saying when Italy is the best.

Where can you do that diving job on classic btw? That sounds interesting I’d like to check that out.

I also can’t help but feel like this thread has made a lil noise if someone made a digging macro thread when digging really doesn’t have an issue. If you see a person macro digging at least you can kill them off digging on their spot and let the crabs overwhelm their macro. With fishing you can’t do any of that but sit on their bobber or equip fish next to them and hope it breaks their macro lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SwatHalo View Post
    I feel like fishing rods last longer and once it breaks you have to go buy a new one similar to the mining idea. WAY TOO MANY macroers in italy.
    Durability of rods seem fine to in my opinion. But I guess that depends if any changes on fishing is actually made. Could use a buff or nerf

wait, how can you macro fishing when the fish be caught on bait on random time? am i wrong?
    sorry for poor english eheh
    i feel olD