Thread: Aegis Shield-Keycard Weapon 2020

The Aegis Shield should be fixed.

Hello. The main focus of this thread is to get the bugs on this weapon fixed and perhaps make it a more useful weapon. I have suggested for a while now that the Mysterious Keycard weapon, the Aegis Shield be buffed. A dev told me recently that it is a low priority item since only 3 exist in the game. Vera commented on it and said that it would be “...gradually buffed to the point it isn’t game breaking...”. We have waited for around 4-5 months for a change. If a developer tests the weapon long enough they’ll realize how many bugs the weapon has. Jeff also told a few of us that the shield ability on the weapon would be completely changed and perhaps he’d add some particles for the melee when it idles. A big issue with this weapon is its abilities. The item has various glitches. The dashes on the weapon do not always work and disable randomly. The normal mode dash has 2 charges and it deals 1 damage but doesn’t do any damage at times. In the dark mode the dash is 10 damage but disables randomly and you have to re-equip the item to be able to dash again. The dark mode has 2 minute cool-down and only works for 20 seconds which is pretty absurd, re-equipping it to be able to dash with it just makes this mode useless. The shield ability really has no use at all and is the most underwhelming feature of this weapon. It is named “Aegis Shield” but in its current state, the shield button only blocks for half a second and must be pushed constantly to even work. This ability freezes you in place and renders you immobile. Another big issue on this weapon is that the range and damage are bugged. At times the weapon doesn’t even deal damage, the weapon also lags players out frequently when it does this. The melee is 12.5 damage in normal mode and not very fast. I even suggested they drop the normal modes damage to 10 but to make it fast+heal on kills. The melee’s current freeze/speed make it difficult to hit someone in the normal mode. Most normal melees destroy me when I use the aegis shield which doesn’t seem right. Vera said aegis can’t be game breaking but on the other hand they auctioned the shrouded edge that has nearly no freeze, is very very fast & deals 10 damage+15 heal on a kill. We have waited for a buff on this keycard weapon for a while. I understand the aegis shield is rare and low priority but Jeff and Vera did say it’d be modified. Keycard weapons should be considered high tier weapons or at least in the same tier as limited auction weapons. To conclude this, I do know that the staff team is busy at all times and I hope to see the very many glitches on the weapon to be fixed at the very least.
    Last edited by Mrpibbgraal; 09-24-2020 at 05:02 AM.

How much is this item? I can imagine a 3 game item is mad expensive. Mysterious Tablets sell for over 1.3 Million trochus now XD

MY GUY I would love to see it buffed more too but, aegis shield in DARK MODE is currently the ONLY melee that competes with the most broken melee in iEra (SHROUDED EDGE). I guess it would be fair since it’s 3 in game but it’s not like staff predicted only 3 where going to be bought. I feel like aegis woulda got nerfed hard if a ton of players bought it. But I will vouch I did see Jeff say something about adding particles to the item. I would say the only buff/rework it needs is the actual shield attachment ability. It’s kinda useless lol, you get like barely 1 second(feels like .5) to block bullets. Sad there isn’t much SHIELD going on in a shield named item I will agree there lol.

Keep this in mind though ANY item with multiple attachment ability buttons is INTENTIONALLY buggy that’s what causes immobility sometimes or it tends to not work at all until you reequip it ENTIRELY so you don’t glitch an attachment ability button with another weapon that it doesn’t belong to (Example items:renegade blade, x75 Assault Armor, AEGIS SHIELD, Dimension Rifle)

As for the dashes on Aegis Shield I have a theory on why they where set REALLY low damage. Majority of dash items in game tend to have damage multiplied by 2x if the player receiving damage is against a wall idk why. If it was a higher damage on the dash it would be broken for PK alone due to the low cooldown especially if a player where to be against a wall.

Also what is even funnier is the only people complaining about Aegis shield remain you and Lynx. The insane IRONY is you guys own BOTH 2020 keycard weapons and you guys struggle to destroy players despite owning both. I have a blast on Koolaid’s account using Aegis shield + GPD. Aegis shield just needs a good partner weapon and it deeply upsets me knowing you guys aren’t having fun with BOTH 2020 key items I hope you learn to use it better idk what else to say it’s a tactical weapon #Ungrateful