Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Regressive Fine on Jailed

Regressive Fine on Jailed

The jail system im Era has been in place for ages, but if you check on the people who are currently jailed, I can say a good number of them are repeat offenders.

Clearly, the jail system isn't effective in stopping these people.

In view of this, I propose we impose a regresive fine on all who are jailed. For first timers no fine will be imposed (to give benefit of doubt to those who claim they DONT KNOW) but for subsequent ones a regressive fine will be imposed. The level of regression depends on the amount the person currently has.

For players with 50k or more gralats, the fine is 10% of their gralats.

For those with 25k or more the fine is 20%

For those with 10k or more the fine is 30%

For those with less than 10k it will be 50%

For those with 1000 gralats or less it will be 100% + 3 additional hours jail

Basically, the more gralats you have the smaller percentage you pay (but still a significant, DETERENT amount)

Having fines will work more effectively in stopping these crimes so this community can do better.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

I actually like this idea a lot, it should depend on the severity of the jail however such as hacking would fine more and vulgarity would fine less.
    Era's jail system is ineffective since players only get a timeout from game-time as a punishment which wouldn't really teach the offender to stop as they could just receive the time and just afk during their timeouts.
    Receiving such fines would teach them not to repeat offend as they would actually receive setbacks on their accounts.

In my opinion it would also be nice to place a fine for people who get gagged

No. Fine those who are jailed and give 10% of the fine collected to the first to report that person.

We need to encourage more players to report wrongdoings.

Rules are more likely to be abided by if there is a higher level of enforcement, and by encouraging reports, we bring the enforcement level up to keep the community safe.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    No. Fine those who are jailed and give 10% of the fine collected to the first to report that person.

Rules are more likely to be abided by if there is a higher level of enforcement, and by encouraging reports, we bring the enforcement level up to keep the community safe.
    Could you justify the "no"? I couldn't find any relation of what you said in the rest of the post with the "no".
    Getting gagged is easier than getting jailed. I just can't see how it wouldn't prevent "wrongdoings" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmY1809 View Post
    Could you justify the "no"? I couldn't find any relation of what you said in the rest of the post with the "no".
    Getting gagged is easier than getting jailed. I just can't see how it wouldn't prevent "wrongdoings" as well.
    I disagree with fines for gag

I disagree with fines for gag

Ironic coming form you. And you still didn't justify the motivation for your disagreement. But it isn't needed now, I end my participation in this thread now.

Ironic coming from me? I Dont suggest fines for gag because they are trivial and serve as a warning. As much as theres a need to take a tough stance on crimes theres also a line we must draw between being overly harsh on a gag.

Im not a drunkard protesting to fine everything. I propose to fine where I feel its reasonable and appropriate to better the community.

This may encourage false reports to earn gralats off of other rich players so this'll be abused in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by x7xixi View Post
    This may encourage false reports to earn gralats off of other rich players so this'll be abused in a way.
    They will only get paid if the reports are found to be true.

Abusing the report system is itself against the rules so those who abuse will risk getting penalised as well.