Thread: Let's take 75% discount off all weapons

Post Let's take 75% discount off all weapons

I know the game is shifting towards skill based gameplay and do away with Pay2Win.

But it is hard to do away with pay2win without closing the 'resource inequality' between the players who use real cash and those who work.

Ovetime, I realised that the pricing of items may not have been done right. Most prices are for items, and not the USAGE of them.

It is time recognise that most of the problems that we may have had - be it base domination by a few gangs,skill-less gameplay in the case of spamming bullets, excessive PKs, lags, and more - are due to the USAGE of the items. A gun cannot kill if we don't use it; we can't spam bullets at areas visited by many players if we don't use the gun.

We need to shift from pricing on items to pricing on the usage of these items.

As such, I suggest that we raise the prices of bullets and repair of guns, and decrease the prices of all weapons by 75%. So, a bar gun would cost 50k instead of 200k. This reduces the inequality brought about by PAY2WIN as more players can own the same items.

If prices of repair and bullets raise by 300%-500%, the skilled players will definitely use fewer bullets than the less skilled ones - which means that the less skilled ones have to bear a higher cost for their lack of skills. Overtime, though, these players will work on their skills so that they will bear a lower cost (as is every natural response of a consumer) , so the game as a whole moves towards skill-based gameplay.

Spamming bullets will now cost more since the price is charged on the usage of the weapon, so we reduce spamming of bullets (becoming more skill based) and reduces lag, by alot.

Having to pay for each bullet incentivises players to make each bullet count - so less spamming at doorways.

People could still do pay2win to purchase bullets/repairs, but it will be less effective. Allow me to give an example:- suppose USER A has the skills and owns a bar, he could get 50 kills in 2000 bullets (lets assume 2000 bullets costs 6000 gralats). User B pays to win and owns a bar, but his lack of skills meant that to get 50 kills he needed 10000 bullets. User B would have to spend 6000x5=30000 gralats while user A only needs to spend 6000 gralats. So as you can see, for the same amount of kills, the pay2win user with less skills will have to bear a higher cost, which levels the playing ground for paying users and non-paying users. The skill would be the one that matters.

We could charge different prices for different types of guns. For example, 1000 CG bullets can cost 30,000 gralats (30 gralats per round), 1000 BAR rounds can cost 5 gralats per bullet.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Charge for bullets like Era PC? I like it. Rather than giving players unlimited bullets every hour.
    As for P2W mechanism, that will never change. Unixmad needs his bread for his little hands.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!