Thread: Street Racing/Customizable Cars

Street Racing/Customizable Cars

In the last few years I feel like cars have lost their purpose, there are still many being sold today, but mostly to the beginners who think they look "cool". Overall, the only purpose of cars are the car missions, which between all of us are one of the more bad ways to earn lots of gralats.

Here is the idea: create 3-5 new cars which similar to the default rifle will have multiple different customization options for them, from bumpers to spoilers to simply the color of the car. Create certain performance upgrades, and maybe add some better mechanics to it, for example turning speed and such.

and FINALLY add events for which players could race one another, similar to the event races we already have.

Of course more can come from this, there could be contests along the lines of "rate my car" similar to the house voting systems and on the social end of it era can now hold a place for street racing gangs and etc. similar to mafia and street gang RP we know of today.
    Hey, I'm Unknown

Banned
    The problem is that no matter which car you add or what you do with them, people will still not bother buying or using them. This is because all of the cars are pretty much the same. A 4000$ cars is as a fast as a 10000$ car. The only thing that differs between each car are the pixels (Some are visually better then others). Unless they make each car unique, give them each different speeds and features, there’s not much point off adding customization.

I really think this idea would work well. Players would host car shows and such; like on GTA V Online. This would 'spice up' the car aspect of the game.

Players would want to match their car to their customs etc. It would be something new and fun.
    'Do or do not; there is no try'

well yeah the whole point would either be to make all 3-5 cars the same price with the same specs, or same price with different but "equal" specs (meaning one car has more acceleration and less speed and another more speed less acceleration and etc.) or make it like real life, where the 3-5 cars will be all in different "tiers" and will have price differences, and obviously tier 5 would be more expensive and better than tier 1.

- - - Updated - - -

exactly... Maybe even include player made skins/customizations similar to those of the default rifle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Dorvay View Post
    The problem is that no matter which car you add or what you do with them, people will still not bother buying or using them. This is because all of the cars are pretty much the same. A 4000$ cars is as a fast as a 10000$ car. The only thing that differs between each car are the pixels (Some are visually better then others). Unless they make each car unique, give them each different speeds and features, there’s not much point off adding customization.
    well the idea is this: make 3-5 totally new stock cars. Similar to default rifle looking very basic but not as ugly. Players with those 3-5 cars could participate in special events and so on. Obviously it is a lot to do to make it happen, but would be a very nice idea.
    Hey, I'm Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DavidLE View Post
    I really think this idea would work well. Players would host car shows and such; like on GTA V Online. This would 'spice up' the car aspect of the game.

Players would want to match their car to their customs etc. It would be something new and fun.
    that would be pretty cool, imagine seeing a miata in game