Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Proximity chat ingame

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Proximity chat ingame

While I was doing nothing in era, a great idea crossed my mind.

PROXIMITY VOICE CHAT. Yes, add proximity voice chat ingame like the one in among us youtube video thatd be fun as hell

Could be fun, but it would definitely get way too toxic.

I think it would be neat to have a way to toggle it on and off but it would be difficult to moderate and if I'm being honest, I don't see it happening.
    My name is Tyler

2015 & 2020 Player Relations
    2014 Forum Mod

Banned
    This feature would be cool if you could do this for example, with your friends. However this cannot happen and i will explain why. Years ago a global chat was implemented as far as i am aware where hundreds of people could communicate at the same time and it got removed, never to be seen again for reasons such as toxicity, harassment and vulgarity. If a chat feature got removed, then voice chat is extremely unlikely to ever be implemented in this game. No matter how many people would communicate and use voice chat, whether it would be 3 or 500 people, this feature would always create problems. A feature like this one would lead to more consequences and have more drawbacks than any significant benefits.

I can already see the twelve year olds running over and blasting excruciatingly high volume meme music for everyone in the surrounding area to hear.

This probably won't added due to players abusing it. Proximity chat would also be harder to log than global chat.

This would be neat to see what would happen in-game, but there's so many trolls in graal that it wouldn't last even if it was in. But that's a good idea if only people were not trolls.

Maybe if it’s added temporarily or for one special game mode

That would actually be fun. It would be a nice change until decides to mess it up. Nice idea.

Imagine densely populated areas like the trade tables and start if this feature was in game hahahaha!. It would be like a zoom classroom when the teacher leaves for the bathroom (except so I hear. Australia was only in distance schooling for 1.5 months).

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    While I was doing nothing in era, a great idea crossed my mind.

PROXIMITY VOICE CHAT. Yes, add proximity voice chat ingame like the one in among us youtube video thatd be fun as hell
    No.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.