Thread: Remove Trade Ban!

Post Remove Trade Ban!

Trade Bans have been used to punish scammers but that punishment has its drawbacks.

I thereby propose we implement Trade Deposits instead of trade bans.

Bascially, people with a history of scamming others will have to pay 250k gralats as a deposit in order to trade an item with someone.

For the next 7 days after the transaction, the item cannot be traded to anyone else and the trade deposit will be withheld. If no complaints of scam are filed by the other party within 7 days, the ex-scammer gets his/her trade deposit back. Otherwise, the ex-scammer loses the deposit, and the scammed item as well.

Of course, such complaints will have to be reviewed by a high staff and trade deposit should increase if the ex-scammer is found to be back to his/her old ways.

I believe when there's something at stake, ex-scammers will start to take trading seriously and ethically. I emphasize, trade deposits WILL BE RETURNED if there is no scam. THIS IS NOT TAXATION!
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

There is so many things wrong and negligent about what you talked about here. The only people that would care about this, would be trade banned people, and those who benefitted for helping them.

Simply, no.

Banned
    ^This. There is absolutely no way this idea will ever even be considered. There are Usders, scammers etc you call it who are trade-banned due to illegal misconduct and activity. They won’t get unbanned.

very shortsighted. If these trade-banned players had items that the community needs and they cant trade them, the community loses out.

Yes the scammers do what they do, but they wont risk 250k gralats only to lose it as well as their scammed item.

What has usders even have to do with this? If we banned people thats going to cause more people to USD since the only other way to be able to trade again is to own another account.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden-Jair View Post
    There is so many things wrong and negligent about what you talked about here. The only people that would care about this, would be trade banned people, and those who benefitted for helping them.

Simply, no.
    sure, share with me what's wrong and negligent.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    very shortsighted. If these trade-banned players had items that the community needs and they cant trade them, the community loses out.

Yes the scammers do what they do, but they wont risk 250k gralats only to lose it as well as their scammed item.

What has usders even have to do with this? If we banned people thats going to cause more people to USD since the only other way to be able to trade again is to own another account.

- - - Updated - - -

sure, share with me what's wrong and negligent.
    No matter what fee you charge them, they will always avoid the ban. In this case, are you sure they wouldn’t risk loosing 250k? Some of them have 5 million. 250k is nothing for them. And yes, Usders get trade banned. They sell items for real life currency and that’s illegal. First or second offense is a normal ban, then they get permanently trade banned because they never learn and will continue doing the same thing after normal 5-10 hour bans. This game takes USDers seriously and will not hesitate to permanently ban you from trade tables or from playing the entire game. As i said this idea will never be considered. There’s no need to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Dorvay View Post
    No matter what fee you charge them, they will always avoid the ban. In this case, are you sure they wouldn’t risk loosing 250k? Some of them have 5 million. 250k is nothing for them. And yes, Usders get trade banned. They sell items for real life currency and that’s illegal. First or second offense is a normal ban, then they get permanently trade banned because they never learn and will continue doing the same thing after normal 5-10 hour bans. This game takes USDers seriously and will not hesitate to permanently ban you from trade tables or from playing the entire game. As i said this idea will never be considered. There’s no need to argue.
    Huh? I am trying to suggest lifting the ban and replacing it with this trade deposit system. I dont get what yiu're trying to say here.

Yes they may have 5 million, but if they scam they lose 250k gralats AS WELL AS THE ITEM THEY SCAMMED.

Im talking about scamming here i have no idea why you're focusing so much on USDers.

You're not getting my point.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk

If you're talking about dealing with USDers a permaban or an account reset would be a more appropriate punishment.

Players who have been trade banned because they scam should be put into this system.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk

To be completely honest, I'm interested in seeing how Lyk's ideas would actually play out in a real video game.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

My solution personally would be permanent bans and month/year timed trade bans. But listen there’s definitely some serious cons. Some players have started renting out their trade banned accs with high tier tradeables that are locked to them. Then I see they have updated trade bans to disabling gift sending and only receiving due to macro users gifting themselves or selling gifts for trochus. Should really be disabling gift sends more accordingly in my opinion. Right now macros still rampage almost every job on iEra. Scamming in my opinion is dead. Only people getting scammed is USDrs and those who don’t pay attention to what’s on their trade table