Thread: Graal Advertising?

Graal Advertising?

I have realized the jump in both youtubers as well as players with social media and I'm just wondering, why doesn't era do a campaign to promote graal via, (ec, graatlets, melees, guns, BARs, Etc) WHATEVER. Then we should be able to with the revenue it brings upgrade servers and bring in some talented people via Player made Advertisements. Because in today's day and age I GUERENTEE We could get 10000 if not more people playing graal era. Wouldn't that be dope?

Pc era needs this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    This won’t happen. Think about it, when this game has 3k players online, the servers lag. With 5k players online, the servers would completely collapse, not to mention 10k. This game was not made to have tens of thousands of players. The servers would have to be expanded and new maps would have to be made as the current map would get over crowded. And I can tell you that this could take years and a lot of money. This consequences prevent the game from being massively advertised, not to mention that proactive advertising which would guarantee results, would be expensive and could cost thousands or even millions of dollars nowadays.

From a business perspective, this would involve hundreds of additional costs and finance that would have to be invested into the game to make this happen. Also advertising campaigns do fail so this would also be a risk.
    Last edited by Sam Dorvay; 12-27-2020 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull001 View Post
    Pc era needs this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Definitely

Also having around 10k players online would necessitate moving towards a regional server business model where multiple smaller (500 player limit) servers are hosted to increase the user performance

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Dorvay View Post
    This won’t happen. Think about it, when this game has 3k players online, the servers lag. With 5k players online, the servers would completely collapse, not to mention 10k. This game was not made to have tens of thousands of players. The servers would have to be expanded and new maps would have to be made as the current map would get over crowded. And I can tell you that this could take years and a lot of money. This consequences prevent the game from being massively advertised, not to mention that proactive advertising which would guarantee results, would be expensive and could cost thousands or even millions of dollars nowadays.

From a business perspective, this would involve hundreds of additional costs and finance that would have to be invested into the game to make this happen. Also advertising campaigns do fail so this would also be a risk.
    Do it like runescape and create worlds. Also, I understand your thinking about how much it would cost but like I said, you can offer pixilated items and digital currency to pay for the ads then your cost is next to nothing. You would just have to create another server and I bet it would take maybe... 1 year? Surely graal has made enough profit through all the years to make room for a low 10000 players. Classic used to do that if I am not mistaken.

The effort it would take for Graal to expand is not worth the potential extra profit. Graal is in a good place right now in terms of players.

Probably won’t happen for several reasons...

- Servers (#1 Goto reason whenever anyone mentions this topic - which is fair the servers are horrendous at times but I can see some ways they could do it )

- Copyright - I could be wrong about some of this stuff, but the amount of weapons and items that are just taken out of other games and tv shows really makes you question if it is even legal at some point. But don’t get me wrong I get hyped af seeing weapons from other games I enjoy but I think it is a roadblock for era.

I personally would be so happy to see era advertised and I think the issues that are preventing era could be fixed but I just don’t see it happening.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Whackanerd View Post
    Do it like runescape and create worlds. Also, I understand your thinking about how much it would cost but like I said, you can offer pixilated items and digital currency to pay for the ads then your cost is next to nothing. You would just have to create another server and I bet it would take maybe... 1 year? Surely graal has made enough profit through all the years to make room for a low 10000 players. Classic used to do that if I am not mistaken.
    You can’t pay digital in-game currency and pixelated items for advertising. This strategy had been tested 6 years ago through Facebook. The more people you shared the game with, the better rewards you got. These campaigns were not effective as people used Alts and the playerbase did not increase. You have to pay real life money if you want good advertising campaigns to see some results. For example, advertising on platforms such as youtube, etc.

Advertising and good advertising is not the same thing. Most adverts are bad and fail to promote businesses. That’s why it’s a risk and expensive. Cheap advertising is bad and very inconsistent and underwhelming when it comes to promoting a game, brand, or a business.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Dorvay View Post
    You can’t pay digital in-game currency and pixelated items for advertising. This strategy had been tested 6 years ago through Facebook. The more people you shared the game with, the better rewards you got. These campaigns were not effective as people used Alts and the playerbase did not increase. You have to pay real life money if you want good advertising campaigns to see some results. For example, advertising on platforms such as youtube, etc.

Advertising and good advertising is not the same thing. Most adverts are bad and fail to promote businesses. That’s why it’s a risk and expensive. Cheap advertising is bad and very inconsistent and underwhelming when it comes to promoting a game, brand, or a business.
    O ok this makes wayyy more sense now! Thanks for clearing this up!