Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hoyt Achievement

Hoyt Achievement

It'd be neat to add an achievement where you actually spot Hoyt out in the open on iEra since he's an extremely rare sight to find.

How many of the people here have seen Hoyt on iEra anyways? I've only spotted him once during the leap year event at the Water Park.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by x7xixi View Post
    It'd be neat to add an achievement where you actually spot Hoyt out in the open on iEra since he's an extremely rare sight to find.

How many of the people here have seen Hoyt on iEra anyways? I've only spotted him once during the leap year event at the Water Park.
    It’s very hard to spot Hoyt and nearly nobody manages to do so. When he is online, he is always working and therefore busy, so he doesn’t have time to wonder around era and you won’t ever spot him doing so because of this reason. The exact same thing happened when Snk and Homeless Witch were both managers, you could never find them.

I would also assume that this achievement would give unwanted attention to Hoyt as hundreds of people would be messaging or following him, hence why, i don’t think this specific achievement will be added into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Dorvay View Post
    It’s very hard to spot Hoyt and nearly nobody manages to do so. When he is online, he is always working and therefore busy, so he doesn’t have time to wonder around era and you won’t ever spot him doing so because of this reason. The exact same thing happened when Snk and Homeless Witch were both managers, you could never find them.

I would also assume that this achievement would give unwanted attention to Hoyt as hundreds of people would be messaging or following him, hence why, i don’t think this specific achievement will be added into the game.
    How do u know hes always working did he tell u

Hoyt is always hanging *literally* around my in-game house (no joke)

also, this is actually not gonna be really easy to script... its basically giving every player entity within a level an achievement every time they stand in a given area where Hoyt is plus an easter egg idea would be fun probably just not something thats based on a single staff member's online activity
    Discord Me:
    jaala#0029

Quote Originally Posted by Minho View Post

also, this is actually not gonna be really easy to script... its basically giving every player entity within a level an achievement every time they stand in a given area where Hoyt is plus an easter egg idea would be fun probably just not something thats based on a single staff member's online activity
    Or if we grab him we get the achievement

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by x7xixi View Post

Like a Club Penguin mascot? I feel like if we do this with an actual person (especially with someone as elusive as Hoyt in the Era community) it'd cause a lot of problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Or if we grab him we get the achievement
    Yeah just hide a Hoyt statue in a sewer somewhere and make it so when you grab him you get an achievement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    How do u know hes always working did he tell u
    I assume this because other managers were like that, they only have a staff account which they use for working purposes and they don’t have player accounts which other staff members such as PRs, Gfx, and Gani admins have and use to play with their friends, grind the game, etc (basically, for entertainment).

I have never seen Snk or HW around era back when they were managers. They spent Most of their free time focusing on improving the game rather than entertaining themselves by actually playing it as a regular player would do. I know they also have fun and relax, they can’t always work, they are not robots.

This is a mostly a theory, not a statement. I don’t see what staff do and i can’t know that for sure. This is a theory from an external perspective of an ordinary player.
    Last edited by Sam Dorvay; 01-03-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Dorvay View Post
    I assume this because other managers were like that, they only have a staff account which they use for working purposes and they don’t have player accounts which other staff members such as PRs, Gfx, and Gani admins have and use to play with their friends, grind the game, etc (basically, for entertainment).

I have never seen Snk or HW around era back when they were managers. They spent Most of their free time focusing on improving the game rather than entertaining themselves by actually playing it as a regular player would do. I know they also have fun and relax, they can’t always work, they are not robots.

This is a mostly a theory, not a statement. I don’t see what staff do and i can’t know that for sure. This is a theory from an external perspective of an ordinary player.
    I have seen homeless and snk a lot in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Minho View Post
    LMAO i went to ur house and why do u have a hoyt shrine