Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Why do you guys still play this game?

  1. #1

    Question Why do you guys still play this game?

    As a person who hasn't touched the game for years but has been checking the forums from time to time, I'm genuinely curious why you would still decide to invest time in this game even though there's much better games on the market or you can actually do something productive in life, like learning a new language.

  2. #2
    I mean, for some like me, it’s because this game was one of the first games I ever was exposed to in the online world. Not Era specifically, but Graal (classic was first) in general. I’ve met amazing friends on here that I regularly talk to from a range of 4-7 years of knowing them. I mean occasionally, I might support this game here and there with some money as a thanks for not forgetting about the community. I just can’t let go of such a memorable game.

  3. #3
    Absolute Moron DJ Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    253
    ^^^ Yea this
    I’ve played this game for ten years since 2010ish granted I’ve only played for 4200 hours of those 10 years but the friends I’ve made along the way are what make me stay. So many fond memories have been made from basing or just screwing around at start I’ve made a couple enemies as well in the past but since then I’ve come around to befriending a few of them as well

  4. #4
    Veteran Sam Dorvay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    426
    I don’t play this game anymore and i have been inactive for years. A lot of people including me, only play sometimes on festives such as Christmas, Halloween and Easter.

  5. #5
    Time Traveler BlessTheFall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Nether
    Posts
    81
    I started on classic in 2010 with irl friends in school. Found era and abandoned them cause I liked the feel of era a lot more vs cutting grass for graalats lmao. Over all graal is more educational than one would think. I learned a lot here. Then I’ve met some pretty cool people on era especially. Graal is only fun if you make it fun for yourself. I keep myself entertained doing sumn different daily on era. I never keep the same routine really.

  6. #6
    Veteran Sam Dorvay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessTheFall View Post
    I started on classic in 2010 with irl friends in school. Found era and abandoned them cause I liked the feel of era a lot more vs cutting grass for graalats lmao. Over all graal is more educational than one would think. I learned a lot here. Then I’ve met some pretty cool people on era especially. Graal is only fun if you make it fun for yourself. I keep myself entertained doing sumn different daily on era. I never keep the same routine really.
    ^^^You are right. I started playing Graal in 2010 when i was 7 years old and it really improved my English as i’m a non native speaker. I also met a lot of good people and had fun. I grew up with this game and you do learn valuable things.

  7. #7
    Time Traveler BlessTheFall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Nether
    Posts
    81
    Graal is very retro and cool. Not too many side scrolling games with this much content, fun, people and weird educational situations. One of these days it may go viral and you’ll be happy to have played so early just like the rest of us I’ve actually heard this game has helped a lot with English being their 2nd language and that is WHOLESOME.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayden-Jair View Post
    I mean, for some like me, it’s because this game was one of the first games I ever was exposed to in the online world. Not Era specifically, but Graal (classic was first) in general. I’ve met amazing friends on here that I regularly talk to from a range of 4-7 years of knowing them. I mean occasionally, I might support this game here and there with some money as a thanks for not forgetting about the community. I just can’t let go of such a memorable game.

    Era was also one of the first games exposed to me by an online friend during my early teenage years while I still played games on Facebook lol, hence my stupid name on this forum. You are exceptionally lucky to be still keeping in touch with people online for that long. Alll my friends on Era are dead inactive last I checked, and all that's left now are frail memories of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Misty View Post
    ^^^ Yea this
    I’ve played this game for ten years since 2010ish granted I’ve only played for 4200 hours of those 10 years but the friends I’ve made along the way are what make me stay. So many fond memories have been made from basing or just screwing around at start I’ve made a couple enemies as well in the past but since then I’ve come around to befriending a few of them as well
    Sometimes you meet really amazing people on this game, you might become so fond of them that you may even still think of them and what they may be up to in real life, even if you've just met on a 2d game and haven't spoken for years lol. There are times for me too where someone was behaving extremely toxic towards me at first, but later on they opened up and showed their soft sides. And hell yeah screwing around in that game is so fun, I remember getting bored and doing really crazy random things and still having a blast while doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Dorvay View Post
    I don’t play this game anymore and i have been inactive for years. A lot of people including me, only play sometimes on festives such as Christmas, Halloween and Easter.
    I feel like there hasn't really been any super exciting updates for a while now, it just looks like the same thing over and over again each year. But I'm not totally up to date with all of the changes, so maybe I've missed out on some really cool things.
    I'm curious about why you stopped being active on the game, you and I are similar lol, we don't play the game but we check the forums. Is it because you can't make time for the game anymore?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlessTheFall View Post
    I started on classic in 2010 with irl friends in school. Found era and abandoned them cause I liked the feel of era a lot more vs cutting grass for graalats lmao. Over all graal is more educational than one would think. I learned a lot here. Then I’ve met some pretty cool people on era especially. Graal is only fun if you make it fun for yourself. I keep myself entertained doing sumn different daily on era. I never keep the same routine really.
    I can confirm this, playing Era and talking to people really did improve my English, I am now Top 1 of my class in the subject even if English isn't my native language. (At the same time however, most French people have a really horrible mastery of English, and their schools tend to have a really easy marking scheme for the language).
    In Era no routine is really always the same, it always changes, spontaneous fun things can happen at any moment. (unpleasant events can also arise though lol)

  9. #9
    Runner Minho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    917
    I just genuinely enjoy open world games
    Discord Me:
    jaala#0029

  10. #10
    I started in classic in 2010 after getting my first ipad for christmas and finding it on the app store and just loving it, after i believe in late 2011 my friends from classic convinced to play era and i stayed on era since but play on every other server every once in awhile. But its really nice to do your own things and have unique items and looks and to do whatever you want. With a ton of contact easily addicted.
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

    Have Any Graal Related Questions? Ask me
    2010-2020

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •