Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Doesnt This Game Get Advertisement?

Why Doesnt This Game Get Advertisement?

This Game Has So Much Potential To Be HUGE I Wish It Just Had The Support :/ Anyone Else Agree???
    ModeGraal On Youtube

The server can hardly handle 4K players online man

Maybe in the future after alot of fixes happen to the servers and or code to handle big advertisement.
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

Have Any Graal Related Questions? Ask me
    2010-2021

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by ModeGraal View Post
    This Game Has So Much Potential To Be HUGE I Wish It Just Had The Support :/ Anyone Else Agree???
    No, I don't. Not only is the smaller community a nice perk to little advertising but the game's servers (in their current state) can barely handle the small amount of players it does now.

It's not that Stephane doesn't have the money to pay for advertising (people buy gralats everyday, hence why the servers are still going) but he knows it's not really a good decision.

Graal's iOS servers would theoretically be screwed once a big influencer/YouTuber gets a hold of it; proof being in the past when XXXTENTACION advertised the game and it got really bad for a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

So why dont they use the money to create better servers????
    ModeGraal On Youtube

Related to Players
    So why dont they use the money to create better servers????
    The issue isn't server space, it's optimization. Graal is not optimized for the average joe's device and it causes rubber banding on everyone's end. Besides buying server space as an investment just to advertise an 11 year old mobile game is beyond a risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.

Banned
    Also a new map would have to be made as the current one would be too overcrowded and as a result there would be a lot of lag. Good advertising is expensive and many business can’t afford the risk. All of the video games you see using effective advertising and expanding their player base spend millions to get there. Advertising is not only expensive but it’s also a risk which may lead to financial losses. Probably the owner is happy with the amount of annual profit made each year so why risk it?
    Last edited by Sam Dorvay; 02-15-2021 at 06:14 AM.

I think we could get a lot of advertisement for a small percentage of what the big companies spend. I'm sure we could pay 4-5 different youtubers with a couple hundred thousand/1-2m subs 10,000$ to make a video on the game. That's 50,000$ and potentially at least 1 million people will see the game. So with all due respect I don't agree with your standpoint and I hope you consider mine.

Vance how old are u bud LOL this game can be played by any age group

Edit just to further calculate the risk/reward.

if 1 million people see the game and 1% of people download the game. That's 10,000 players. Say 25% of those players purchase a gralat pack so they could get customization or whatever. 5.99x2500= about 15,000$ this would obviously mean a loss and that the game either needs more development or more advertisement.

Now same scenario but say the videos were a success and the youtubers actually ended up liking the game so they played it frequently.
    This brings in an extra 1000 hardcore players that love the game.

half of them buy bar. Bar typically around 80$ thats 40,000$ still a 10,000$ loss for the first few months. But say half of the players that bought a BAR stick around. That's another 20,000$ and boom thats 60,000$ we're in profit.

Now what if 10,000 people become hardcore players...

600,000$ in gralat purchases within 4 months.
    ModeGraal On Youtube

Banned
    I think we could get a lot of advertisement for a small percentage of what the big companies spend. I'm sure we could pay 4-5 different youtubers with a couple hundred thousand/1-2m subs 10,000$ to make a video on the game. That's 50,000$ and potentially at least 1 million people will see the game. So with all due respect I don't agree with your standpoint and I hope you consider mine.

Vance how old are u bud LOL this game can be played by any age group

Edit just to further calculate the risk/reward.

if 1 million people see the game and 1% of people download the game. That's 10,000 players. Say 25% of those players purchase a gralat pack so they could get customization or whatever. 5.99x2500= about 15,000$ this would obviously mean a loss and that the game either needs more development or more advertisement.

Now same scenario but say the videos were a success and the youtubers actually ended up liking the game so they played it frequently.
    This brings in an extra 1000 hardcore players that love the game.

half of them buy bar. Bar typically around 80$ thats 40,000$ still a 10,000$ loss for the first few months. But say half of the players that bought a BAR stick around. That's another 20,000$ and boom thats 60,000$ we're in profit.

Now what if 10,000 people become hardcore players...

600,000$ in gralat purchases within 4 months.
    That is not an option, it doesnt work like that. If it would be that easy then we would all be millionares. Marketing is very complex and most marketing campaigns fail, especially when you put money into them as your risking the business's/your own capital.

In response to your point, if 10k people download and start playing the game, the servers will collapse. Thats why this game doesnt get advertised. You are analyzing an idea only looking at the positives but you are not looking at the outcomes and consequences that will come with it. Plus the owners are not going to throw hundreds of thousands of dollars to advertise this game because advertising is a risk and there is a high chance of failure.
    Last edited by Sam Dorvay; 02-18-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Okay I'm not going to argue you with you about how much it would cost for marketing but I will think of a solution that we can both agree on.

So what if we advertised a crowdfund to fund the game with say 100,000 to use towards building the server (not only make it more smooth and capable but also adding new features to the game maybe like a new source code ideally) and advertisement for the game.

We would need very little if any money. All we would need is support from all Graal games to get together and promote this crowdfunding on social medias. Then we would use that money to grow the game.
    ModeGraal On Youtube