Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why Doesnt This Game Get Advertisement?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NCX View Post
    Let the child of dorvay do his thing to become a Player Relations Adiam and to negotiate with unixmad in the Future jk
    I don’t want to be a PR, I only play this game for fun plus i got kicked out of dorvay a while ago lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by NCX View Post
    Let the child of dorvay do his thing to become a Player Relations Adiam and to negotiate with unixmad in the Future jk
    lmao unixmad doesn't talk to the PR's

this game doesn't reinvest their profits; probably because hosting the server already costs an arm and a leg and 90% of the people working on the game are volunteering and not actually requesting pay.

the game did have advertisement at one point (there MAY still be the Air Asia product placement ingame at the airport) through brochures on an asian airline, but as far as i know, it didn't prove to bring in retention for players, so it was scrapped. the game's advertisement used to be that searching GTA Online on the app store in like 2011 to 2012 would return Era as a top 3 result.
    Lucky enough to have known the best players to ever log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sequel View Post
    this game doesn't reinvest their profits; probably because hosting the server already costs an arm and a leg and 90% of the people working on the game are volunteering and not actually requesting pay.

the game did have advertisement at one point (there MAY still be the Air Asia product placement ingame at the airport) through brochures on an asian airline, but as far as i know, it didn't prove to bring in retention for players, so it was scrapped. the game's advertisement used to be that searching GTA Online on the app store in like 2011 to 2012 would return Era as a top 3 result.
    all the profits from the game (as far as I'm aware) go to stephanie and we all know he doesn't care that much lol

this gave me a great idea.... Graal could run ads... Maybe like a mass pm every few hours.... or billboards.... yaknow? that way they can get even more money coming in.
    ModeGraal On Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by ModeGraal View Post
    this gave me a great idea.... Graal could run ads... Maybe like a mass pm every few hours.... or billboards.... yaknow? that way they can get even more money coming in.
    tf are they gonna mass? keep playing?

mind absolutely blown at the fact that you didn't realize two things, chief

1) the freebies every couple minutes are the literal mass PMs you're talking about. they generate income by keeping players retained online.

2) i explicitly stated that they attempted advertisement in potentially the largest gaming market in the world at the time (asian phone games are pretty big!) and it didn't retain any value

graal can't advertise because graal, in and of itself, is all but a failed product. it has no scalability for if 10,000 players decided to play tomorrow. it has no appeal if people stop playing. the game also doesn't run on the second largest market in gaming, which is PC (and don't mention playerworlds, because that's an entirely other unoptimized can of worms)
    Lucky enough to have known the best players to ever log in.

Banned
    They tried that. You could watch ads and you could earn some graalats for watching each ad. I actually tried it myself back in the day and it was glitched, you got nothing for watching ads. This could have been a new source of revenue and new money could come in as you said but the project was a complete failure and it was abandoned.

- - - Updated - - -

You’re spot on. This game had 7k players plus in 2013. The servers were better and more money was invested in them because right now the server can’t even hold 3k. I remember Era was quite popular on the appstore and it kept growing and the player base continued to increase but the game stopped growing and has been declining for the past 5 years. Imagine what Graal could have been today if this had not happened. Also as you said this game is different and cannot compete in the market so people find better games and quit, that’s why the player count is the lowest it has ever been nowadays. For a product to succeed it has to be able to adapt to the market and its changes and graal hasn’t been able to do this.
    Last edited by Sam Dorvay; 02-21-2021 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Dorvay View Post

You’re spot on. This game had 7k players plus in 2013. The servers were better and more money was invested in them because right now the server can’t even hold 3k. I remember Era was quite popular on the appstore and it kept growing and the player base continued to increase but the game stopped growing and has been declining for the past 5 years. Imagine what Graal could have been today if this had not happened. Also as you said this game is different and cannot compete in the market so people find better games and quit, that’s why the player count is the lowest it has ever been nowadays. For a product to succeed it has to be able to adapt to the market and its changes and graal hasn’t been able to do this.
    Naw tbh it's honestly surprising Graal sustained for this long, and prospered like it has. I mean, considering the unapologetically absent management, utterly terrible support team, and complete abuse of microtransactions; just to begin ofc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    Naw tbh it's honestly surprising Graal sustained for this long, and prospered like it has. I mean, considering the unapologetically absent management, utterly terrible support team, and complete abuse of microtransactions; just to begin ofc.
    People who play graal are mostly 2010-2015 players with thousands of hours and they all have to quit at some point and new players don’t come or do but at a small rate, hence why the playerbase gets smaller every year. So the majority of people who still play this game do so because they are addicted and from there spend a lot of money on micro transactions to feed their addiction.