Thread: Head Upload Rejected,

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    cat supremacist Lieutenant
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Dorvay View Post
    I am not talking about gifs and png. I am talking about .png files and .gif files formats which are different concepts. Png files do not have one frame. They can have 10 frames. They can also have gifs. Anyway none of this matters here. What I said about the files previously is not the problem as Imaginary said. The reason why that user’s upload head gets disapproved is that solid Black is used in the eye in the last frame so the head in-game will probably be transparent.
    PNG files are a single frame. GIF files are a compilation of multiple frames that are, as Knox said, cycled through to create the animation. GIFs can contain as many PNG files as you want; however, this may not necessarily be the case as you can use any image type in the creation of a GIF. PNG files maintain 100% of image quality which is superior to JPGs as JPGs lose image quality due to compression, resulting in a grainy image. JPGs can be exported as PNG files but this will not revert the compression. The final file format of an animation in this case will always be a GIF. This is how it is, this is how it always has been.
    Last edited by leaf me alone; 01-20-2021 at 03:27 PM.