Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Head Upload Rejected,

cat supremacist Lieutenant
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Dorvay View Post
    I am not talking about gifs and png. I am talking about .png files and .gif files formats which are different concepts. Png files do not have one frame. They can have 10 frames. They can also have gifs. Anyway none of this matters here. What I said about the files previously is not the problem as Imaginary said. The reason why that user’s upload head gets disapproved is that solid Black is used in the eye in the last frame so the head in-game will probably be transparent.
    PNG files are a single frame. GIF files are a compilation of multiple frames that are, as Knox said, cycled through to create the animation. GIFs can contain as many PNG files as you want; however, this may not necessarily be the case as you can use any image type in the creation of a GIF. PNG files maintain 100% of image quality which is superior to JPGs as JPGs lose image quality due to compression, resulting in a grainy image. JPGs can be exported as PNG files but this will not revert the compression. The final file format of an animation in this case will always be a GIF. This is how it is, this is how it always has been.
    Last edited by leaf me alone; 01-20-2021 at 03:27 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leaf me alone View Post
    PNG files are a single frame. GIF files are a compilation of multiple frames that are, as Knox said, cycled through to create the animation. GIFs can contain as many PNG files as you want; however, this may not necessarily be the case as you can use any image type in the creation of a GIF. PNG files maintain 100% of image quality which is superior to JPGs as JPGs lose image quality due to compression, resulting in a grainy image. JPGs can be exported as PNG files but this will not revert the compression. The final file format of an animation in this case will always be a GIF. This is how it is, this is how it always has been.
    That does not matter, this is not what this thread is about. The point of this thread is to help the person with the disapproved head. I said I could be wrong because I don’t know much about this. I haven’t and don’t keep myself up to date with pixels/frames and I don’t intent to do so. Let’s not go off-topic. This thread is not about file formats.

I didn’t want to start an off topic argument. I just posted to state a possible reason why his head might have been disapproved, the eye is full black in the last frame of the head. Full black/white colors are not allowed as the head will look transparent. That’s why the head is deemed as inappropriate it so it always gets disapproved.

Related to Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Dorvay View Post
    I don’t see any watermarks on that head. Your head has been saved as a .gif file. This is why your head would always get disapproved as that’s the wrong file format to save upload heads. Try saving the head in a .png format.

The black eye on the last frame could also be seen as inappropriate as full black pitch colours are not allowed (if it’s used on that frame, I can’t really tell for sure) because the head would look transparent in-game. If this is the case use very dark grey instead of the full black pitch colour.
    For future reference for anyone reading this thread; the problem was the watermark and has nothing to do with the file extension or the "full black eye."

1. OP fixed the watermark frame and it got accepted. Never did they mention anything about fixing the eye. If they're still using the head, that means it wasn't the issue. Plus, that's a death frame—not a frame they're walking around with on the overworld.

2. You can't submit (or make) moving .png files. You're mistaking those with .apng files, which as far as I'm aware iEra doesn't accept on the image upload website. .gif files are fine, both the OP and I have .gif heads and haven't had any problems. Era also accepts .png files but then they can't blink so.

3. Could also be a problem with image size and compression. If you made the head from scratch and have stray run away pixels it won't get accepted as well. OP could've got rid of those and not mentioned it because it's not as big of a change as removing the death frame and fixing the eyes.
    Watch Mr. Robot on Prime Video.