Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Complex Update - Player Input Requested!

Manager

Handgun Dual Complex Update - Player Input Requested!

Spar Complex Update - In Early Development

Hey Everyone,

I've been quite busy with Plasma Corp the past couple of years, however, I wanted to split my focus and give some attention to the Spar Complex in 2021 and beyond.
    Prior to becoming staff, my main activity on Era was sparring, and in my opinion, it's a shame that Complex hasn't been giving much attention over the past few years.
    The details regarding this update will remain mostly private until it reaches completion, and I am currently in the very early stages of working on this so don't expect a release anytime soon.
    This update will be focused on Spar Complex, and it is very unlikely I will be updating/adjusting MPX as I simply do not have the availability for this.

I have quite a few things in mind, such as:
    • A new, 1920's mafia-themed look
    • New Rewards (old rewards will not be removed)
    • Completely re-working gang spar
    • New spar room types
    • and a lot more...

However, prior to progressing, I wanted to get some player input.

So, the question is simple:
    - What do you think would be a good addition to Complex, and spar in general?
    - What things do you want to remain the same?
    - If new unique rooms were added, how would you want them to work and how would they be unique? (e.g. Duo Spar, M4 only room)

Please note: No low-effort suggestions such as 'buff this' or 'nerf that' are desired, please keep this discussion civil and constructive, and do not insult anyone for their suggestions.

Thanks!

Ranked/Separated Skill Rooms.
    Ex: 0-1k wins room, 1k-10k, 10k+
    But keep the old rooms too

Make complex gang spar tournament where you can use whatever gun you want. So now there will be 2 gsts a year and players would be alot more active to spar throughout instead of just sparring a month before MPX gst starts.
    Also the new rewards with the old rewards and revamp of the arenas and lobby would be nice.
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

Have Any Graal Related Questions? Ask me
    2010-2021

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBill View Post
    Ranked/Separated Skill Rooms.
    Ex: 0-1k wins room, 1k-10k, 10k+
    But keep the old rooms too
    Yeah, wouldn't hurt to add something like this; however the issue here is we need to make sure Complex isn't just flooded with a huge amount of new rooms which would in turn reduce the number of people in each room.
    The 10k + room wouldn't be a bad idea for skilled sparrers who just want to vs each-other, however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon123 View Post
    Make complex gang spar tournament where you can use whatever gun you want. So now there will be 2 gsts a year and players would be alot more active to spar throughout instead of just sparring a month before MPX gst starts.
    Also the new rewards with the old rewards and revamp of the arenas and lobby would be nice.
    One GST is a huge headache for the staff team as it is, I really don't see two happening. The main focus is on automation; things that don't require staff intervention.
    Yeah - a good amount of new rewards will be added hopefully, and all levels will be revamped.

Add an M4 only room

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Out of all the things you have in mind, I’d say the best idea would be to add new rewards. Obviously a new theme would be cool and all, but that would only attract attention for maybe a week at most. I say something the Complex is lacking is the rewards. Think about it. What have the rewards been for years now? Psg, P2ks, M4a3, Vector, and Mp5(and obviously skins and hats/masks as well). Anyone would probably think that’s a good amount, but over time, if you look around era you see that a majority of the players have most of the guns. In my opinion, the reward guns have been the best part of the game. They were my main goal before I had them. But now that there’s nothing left, I feel like the game has gotten a little bland. I think a lot of us can agree that if there were more reward guns, there would be some excitement and I’d even go as far as saying there would be some players coming back to the game. And honestly I would even help gani the guns if I had the chance. But hey that’s just me
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Junz View Post
    Yeah, wouldn't hurt to add something like this; however the issue here is we need to make sure Complex isn't just flooded with a huge amount of new rooms which would in turn reduce the number of people in each room.
    The 10k + room wouldn't be a bad idea for skilled sparrers who just want to vs each-other, however.

- - - Updated - - -

One GST is a huge headache for the staff team as it is, I really don't see two happening. The main focus is on automation; things that don't require staff intervention.
    Yeah - a good amount of new rewards will be added hopefully, and all levels will be revamped.
    Yeah i forgot to add on, it should be a lot more rewarding so spar like in mpx where you get a hat or a melee or a skin every 500 spar or 1k spars. But something automated would be nice possibly a mini gamemode like they have in mpx where you can play tdm and etc if you know what i referring to but it should give ec possibly every hour.
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

2010-2021

Manager
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vSh0otingstar View Post
    Add an M4 only room
    M4 only room will be added.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJimmy View Post
    Out of all the things you have in mind, I’d say the best idea would be to add new rewards. Obviously a new theme would be cool and all, but that would only attract attention for maybe a week at most. I say something the Complex is lacking is the rewards. Think about it. What have the rewards been for years now? Psg, P2ks, M4a3, Vector, and Mp5(and obviously skins and hats/masks as well). Anyone would probably think that’s a good amount, but over time, if you look around era you see that a majority of the players have most of the guns. In my opinion, the reward guns have been the best part of the game. They were my main goal before I had them. But now that there’s nothing left, I feel like the game has gotten a little bland. I think a lot of us can agree that if there were more reward guns, there would be some excitement and I’d even go as far as saying there would be some players coming back to the game. And honestly I would even help gani the guns if I had the chance. But hey that’s just me
    New theme will be added for sure, and we are planning to add new rewards, as mentioned in the original post.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    I also have another idea that’s probably a long shot, but how about a gun rental system? Because some players don’t have many guns to use... And it’s a little unfair that one player has a starter pistol and another has a Gm4. So maybe players that can’t afford to buy guns can rent a gun(But not all guns should be available to rent) for a cheap price too. And people might abuse this system and just use it so they don’t have to buy guns. So how about if you rent a gun, you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can rent again. So that people don’t just rent the gun over and over. I mean it could be helpful since not every player can buy guns for a high price lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I’m aware that you mentioned the idea for new rewards. But yeah I was just giving my opinion and my perspective of what it would be like.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Oh wanted to a idea before i forget a room to duo spar in so with a partner like in mpx would be really nice alot of people like to spar with their friends.
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

2010-2021